Curious about 3DS copypasta photo

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Talic, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talic
    OP

Talic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2010
    United States
    This topic may not belong here, however; I can't think of any board more knowledgeable on the following subject:

This 4chan copypasta photo had recently been showing up on /v/. It talks about a "test cartridge" that Nintendo uses in it's 3DS hardware repair, but is assumed by the photo creator to be a "devkit" of sorts for "hacking."

I'd only take anything from 4chan with a grain of salt, so I ask, is there a such thing? Does a "Dev-Card" (if you will) used by Nintendo & it's technicians exist? What would it allow them to do with a 3DS when being used? If this isn't a devcard, then what could it be?

Surely some kid didn't just ignorantly hand back over the key to the 3DS & all it's true potential. I can't believe something like that would exist.

1174665_10201474682043779_15086008_n.jpg

2. Talic
    OP

Talic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2010
    United States
    You might have to save that photo & zoom-in to read the text. My apologies.

3. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
  4. Talic
    OP

Talic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2010
    United States
  5. Amber Lamps

Amber Lamps Banned

Banned
    Feb 24, 2010
    United States
    Oakland, CA
    don't believe anything some 15yr old posts on 4chan. imo move away from that dead beat forum.

6. Talic
    OP

Talic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2010
    United States
    Well to be honest, that photo had already found it's way onto Facebook in some sort-of cesspool trickle-down.

As I said earlier, I take everything from there with a grain of salt. I only occasionally lurk & read what's new because of how fast-paced info gets posted on there. If something were to happen in the video game world, you can imagine it'd be on /v/ in a heartbeat, before an journalist could cover it. Although that is with all of the boards nasty downfalls.

7. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Closed at OPs request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.