XP
Country
France
Hey guys ! :)

F3CTCW8.png
OUTjgKh.png
fxwBb2E.png
RPBZM6e.png

I do this thread so we can have a general place to talk about it, and also to give you a blank plugin so you can use the tools (search, guide and others) without being annoyed by builtin cheats.
I remind you that you can use 2 plugins (or more, but only 1 ctrpf plugin though) at the same time, and so you can use this blank plugin with another plugin which will have your cheats.
You can change the hotkey in Tools/Settings to avoid any overlapping.

Guide

You can find a guide to use some of the features here (pdf).

Sadly as you can see, the guide is a little outdated because of lack of time.
So, I'm searching for volunteers that would like to update / translate it.
If you're interested, you can find an editable (.docx) version of the guide here. ;)

Action Replay

It's now "official" CTRPF have it's own Action Replay system. It means that it can now load your cheats from a text file (so no more needs for any converter or compilation).
CTRPF supports all Gateshark code types and even add some custom code types to increase the possibilities of the codes.

You can find a list with all the supported codes here: List of all codetype.

CTRPF support Folder and note managing and also have it's own editor.
Which means that you can edit, create and delete the codes at runtime, without the need for anything else.

The cheats files can be at 2 locations:
  • cheats.txt in the same folder of the plugin
  • sd:/cheats/<tid>.txt - Replace <tid> by the title id of the game
To use it, download the ActionReplay.7z attached and put it on your SD card (see the Luma3DS section below to use the ame plugin for all games).

A video to see how to use the editor and create codes:

Gateshark cheats

Gateshark cheats should be supported at 100% by the Action Replay.
Sadly, Fort42 is currently unavailable so here my most recent downloaded archive of all codes: download
Just unzip and copy the cheats folder at the root of your SD card.

Note that I didn't create those cheats, and some cheats might not work.
If a cheat is not working, it just means that the cheat is wrong: no support will be done for cheats not working, I'm not here to fix all cheats, so create another thread (or move to another existing thread), thank you.

You can also find codes here:

Known bug

On N3DS, if the game uses the N3DS's HID (cstick, zl & zr), it won't work.
Easy fix:
  • Open Rosalina
  • Go in the Miscellaneous options menu
  • Start the Input Redirection
  • That's it, go back to your game, it should work now
Projects using CTRPF and could interest you:

A huge thanks to:
  • @AnalogMan: Alpha tester
  • @cell9: NTR CFW and some ideas / code
  • @Anto726 : Alpha tester
  • @Mega-Mew: Alpha tester
  • @ObsidianX: I learned how to untile the sysfont from one of his python tool
  • @PabloMK7: Alpha tester
  • @Project CPP3DS: This is my first c++ project, and reading the sources of CPP3DS gave me a starting point on how to structure my code
  • @RyDog: Alpha tester
  • @Slattz: Alpha tester
  • @Sc0tline: Action Replay tester
  • @Vermil: Action Replay tester
  • Stackoverflow: a lot of code debugging / improvments took from random post here
  • Ctrulib and it's contibuter: for all the work done
  • Probably a lot more as I use Google a lot and read various code, will update when/if I'll remember particular projects/persons

Luma3DS with Plugin Loader

I merged and edited the plugin loader from NTR (which is now open source) into Luma3DS.
The goal was to be able to launch plugins from Luma3DS without the need to use BootNTR Selector.
So, this is possible, but know that only CTRPF plugins can be loaded from this plugin loader.

To use it, download the boot.7z attached and unzip it. Then put it on your sd card (rename any existing boot.firm to boot.firm.bak in case you want to go back).

The plugins can be set at 2 places:
  • sd:/luma/plugins/<tid>/plugin.plg - Name of the plugin must be plugin.plg and you have to replace <tid> by the title id of your game
  • If a plugin isn't found in the tid folder, Luma3DS will search for ActionReplay.plg in sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg
The plugin loader is automatically enabled on Old3DS because Mode3 games needs it.
So on N3DS, you have to enable the plugin loader from Rosalina (L+ DPad Down + Select), and you can disable it too. You can't disable it for Mode3 games though (O3DS only).

The code source can be found here.
No support on the code is intended, I did this mostly for fun, if you want to change anything you're on your own.

Attachments

• ActionReplay.7z
    166.1 KB · Views: 27,656
  • [040418] - Luma3DS Mod - 1182D3A.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 17,871
Last edited by Nanquitas,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
master race

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a quick question, tho.
Can it be used for search cheats, ans apply them in real-time, exactly like the gateway menu does?
I don't have access to my gateway anymore (Sysnand 11.6) and I'm too lazy to set-up en emunand on a new sd card.
I think the answer is yes, but not sure, this is why I ask.

Reactions: Nanquitas

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a quick question, tho.
Can it be used for search cheats, ans apply them in real-time, exactly like the gateway menu does?
Yes, you can search for cheats and apply them directly with it.

Though for now only FreeCheats are available (simple cheats), a full Action Replay (Gateshark) code handler is in the work.
This video show the use of FreeCheats (jump to 1minute):

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, nice!
I wanted search some cheats for Katrielle, but none are available and I need to edit the amounts of tickets, tickets you got with daily puzzles.

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys ! :)

I do this thread so we can have a general place to talk about it, and also to give you a blank plugin so you can use the tools (search, guide and others) without being annoyed by builtin cheats.
I remind you that you can use 2 plugins (or more, but only 1 ctrpf plugin though) at the same time, and so you can use this blank plugin with another plugin which will have your cheats.
You can change the hotkey in Tools/Settings to avoid any overlapping.

Okay, I don't have too much time so I'll update the post later, I post the blank plugin, I think that it's the principal thing. ;)
Yay! So you managed to fix the O3DS bugs i mentioned?

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Im dumb put the plugin in the wrong folder. Nevermind

@Nanquitas
For some reason the default key, which I presume is select unless i'm wrong, is not working for me.

Last edited by MrHaqs,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for providing this. How is it working on O3DS, more specifically games that require mode3?
Sadly it doesnt work with Mode3 as I simply don't have enough memory. CTRPF needs some memory to be usable and I can't maintain 2 versions of the code so Mode3 is a no go. :/
However all regular games should be supported on O3DS. ;)

@Nanquitas
For some reason the default key, which I presume is select unless i'm wrong, is not working for me.
If you have a CTRPFData.bin in your folder delete it, maybe the key is wrong in this file (the key is loaded from that file if it exists).

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to make ntr automatically boot it everytime i boot a game? And not have to put it manually in the right folder
create a home folder and put the plugin inside.
Plugins in a home folder are loaded for every titles

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the home plugin is meant for plugin that must be launched for the home process.

If you want a plugin to be launched for every game, create a game folder inside the plugin folder and put it inside.
This path is only used by NTR 3.6 btw.

However this might be an issue for some features of the plugin that rely on files (such as search and guide).
Indeed, the default path is "/plugin/<titleid>/" for all the files.

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, would have preferred the source but I suppose a blank plugin with the cheat search functionality will satisfy more people's needs than the ones who want to code a plugin using a beautiful frame work :nds:
Anyways nice release Nanquitas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi