Hacking Custom Forwarder and Tips

Are you using one of these forwarder Channels?

• No, I don't use USB Loaders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think comparing what I did to stealing cars is not a good analogy. It's more like poetry or music, you can be inspired from other peoples' work but have your own style.
I believe no one except an expert like you diddy can make an A to Z channel completely from scratch.

And I never mentioned making everything from scratch without using base wads, that was clearly a joke when pepxl & joost asked me. I think they took my answer "I did it the hard way using benzin :)" very seriously.

No one actually gave his opinion about the channel contents (the looks, effects and images) all comments were about stealing berlyns. Don't I deserve some credits you think?

I'm pretty sure it's not too hard to make a banner from scratch using nothing from any other banners

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Now you should have some understanding why base .wads are important, you cant just use game banners and swap the images out. Not to be rude but how does it take hours making simple text effects that are done it seconds, unless you mean to edit everything it total....
yeah I was talking about the testing, also changing colors, sizes, contrasts, transparency... etc You know it's more than just "swapping images", you make it look very silly. I'm sure you know what I mean.
I made sure no bugs exist in the final wad and did testing with Dolphin. It's very demanding to get everything perfect.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
O.K but didn't you say you didn't use dolphin due to your cache issues :P
For screenshots. I had to delete the channel with showmiiwads before installing a new one with same ID. also the screenshots are big and I had to resize them everytime. That's why I just used Dscaler instead.
I learned a lot from this exercise and next time I'll make thinks much faster ;)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
O.K but didn't you say you didn't use dolphin due to your cache issues :P
For screenshots. I had to delete the channel with showmiiwads before installing a new one with same ID. also the screenshots are big and I had to resize them everytime. That's why I just used Dscaler instead.
I learned a lot from this exercise and next time I'll make thinks much faster ;)
If you ask nicely, I make screenshots for people with my USB Gecko (link in my sig). I prefer to make them all at once since it takes awhile to set everything up, so send me wad files in bulk please.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
If you ask nicely, I make screenshots for people with my USB Gecko (link in my sig). I prefer to make them all at once since it takes awhile to set everything up, so send me wad files in bulk please.

What app you using to take the screenies there Joosin?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I used to use Wiird, but I switched to Gecko dotNET. I reboot through Gecko OS.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
It's nice using channel you create/edit I did a working forwarder for balanceboard tools and WiiUAE & Frodo-C64 once since I didn't find them ready made. Now about half the channels I use are tweaked in away or another :)
I have a little issue with complex forwarders since they don't work with newer lib's any fix for this?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

I used to use Wiird, but I switched to Gecko dotNET. I reboot through Gecko OS.

aww, you can use Rebooter to SM screenshots, didn't even think of that lol

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
You have to try this one.

The Blue Diamonds Forwarder for CFG USB Loader. (Has nothing to do with Boulder Dash)
A new bouncing effect (made me lol) with a great background that changes colors (blue, green, yellow...)
This is my favorite now :)

screenies:
254366c94781e308e6aa99d3bc58ca84.jpg

70a0ee3e58dab7976a1175e5ba30a0cd.jpg

Get it from here:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky