ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is my first time trying this and I'm getting this. After my first attempt, I've tried rebooting for 2nd or 3rd time but still crashes after the green screen.
If you already did the example(guide) below and still doesn't work, then... you'll just have to wait for the next big update of CTRPF AR;

1.)Download Luma Plugin Loader and CTRPF AR. It's HERE if you don't know where to find it.
2.) Extract the files that you just downloaded.
3.)Make sure you already installed the latest Boot9strap and Luma CFW. And have a firmware of 11.4 or higher.
4.)Replace the boot.firm from the root of your SD Card with the Luma Plugin Loader's boot.firm
5.)Rename your CTRPF plugin(make sure it's one of the latest CTRPF Build) into plugin.plg
6.)Place your plugin.plg on SD/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/plugin.plg
7.)Make sure your using only 1 plugin! And Delete the CTRPFdata.bin if it exists.
8.) You don't have to run BOOT NTR.
9.) Reboot your 3DS then run the game.
10.) Oh, yea and this.
11.) If you have it working and your using the CTRPF AR, You can go HERE to add some cheats for your Game.

NOTE: For sure that This Guide is different for the next big update of CTRPF AR.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CTRPF AR? meaning i need to search for cheats for said game like Monster Hunter Gen and make a cheats.txt?
Yes, There's this site Fort42 where you can find and download the cheats of the said game but that site is down at the moment...
But you can get some cheats HERE

Last edited by Vermil,
Reactions: chirramy0

Limp-Bones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so far.. the only thing working for me is the Pokemon USUM.. the other games that I add crashes.. gives me the dump screen thing..

chirramy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already did the example(guide) below and still doesn't work, then... you'll just have to wait for the next big update of CTRPF AR;

1.)Download Luma Plugin Loader and CTRPF AR.
2.)Make sure you already installed the latest Boot9strap and Luma CFW.
3.)Replace the boot.firm from the root of your SD Card with the Luma Plugin Loader's boot.firm
4.)Rename your USUM plugin(make sure it's one of the latest CTRPF Build) into plugin.plg
5.)Place your plugin.plg on SD/luma/plugins/<Title ID of the game folder>/plugin.plg
6.) You don't have to run BOOT NTR.
7.) Reboot your 2DS then run the game.

Yes, There's this site Fort42 where you can find and download the cheats of the said game but that site is down at the moment...

Hey first off thank you so much for the reply and help. After I download CTPRF AR, do I have to do anything with it? Because I have done all the steps that you mentioned and it gives me the error. I haven't touched CTRPF AR cause I didn't know what it was. Maybe I have to wait for the next update.

Vermil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey first off thank you so much for the reply and help. After I download CTPRF AR, do I have to do anything with it? Because I have done all the steps that you mentioned and it gives me the error. I haven't touched CTRPF AR cause I didn't know what it was. Maybe I have to wait for the next update.
CTRPF AR is useful because it can load cheats from a text file
Here is the link for CTRPF AR cheat codes https://gbatemp.net/threads/database-ctrpf-ar-cheat-codes.493220/
It's still new so there's only few cheats at the moment.;)

Last edited by Vermil,

Limp-Bones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Sample one is Monster hunter Generations 0004000000187000

Here's what my folder looks like:

File_zpsswujuoly.png

Vermil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do gateshark codes work with this? I thought it was only AR codes?
Yes it works with Gateshark, I don't know about AR3DS if it works too though...:unsure:

A Sample one is Monster hunter Generations 0004000000187000

Here's what my folder looks like:

File_zpsswujuoly.png
Your using 2 plugins, try deleting the CTRPluginFramework.plg

Wait, hold on, as your picture says: your plugin.plg is old, can you download the CTRPF AR again and rename it to plugin.plg and place it there?

Limp-Bones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried with only the plugin file and cheats.txt after the green screen its stuck at black. I noticed that in Pokemon usum folder (the only one that works) it created a .bin file

There should be an installation guide so that newbies like myself don't create numerous posts like what I'm doing...

Vermil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ok i tried with only the plugin file and cheats.txt after the green screen its stuck at black. I noticed that in Pokemon usum folder (the only one that works) it created a .bin file

There should be an installation guide so that newbies like myself don't create numerous posts like what I'm doing...
I see that your using the wrong plugin, sorry...

Ok, to be clear;
1.)Delete any .plg files inside that folder.
2.) Delete the CTRPFdata.bin
3.)Download the CTRPF AR.
4.)Rename The Plugin into plugin.plg
5.)place the plugin.plg inside the same directory where your plugin was before.(luma/plugins/title ID/plugin.plg)

Last edited by Vermil,
Reactions: Limp-Bones

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys ! :)
Here's my little Chrismas Gift for you !

Let's start with CTRPF with Action Replay support !
So you'll be able to load codes from text files (that can be find on Fort42 or even on this forum).
The file can be at 2 locations:
  • cheats.txt placed in the same folder of the plugin (like /plugin/<tid>/cheats.txt)
  • If the cheats.txt file is not found, then the plugin search for a <tid>.txt file in sd:/cheats folder (like sd:/cheats/<TID>.txt)
No editor for now but it's planned, however it should be compatible with all working Gateshark codes.
Here's a list of all the code types support by this Action Replay (all Gateshark and more !).

It supports folders and note generated with NTR Plugin Manager. ;)

Note that this version can break the compatibility with others plugins, it's still highly in dev and crashs should be expected.
Backup your saves before using it !!! There's many tools for that.

Big thanks to @AnalogMan, @Anto726, @Mega-Mew, @Scotline and @Vermil for the beta testing, they were a big help as I don't have much time to test things (and found some huge bugs). :)

My second gift for you is my POC of a plugin loader within Luma3DS 9.0.
This version of Luma3DS can loads plugin without the need to use BootNTR.

However, keep in mind that only CTRPF plugins can be launched with it (and they must be recently compiled, old versions might not work) and the path as well as plugin's name is static:
  • sd:/luma/plugins/<tid>/plugin.plg
Must be this exact path or it won't work.
Also, the plugin loader only works on fw equal or higher than 11.4.

Good new, O3DS users can now use CTRPF on Mode3 games with this plugin loader (so you can use ultraSumoFramework on O3DS).

I recommend using this plugin loader as well for the ActionReplay ctrpf. ;)

That's all, Merry Christmas too all of you ! :)
and update you could do to this is disable the homebutton or have it restart the 3ds since it crashes with big plugins like these due to not enough ram for homemenu.

chirramy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work for non-mode3 games for the o3ds such as MK7? I tried putting MK7 cheat plugin the same way I would for USUM. It boots, gets the green screen but is stuck on the 3DS logo. I have to switch to the original boot.firm every time I want to cheat in a non-mode3 game. Is there a way around this?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do gateshark codes work with this? I thought it was only AR codes?
Gateshark uses the Action Replay format so Gateshark codes are supported.

and update you could do to this is disable the homebutton or have it restart the 3ds since it crashes with big plugins like these due to not enough ram for homemenu.
Sadly the patch to do is different according to the game and I don't plan to waste my time on finding all different patchs sorry.
Beside, this bug doesn't occur on all games so I don't know if blocking it for all games is a good idea.
I agree that it's annoying though, and I'm still searching for potentials solutions that would not involve disabling the Home button.

Does this work for non-mode3 games for the o3ds such as MK7? I tried putting MK7 cheat plugin the same way I would for USUM. It boots, gets the green screen but is stuck on the 3DS logo. I have to switch to the original boot.firm every time I want to cheat in a non-mode3 game. Is there a way around this?
It can, but read again the part when I said that this is only working with CTRPF and recently compiled version on top of that.

Here's the archive of all Gateshark's code from Fort42, downloaded last 22 december. Might be of help until the site is back to full functions (if it's ever fixed).

Download

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated