custom firmware,acekard with 3in1 exp.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by vdv-fox, Dec 16, 2007.

Dec 16, 2007
  1. vdv-fox
    OP

Newcomer vdv-fox Member

Germany
    hi everyone [​IMG]

so, first i like to say sorry for my english, it`s not very good.

I see a custom firmware for the acekard that bind the 3in1 exp. in.
    so, my questen is, can someone update it?? becase 4.03 is not the best firmware, but gba support is perfekt and esay to use with it.

homepage of firmware

sources

binaries

thx for help and have fun with the firmware.

2. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Interesting. I have an acekard RPG coming in the mail. This would be a good little feature to also have. Well, it is harder to update the custom firmware rather if I were you I would email Acekard team the link and the source and see if they will add that portion of the code to their official firmware so the acekard will OFFICIALLY get 3in1 support. Although, with no permission from the program creator that is a bit rude.

Thanks for the link anyway, I will test it out when my Acekard RPG comes in the mail.

3. vdv-fox
    OP

Newcomer vdv-fox Member

Germany
    yes, test it, i promiss it works perfect, i test about 50 games, all ran perfectly.
    i will mail acekard team.

4. golden

United States
    I find it odd that such a nice and working feature is just randomly thrown onto the net without very many people knowing about it. VERY STRANGE. Anyway, ya, email the link to the source, site, and binary to acekard team at acekard@gmail.com and see what they have to say.

5. vdv-fox
    OP

Newcomer vdv-fox Member

Germany
    email is send to acekard-team:)

6. golden

United States
    Cool, now we wait and see what happens. [​IMG] Maybe there will be a new firmware out soon. [​IMG]

7. vdv-fox
    OP

Newcomer vdv-fox Member

Germany
    i hope so

8. golden

United States
    What were you searching when you came across that?

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
  10. golden

United States
    That's cool. I didn't know. Now it would be even cooler if Acekard team implemented the direct 3in1 support to their official firmware don't you think? Like Cyclo?

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    they might, it would be helpful to those users. However, im not a 3in1 user myself.

What i do hope for is to be able to add a shortcut underneath Slot2 card, like moonshell or 2in1 tool.

12. golden

United States
    I am not a 3in1 user either and probably won't be but more features never hurt right? In fact, it will make the acekard seem better if it also has 3in1 support like cyclo. Cyclo is by far the best flash cart. SOFTWARE WISE but it is possible to take some of those exclusive stuff and port it to acekard if coders wanted to.

13. vdv-fox
    OP

Newcomer vdv-fox Member

Germany

(Offtopic on)
    jo thing evo is the best card?? why?? becase i thing it`s rpg. so what is better by cyclo??(I need a second flashcard?
    (Offtopic off)

14. golden

United States
    Most people will probably say Cyclo is for the wealth of features. If you are a coder then RPG is the best hands down but to the average pirate then it will probably be Cyclo. Just don't buy any now as you will most likely get a defective one. They are horribly made and you will most likely need to ship back to them and get a replacement. Can take more than 2 months! Just wait for the black Cyclos and see if their production quality increased.

15. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Note: rudolphs version is only a replacement for the akmenu4.nds file. I installed it with all the other bits of 4.02 and got nothing. I saw no changes from acekards 4.02.

16. golden

United States
    Does the linked firmware in the first post work effectively? Have you tried it? Can you also put up a pic or two if it is not too much to ask so I can see how the thing works for when I get my RPG in the mail?

17. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Haven't tried it. I only tried Rudolphs modified nds file. But now that we have soft-reset, I won't give it up for native 3in1 support.

Edit: Just tried firmware linked on first post. It works. Really straightforward. Imagine having the rumble/ram screen from rudolphs tool in the start menu of rpg. Just like in Rudolph's Tool you need to activate these options EVERY time before loading a rom that uses them. GBA games load directly from the rpg os menu. It would be good to see this incorporated in acekards next update. Maybe the rumble setting could be saved so you don't have to turn it on every time.

18. golden

United States
    Cool, so I will use it once I get my RPG! The Topic Creator Emailed the acekard team with the firmware. I don't know if they contacted him but yes it would be nice to see it in the next acekard update.

19. generalguy

Newcomer generalguy Newbie

United States
    What was changed in comparison to the official sources? Do you have diffs? I'm interested in getting an rpg over my ezflashV.

20. golden

United States
    OK, well, about that last part, if anyone buys an EZflashV when they are considering an acekard RPG, that is pretty sad IMO. If the price is setting you back then you have a point but if you seriously think the EZFlashV is better then there is absolutely nothing as far as I know that the EZflashV can do that the Acekard can't do better.