1. Apexi11

Apexi11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea I'm gonna try that tomorrow. Was pissed so I left. Lol

2. Random11

OP Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The guy I talked to said the same thing. I just told him I made the images. And that obviously the characters were from Nintendo but they were made from publicly available art. He then didn't give me any issues.

Last edited by Random11, Apr 6, 2017
  3. kidasquid

kidasquid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Could you do Tetra and landscape Guardian?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

@Random11 very nice work based on the amiibo box art. For consistency sake, can you add the smash bros (text) logo for the smash amiibos please?

5. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Do you have the template you used for printing it?

6. JFlare

JFlare GBAtemp Regular

United States
    would these work for a wii u? I don't have a switch :v

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The tags will work on 3ds/wiiu/switch. These cards are specially for botw so it will work on both wii u and switch

8. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Australia
    i simply did a copy/paste on OP's images that he posted on the first page. Just right-click on your preferred image. The format will then be ".png" .

OP mentioned that those exact files are "lossless" so no need to worry about losing quality. It will all depend on the ink, printer settings, and paper used.

Mine is simply a "photo" with a glossy finish since i printed it on a Kodak machine. I then cut it to be the same size as a standard Pokémon card in order for it to fit the card sleeves.

9. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

How many cards did you get on a sheet?

10. owek1

Australia
    Actually the machine's software is a bit confusing so i chose the "Brag Book". It was supposed to be a 6X4 it says there but it came out as one image per page (20 pages) and they were binded together (stapled and glued).

Luckily the images in each page were in "portrait" position so i just cut them out with scissors. I printed the front and back images separately.

The only option i got there was to choose 20 images with a fixed price of $5AUD which isnt bad considering how expensive a brand new ink will cost me.

The final print was actually a bit big so i just used a Pokémon card as a guide to reduce its size.

I also invested in a card/paper cutter beforehand and did the cutting myself when i got home.

Here's a photo of the "brag book" below after I destroyed it.

IMG_0291.JPG

the next photo shows how it was supposed to look like. Just imagine the background is white ( the image on the first page is intentionally printed to the whole photo paper as a cover page for the "brag book"). Unfortunately i was not able to take a photo of it before i murdered the thing :D so just imagine that Super Smash image is in the middle with a white background. Just to give you an idea how the final print looked like.

IMG_0294.JPG

just a close-up of the custom cards:

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

Last edited by owek1, Mar 24, 2017
    Bastardo and ganons like this.
  11. Random11

OP Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I see people are having trouble printing the images at the proper size. Here is the pdf I used to print my cards:
    https://mega.nz/#F!HYZChToK!u-5hftIk2JVwP9Oc3ge28Q

Edit: due to people selling these, I have taken down the pdf. You will now have to make your own. Here is a guide

make sure to print it where it doesn't scale the images. You can click on Multiple and set it to print 6 pages on a single sheet of paper. In that case each page is 1 card face. If you try and print more then 6 pages(cards) per sheet on a letter sized paper it will start scaling the cards. You could potentially use a bigger paper and get more cards but the PDF print settings dont give any way to tell at which point the pages are going to get scaled to fit on the page. From experience I know up to 6 cards can fit on 1 letter sized page without getting scaled, other paper sizes you will just have to test yourself.

Also if you want only specific cards open the pdf in an editor and delete the pages you dont want. Or just instead of printing "All" under the "Pages to Print" change it to specify the specific page numbers. If you only wanted to print the first 2 cards (link and zelda) only print pages 1-4. The cards are set up so that whatever page has the card you want the corresponding card back is the next page. All the backs are rotated 180 degrees because I found it easier for how I tape the two halves together.

Print Settings.png

Last edited by Random11, Apr 30, 2017
    nexusmtz likes this.
  12. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Any good? Dont see any point of having what no. amiibo it is

Attached Files:

13. supermankb

supermankb Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I bought Avery 28877 Clean Edge Business Card paper and put my NFC Stickers on back and they work great. I used the templet on the Avery website and print 10 cards at a time. Look great and sturdy. I keep them all in a Business card holder for easy access.

14. marduk666

marduk666 THE INFINITE NOOB

United States
    So I couldn't Help but notice that you made two cards for the unreleased MM and SS 30th Aniversary cards, I know that they are dumped, has anyone used these in BOTW and does anyone know what they drop/outfits contained?

Not Trying to Hijack Your Thread, just thought it would be a good starting place.

15. owek1

Australia
    i heard the Fierce Diety set is dropped by MM spoofed amiibo and SS will have the Sky outfit and the sword..havent personally tried them since my blank tags are taking centuries to arrive but that has been shown several times on youtube videos and on comment sections people say its from those unreleased amiibos..

16. marduk666

marduk666 THE INFINITE NOOB

United States
    Thanks owek1 that's what I was thinking, but I hadn't seen anything definitive. Didn't know if it was model save files apparently there's info for a 3rd character too. I guess the best way to find out is to try them myself

owek1 likes this.
  17. sekazi

sekazi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I like your design but they do not work out in the format I am going to be using. I was wondering where you got the background images? I am trying to find background images of each set but no luck without them being fully covered in text or images. I am printing to a business card which seems to be a format nobody here is using and then laminating the card. I started working on my cards but without a background image they seem so boring. Here is what they currently look like http://imgur.com/a/TYPGO

TerryG likes this.
  18. Random11

OP Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I will be uploading my credit card sized images soon (when I can get around to it). Although it looks like your business card size is still not really going to fit the credit card size. As for where I got the background images: I made them myself.

just putting this here linking in op
    botw card bokoblin v3.png botw card archer v3.png botw card rider v3.png botw card zelda v3.png botw card guardian v3.png

except this one... if you found this one, its only going to be linked here ;)
    30th anniversary card tetra v2.png

Last edited by Random11, May 4, 2017
  19. oliviaolivia

oliviaolivia Newbie
    Newcomer

Senegal
    I know it will be a stupid question...

hmmmm, so could anyone tell me what the size/dimension of the Amiibo Cards? (
    is it the same dimension as Pokemon or Magiccard)
    as i would like to customize the design for my boyfriend, but i have zero knowledge about it...

20. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Was thinking of laminating also but wouldn't that damage the NFC stickers?

@Random11 please can you share your backgrounds?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Custom, Amiibo, Cards