Hacking Curious..

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that native homebrew can be r on the wii using no modification, will it be possible to make a WiiOS like GCOS, and will it be possible to make a GCOS that will run in the homebrew channel and make gamecube homebrew run from the homebrew channel?

also, is it possible to dump gamecube saves from a GC mem card the wii front SD?

ty

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamecube games and homebrew are run in gamecube mode. I doubt we'll see an on-the-fly converter, that is also NOT what gcos does. GCOS was a way to boot other discs like homebrew, the wii homebrew channel already lets you run things.

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, i meant the feature in GCOS that allowed you to run copied games on an unmodded GC. can that be made? lol

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
What we need is a Wii ISO loader using the USB Mass Storage source coding, after expanding it to support EXT2/3 (Not allowing NTFS would keep most of the idiots out, right?)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Use Freeloader
Just checking, but do you happen to mean the Freeloader Nintendo blocked in a Wii update?
tongue.gif

QUOTEWhat we need is a Wii ISO loader using the USB Mass Storage source coding, after expanding it to support EXT2/3 (Not allowing NTFS would keep most of the idiots out, right?)
Now you're just inferring Windows users are idiots. Funnily enough, I'd say quite the contrary. Unless of course there is third-party support for ext 2/3 on Windows. Then it's okay.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
There is Ext2 support for Windows, you can find it somewhere on the net.
I was not saying Windows users are idiots, just that the idiots use Windows(But not all windows users are idiots!)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There is Ext2 support for Windows, you can find it somewhere on the net.
I was not saying Windows users are idiots, just that the idiots use Windows(But not all windows users are idiots!)

Aha, that's okay then.
laugh.gif

Any major differences between Ext2/3 and NTFS?
And yeah, I guess that's fair enough, you wouldn't get someone stupid running Linux to be fair.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Ext2/3 (Open Source) is much easier to support than NTFS (Closed Source). Also Ext3 is a major improvement and also backwards compatibile, over Ext2

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Any major differences between Ext2/3 and NTFS?
And yeah, I guess that's fair enough, you wouldn't get someone stupid running Linux to be fair.

ext3 is Journalled by default
ext3 supports very large numbers of directories
ext3 doesn't degrade as quickly as NTFS (fragmentation)

Oh, and apart from being completely different from NTFS, there aren't major differences, no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.