Hacking Custom IOS36 rev 08

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Wii there be the multigame loader and method to create multigame discs from Waninkoko or just use gamma loader and Wiiscubber 1.4?

Thanks.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i gave it to a few people they can do with it has they wish
I want no Credit From it, if it works good or bricks ya

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can install cIOS33 patched with this DIP, and this cIOS249_r8 then use menu loader to boot into IOS249, if anything goes wrong just reset your Wii and the SysMenu will hang again in you working IOS30..!!!
biggrin.gif

WiiMoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Sure i can update CIOSCORP unless someone beats me to it.
But is it really worth it, And when i do update it Fair Warning i will not be testing the New CIOS30

So if anyone else wants to update it Let me now, or i'll go ahead and do it

So my question is it really worth the process of updating?

If I install this do I need to install again the CIOSCORP?

and how do I try the IOS30?

If I get errors with games at 002, I will patch with this, but still can some guru can tell me why?

ANyone?

Thanks!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i know i said i wasn't going to test it, But i couldn't help myself.lol Well the Updated CIOSCORP does work, not sure of the improvements as of right now But it is just has stable has the Old CIOSCORP I did not brick installing the New CIOS30v2 rev8 for the system menu plus i tested the new CIOS9v2 DIP rev8 just to make sure Older Games still work, No Problems there neither still haven't tested on more recent Error001 002 yet

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From the README I read that the new CIOs is always a modified ios36 (ios249) then there should be no problem with the wad of the system menu ... I think.

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Going to try the new CIOSCORP tonight on my wii. I'll tell you guys how it goes. And by the way, other than the 001, 002 fixes are there any other major improvements? Like to the cache or anything, that helps loading times or stuff like that?

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish i just knew what the heck was so different lol if its pretty much the same but helps ppl with modchips and the thing that ppl seem to assume means multiloading from the disc channel with no real backup of that theory there doesn't seem to be a reason to upgrade

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yesterday was a good day, huh
biggrin.gif
? Like other said, first USB 2.0, and then a new cIOS...long live Saturday, the 8. March
wink.gif

I still don't see for me a need in this (don't need Downgrader or Dumper, Error 001 fixed by Modchip, Error 002 Fixed with installing IOS50, Backups are always 6x because of Modchip). But it's good to see Waninkoko still tries to improve it. Keep it going, Wanin
grog.gif
. Looking forward to your next releases
wink.gif

~Blue-K

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
e46saugen said:
With cIOS rev.8 i am able to play DL-Games like Super Smash Bros Brawl. I think thats an important update.
Wait, DL with a softmod WITHOUT a modchip?

If yes, a dumb question but... I have cIOScorp installed. I only need to execute the dol to patch everything or I need to do something special?

soued031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have the new version of CiosCorp too WiiBlaster please?
I want to know if my DDL version of super smash bros brawl works really with it like someone says it on this topic

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think i have IOS36 already installed, an older version do i just install this over the old one and 'the new cIOScorp' where can i download that and i just install over the old one?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Waninkoko and/or Linkinworm:
1. Is "IOCTL_DI_OFFSET" a special new command?
Don't new commands make the cIOS more attackable to copy protection? A game would just have to try to use that command and if it works, it knows that it's running a cIOS. That sounds pretty "dangerous" to me.

2. Is the SetOffsetBase command now working the same as it does in nintendo's IOS?

3. How and why is the 002 error in the cIOS fixed, while it's a loader issue? (with cioscorp and the old dip you don't get the 002 error)

4. The 001 error is fixed inside the cIOS now, does that mean that DL discs are now enabled?

Fulgore said:
jpref said:
- Command IOCTL_DI_OFFSET custom (to support multigame).
As in "Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot" support?

Before Dack was working at multi game disc support in WiiScrubber and his SoftChip mod, Waninkoko was working at an own totally different working mutli game loader. Maybe this is a special command and it's needed for Waninkoko's upcoming multi game launcher. Note that Dack's method works for modchip users with nintendo's IOS(and for softmodders with any cIOS), and this will(if it works as expected) always require that cIOS. Both methods have its advantages and disadvantages.

QUOTE(e46saugen @ Mar 8 2009, 11:10 AM)
With cIOS rev.8 i am able to play DL-Games like Super Smash Bros Brawl. I think thats an important update.

Did you test it? Are you able to reproduce that, i mean play the game with the rev7 cIOS and then you get a crash at xy and with the rev8 cIOS it works?

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will the CIOSCORP update be a package of wads or a internet installer? either way if someone could point out where i could download the new update

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are people talking about here (enable DL games)? I don't have a mod chip, I just used the softmii package and I've always been able to play SSBB. Yes I got the dual layer version burned to a dual layer disc. Little bit confused here....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol