Cube World now in open alpha!

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Cube World, The Voxel-based RPG that a lot of people have been waiting for is now in open alpha! It costs $20 (Or 15 EUR) to get in. Just like minecraft the price will go up at the release of the finished game; the Alpha currently supports 4 player co-op servers, so it's a start at least. The game features action based combat, item crafting and several other features. Basically think minecraft but with better combat and character customization and progression.

For more info take a look here: https://picroma.com/cubeworld

Personally I couldn't get on the site, it said that user registration was disabled for server maintenance, but hopefully it will be back up later today.[/LEFT]

Source: https://picroma.com/

UPDATE: So the guys behind the game have decided to take user registrations down for a day or two meaning that it's gonna be a bit longer before you can get it
" Wolfram von Funck ‏@wol_lay 7h
User registrations are currently like a DDoS attack so they're temporarily disabled. Should get better in the next days."

So, i guess we better hope someone doesn't Mine-Craft-ing them some server upgrades.
(Ok yeah im bad at this pun thing)

Update #2: Registration servers are back up, seems like someone didn't Minecraft-ing them some server improvements, how long for i don't know so jump on it quick!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, another Minecraft clone? I don't want minecraftlike to become a genre like rogue.
Minecraft was supposed to be a roguelike. Notch never got to make it into one, once the incomplete game took off in popularity. It was easier to milk the sensation than to create the intended product.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean Voxel based?
cause hey don't go judging voxel based without seeing what its like first,
I've played voxel games before. I contributed to the Humble Voxatron Debut and sometimes still find myself playing that game.

This is a voxel-based Action RPG. That's clear-cut MineCraft of late. (The old minecraft, the one I loved to play, was more about the building and the scavenging than the action RPG elements.)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yay, another Minecraft clone? I don't want minecraftlike to become a genre like roguelike.
Are you retarded? You don't even build or destroy terrain in Cube World. It has procedurally generated terrain, but the game isn't focused around building on it and destroying it like Minecraft is.

Cube World is more focused on the RPG elements and exploration.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This actually looks pretty good. I can imagine it being pretty hectic on future PVP servers, like minecraft faction servers. Hope that add more ways of fighting. Dodging looks a bit broken atm. If they can make this a perfect Terraria/Minecraft mixture, count me in.

Also it looks like the world can be destroyed really easily...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never understood why anyone would pay to play a game that's in the alpha stage.
Because those games tend to be very playable, cheaper than the release version and you can play it earlier. It's also fun (at least for me) to see the game you like to play getting regular updates and seeing new stuff appear. That said I didn't buy Cube World, but I may consider it if my craptop can properly run it. Okay, it's not that bad, but yeah... Intel HD.

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because those games tend to be very playable, cheaper than the release version and you can play it earlier. It's also fun (at least for me) to see the game you like to play getting regular updates and seeing new stuff appear. That said I didn't buy Cube World, but I may consider it if my craptop can properly run it. Okay, it's not that bad, but yeah... Intel HD.

there's a tech demo that's a test to see if you can run cube world

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada

Doesn't everything get wiped once it goes to full release though?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great. Another game that looks very similar to minecraft and probably plays similarly, minus the building part.
Now I have nothing against voxel-based games. I do have something against voxel-based games which replicate the look and feel of minecraft while having similar gameplay though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: