OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
5-50gen_0090005200328511.png

The Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-D is now finished and released. Note that this Custom Firmware
is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 V1 and V2 only.The 5.03HEN-A will be updated soon with the same possibilities.

All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
480x272 AVC Videos ere supported
Source
Download
Getting a: Game could not be started (80020321) error? Do this:
Turn off you PSP, turn it on while holding the R button down, this will put you into the recovery settings . Turn the VSH on, exit it. Press select on the PSP menu, change the driver to M33 or Sony. Reboot, games should now work.
Credit to deanxxczx.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on firmware 5.50GEN B..do I have to upgrade to anything before I install this? I was reading something about having to upgrade to 5.50GEN B-2 before I upgrade to the newest firmware, if I have to do that..where do I get B2 from? Thanks

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Search for GEN-B2 on Google. You'll find it.

I have it installed, it didn't brick me but I turned my battery into a Pandora just in case. ^^ Not used it for long enough yet.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I installed 5.50GEN D but now i cant play any of my games, not the newer ones and not the ones that I had in the PSP before that did work..I get the message "This game could not be started 80020321"

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok I installed 5.50GEN D but now i cant play any of my games, not the newer ones and not the ones that I had in the PSP before that did work..I get the message "This game could not be started 80020321"

maybe because they were patched? try a clean iso, also check the recovery settings are not reset

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I went into the recovery settings and changed it to m33 driver..now it works fine..but now before each game, I get this little message saying that the drivers are enabled..is that Ok or is there a way to change that so I dont see it before the game starts

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i updated to gen-D

djricekcn said:
i'm getting game could not be started on UMD games on any of the settings.

thats odd, my GTA:VCS autobooted fine by default for me...

oh, and the backlight was retarded on gen-C for me, it always switched brightnesses when you switched between xmb and a game, rather annoying when i wanted it at lowest setting... thats fixed for me in -D

my isos work fine, ive tried fieldrunners and gran turismo so far, i eboot patched it, so that may or may not mean anything...

id recommend everyone on -C to upgrade to -D, if you dont have a pandora it may be best to stick with -B2 at the moment though.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The only major bug I have heard of is that Wifi connections in homebrew don't work if you use WPA encryption. Other than that, the only other issues I have heard of are the usual ones (no ms speedup unless you use fatmsmod, no 1.5 compatability (LEDA didn't work on B2, not sure about D), and it's a new fimware so probably best to wait until the first update/service pack).

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's really weird, I can't boot UMD games only but the UMD drive isn't dead. I went back to B2 just to test and it was fine, then D again, same thing. I got no plugins either or custom anything.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
CAN GEN D WORK ON PSP 3K PLZZZZZZZZ?

lol. Has anyone noticed the msg when you start up an unpatched game?
It says something about 5.55 and 6.XX games and a link to there website.
GEN D works perfectly for me, so did GEN C.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine to me without any problem but one thing I found a bug:

When you start Megaman 8.. After Capcom then fmv show up and it just skip to the title screen right away but ingame works okay... Bug ? It should be because it was fine on 5.00 M33-6 but GEN-D (FULL) the fmv just skip.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
luke-c what should i do now i put on my psp and i press enter they said
Flash Install CFW 5.50 Gen-D
Flash Install OFW 5.50

Flash Install Any sony OFW

Install Xgen pandora

Shut Down

reboot device