Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off I wanted to thank you for all of this help. Not only did you give us a step by step tutorial for everything, you basically spoon fed us templates to boot! Awesome!

I did want to say I was having a bit of issue in the printing phase. I follow everything to a T but I find that the front/back of the cards is missmatched on the second page. What I am trying to print is the 5 BOTW cards and one extra (doesn't really matter which but in this case it is fierce deity link. Everything within scribus looks golden. I expeort and it still looks fine. I got to print 6 prints per page, the first printed page looks great, the second printed page has the 30th anniversary back on BOTW zelda front and a BOTW back on the fierce deity front.

The quick and dirty fix I had was to just do five total and do them based on groups, but that is a wasted space. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I am paying about $1 a page for cardstock and will likely print some off for my neice and some friends. Long story short, I'd like to be as efficient as possible with this.

So, figured it out. Just need to print as vertical. :)

Love it. thank you so much! I would second that background images would be nice, if you have them. Would love to edit in my own pictures. :)

Sorry about that, I just edited the guide to make it a little more clear that you need to set the page order to vertical.

@Random11 Did you use a specific font to write the name of the cards i.e. Rider Link?

I downloaded a Hylia serif font from here. I did have to play with some of the letter spacing to make it match the box art though.

Last edited by Random11,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, is there a glimmer of hope you can share the 30th anniversary bg please?

I currently have no plans to post my photoshop file or background images, or to create specific requests for certain cards. Unless I would personally want the requested card. I hope everyone will understand.

Reactions: lordofthereef

RehabOholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the proper way to save the images? I would like to try and make these cards, but don't know if I just drag and drop, or ? Thanks For the great share. I wish there was a service that would let you order custom cards that you could just order the cut and add the NFC's yourself.

Whats the best paper to use if using an inkjet printer?

Last edited by RehabOholic,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the proper way to save the images? I would like to try and make these cards, but don't know if I just drag and drop, or ? Thanks For the great share. I wish there was a service that would let you order custom cards that you could just order the cut and add the NFC's yourself.

Whats the best paper to use if using an inkjet printer?

To save the files individually right click on thumbnail... choose "Save Link As"...

If you want to print them at home I would use some sort of card stock, I used "12 PT Glossy Card Stock". For a guide on how to get the images ready to print see this post

or if you are only printing my cards you can use this pdf I already made. I talk about how to use the pdf in this post. (if you are on desktop you will have to scroll down, the post above it has some big images that push it down the page as they load.)

If you want somewhere to print them for you... another user had some success with an online store that makes playing cards see this post

Last edited by Random11,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I wanted to thank you for all of this help. Not only did you give us a step by step tutorial for everything, you basically spoon fed us templates to boot! Awesome!

I did want to say I was having a bit of issue in the printing phase. I follow everything to a T but I find that the front/back of the cards is missmatched on the second page. What I am trying to print is the 5 BOTW cards and one extra (doesn't really matter which but in this case it is fierce deity link. Everything within scribus looks golden. I expeort and it still looks fine. I got to print 6 prints per page, the first printed page looks great, the second printed page has the 30th anniversary back on BOTW zelda front and a BOTW back on the fierce deity front.

The quick and dirty fix I had was to just do five total and do them based on groups, but that is a wasted space. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I am paying about $1 a page for cardstock and will likely print some off for my neice and some friends. Long story short, I'd like to be as efficient as possible with this.

So, figured it out. Just need to print as vertical. :)

Love it. thank you so much! I would second that background images would be nice, if you have them. Would love to edit in my own pictures. :)

I will shoot you a message. To keep in line with forum rules I will give you my nuumber and we can text, if you are cool with that.

EDIT: it says that you limit who can view your profile. I do not have the option to PM
Sorry, try now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Got my Cards yesterday and flashed them with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and TagMo 2.3.2
http://imgur.com/a/BdFxB
They are quite nice IMHO and work with the Switch and the WiiU - Big Thanks @Random11 for the Card-Covers and Backsides :yayswitch:
They look AWESOME!

What tags you buyed? I only find the small ones, i want to get cards just like yours.

You did all by yourself or you paid for the job?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could Your make a twilight Princess link 30th aniversary addition would be helpful

I originally didn't because I personally don't have it, as far as I can tell no one has uploaded it anywhere and I didn't really care to even look because the rewards are the same as ssb link... also I'm just going to have to go back and change them anyway when the official amiibo are announced... but w.e there you go... see op

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I originally didn't because I personally don't have it, as far as I can tell no one has uploaded it anywhere and I didn't really care to even look because the rewards are the same as ssb link... also I'm just going to have to go back and change them anyway when the official amiibo are announced... but w.e there you go... see op

If you were to to scan it in smash bros. will it work? Is it just a copy paste of the data?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had another scribus question, if I may. How do I edit an actual template? Of course I can make a new one, but is it possible to just edit the 6 card template to be something like a 52 card template (so that I may print out the entire smash series in one shot, as an example)

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
There must have been 10 different sellers on ebay today selling nfc cards, plain and designed. All then tooken off. Still some on US site

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were to to scan it in smash bros. will it work? Is it just a copy paste of the data?
I don't think it's a direct copy paste. I think it's similar to SSB toon link and windwaker link from the 30th anniversary set. In BotW, they are effectively the same amiibo in terms of rewards.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It should work in smash... rider link and archer link should also work in smash... its how the amiibo were made. Just like if you scan a super mario mario in smash, it works the same as if you scanned a smash mario. Each amiibo have a base character, so it would have link as the base, and then it would have a variant marker. Games that only know about the base character will see that, and games that know about the variant marker will see that...

That all being said.... the difference between twilight link and smash link, as of now is just the name. And like I said, I dont have it so cant test it.

I had another scribus question, if I may. How do I edit an actual template? Of course I can make a new one, but is it possible to just edit the 6 card template to be something like a 52 card template (so that I may print out the entire smash series in one shot, as an example)

Since you already have 12 pages in the template and you wanted 52 cards (104 pages) you would need to add 92 pages. Create a new document from the original template. Then select page 1 go to "Page>Copy..." and under "Number of Copies" enter 92. If you wanted the backs all rotated you would have to go through every even page (of the new pages you just made) and flip it horizontally and vertically, like I described in the guide. Then go to "File>Save as Template..." and save it as a new template. That's how I would do it anyway.

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work in smash... rider link and archer link should also work in smash... its how the amiibo were made. Just like if you scan a super mario mario in smash, it works the same as if you scanned a smash mario. Each amiibo have a base character, so it would have link as the base, and then it would have a variant marker. Games that only know about the base character will see that, and games that know about the variant marker will see that...

That all being said.... the difference between twilight link and smash link, as of now is just the name. And like I said, I dont have it so cant test it.

Since you already have 12 pages in the template and you wanted 52 cards (104 pages) you would need to add 92 pages. Create a new document from the original template. Then select page 1 go to "Page>Copy..." and under "Number of Copies" enter 92. If you wanted the backs all rotated you would have to go through every even page (of the new pages you just made) and flip it horizontally and vertically, like I described in the guide. Then go to "File>Save as Template..." and save it as a new template. That's how I would do it anyway.
Thank you!

sauce8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot this will help me with my collection of amino cards so that they all look similar but thanks again.

sauce8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you can have a great collection of amino cards... thats what its all about :rofl2: (not being mean just thought the typo was funny)
Hey sorry for making multiple requests but i was wondering if you wouldn't mind also marking a zelda,sheik and ganondorf 30th anniversary version thanks again. Also they don't have to be from any game in particular

Last edited by sauce8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging