Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey sorry for making multiple requests but i was wondering if you wouldn't mind also marking a zelda,sheik and ganondorf 30th anniversary version thanks again. Also they don't have to be from any game in particular

I am really just interested in making cards based off of official amiibo package art right now sorry.

Last edited by Random11,

sauce8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry for making multiple requests but i was wondering if you wouldn't mind also marking a zelda,sheik and ganondorf 30th anniversary version thanks again
From no game in particular
I am really just interested in making cards based off of official amiibo package art right now sorry.
thats ok might you be interested of doing some other stuff in the future

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 was curious how I could use your art but have them come out to be 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall after being cut out. I like the registration marks and the bleed but want them to be the size of a MTG card

appreciate your hard work on these, they are really awesome and have already made a few from the files you provided for my brothers birthday!

thanks!

sekazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was browsing Etsy earlier and saw these cards on there and the guy claiming they made them in Photoshop. Asking $90 is ridiculous for 7 $1 cards. Doubt there is much you can do though.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Random11 was curious how I could use your art but have them come out to be 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall after being cut out. I like the registration marks and the bleed but want them to be the size of a MTG card

appreciate your hard work on these, they are really awesome and have already made a few from the files you provided for my brothers birthday!

thanks!

The red outline represents a 2.5 x 3.5 inch outline

temp.png

So you can either just eyeball it and cut the cards out leaving a little bit extra space on the edges, or I can give you a transparent png with just the new crop lines and you would need to overlay on top of all the images. It should be fairly easy (but could be tedious) to do in Gimp, or any other photshop like tool that supports layers. Just insert the file attached (temp2.png) onto a new layer and save the result.

Edit: There is another way that I just thought of:
Change the image size to have a height of 1172 pixels and keep the proportions constrained. The width will come out to 870 or 869 pixels depending on rounding. This will make the card be 2.5" by 3.5" when you cut along the crop lines.
This will enlarge the image a little bit. It might affect the image quality but I think because its such a little amount you probably wouldn't notice.

Attachments

• temp2.png
    temp2.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by Random11,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was browsing Etsy earlier and saw these cards on there and the guy claiming they made them in Photoshop. Asking $90 is ridiculous for 7 $1 cards. Doubt there is much you can do though.
nvm I found them... -_-. Im going to report all of them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

man... now im peeved... greedy arses want to take my work and make money off of it. Now my night is basically done.... I dont think I'll be posting for a while

Last edited by Random11,

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!!! I have photoshop so shouldn't be to bad! If you don't mind explaining in a nutshell, what do you use/do for your little registration tick marks? I'd like to try and make my own art but really like your method for lining up the front/back and using the tick marks to cut the card out!

Appreciate your patients, especially with all the new users questions and such!

Last edited by Golgo13,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks!!! I have photoshop so shouldn't be to bad! If you don't mind explaining in a nutshell, what do you use/do for your little registration tick marks? I'd like to try and make my own art but really like your method for lining up the front/back and using the tick marks to cut the card out!

Appreciate your patients, especially with all the new users questions and such!

The tick marks are just a rectantangle with 2 pixels of white, two pixels of black and then another two pixels of white. And in photoshop you can use the ruler and guide lines to easily align them to where you want.

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tick marks are just a rectantangle with 2 pixels of white, two pixels of black and then another two pixels of white. And in photoshop you can use the ruler and guide lines to easily align them to where you want.

One other question, what's the benefit of using InDesign over photoshop? Just curious!

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One other question, what's the benefit of using InDesign over photoshop? Just curious!
Two programs for two different use cases. Photoshop was designed for editing photos, InDesign was designed for making page layouts. An equivalent comparison would be word and excel. Why use word when you can use excel? Technically excel can be used like word, you can type stuff into it and use it to write an essay. It also has spellcheck. But it wasn't really designed to be a word processor.

risingmo0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Random11, I stumbled across this thread while trying to find artwork to remake the Amiibo art with for my Amiibo display wall. Are you willing to part with those templates you made for BOTW and the 30th Anniversary including Wolf Link?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Random11, I stumbled across this thread while trying to find artwork to remake the Amiibo art with for my Amiibo display wall. Are you willing to part with those templates you made for BOTW and the 30th Anniversary including Wolf Link?

No sorry. Especially not now that I see people selling these. I hope you understand.

Golgo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 I understand you dont want to share your bg art for your custom cards! Did you make the 30th pattern? Im having a hard time finding anything online.... Any references would be great!

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Random11 I understand you dont want to share your bg art for your custom cards! Did you make the 30th pattern? Im having a hard time finding anything online.... Any references would be great!
The triforce pattern and the "swoosh" were made from scratch. I thought that was the easiest part to making the 30th anniversary cards my self. I think finding good quality images of the maps used in the bottom half was the hardest part. Although no one else seems to get the patterns right so maybe it is harder then I think. But ya, didn't find the pattern anywhere, just looked at the box art and recreated it the best I could.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end