ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a little problem. Trying to use the blank plugin's value search/memory editor to make cheats for MH3U and I've found a lot of them already (each of the items in box/pouch, HP, Stamina, Oxygen, etc.), but if I activate more than just 3-4 of them, the game will crash when changing areas or ending quests with an arm11 exception handler. Any way to make it work without issues? I want to have a way to speed through some of the more annoying quests...

that sounds like its a problem with the codes... Try forming a plugin and testing whether or not its cause by ctrpf or just your codes I believe its the codes you enabled.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
that sounds like its a problem with the codes... Try forming a plugin and testing whether or not its cause by ctrpf or just your codes I believe its the codes you enabled.
How can it be the codes themselves when they WORK and when it's the amount used that crashes it, not which ones I turn on? If I only turn one at a time for example they work, even turning them all on and then off, they work, but it crashes if too many are loaded at the times where the current memory is discarded and renewed in-game (changing areas, going between quest and village, etc.).

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can it be the codes themselves when they WORK and when it's the amount used that crashes it, not which ones I turn on? If I only turn one at a time for example they work, even turning them all on and then off, they work, but it crashes if too many are loaded at the times where the current memory is discarded and renewed in-game (changing areas, going between quest and village, etc.).

You need to understand 8bit, 16bit and 32bit codes. You may be writing 32bit over each code and that modifies data next to it what can make the codes unstable I suggest you try writing 8 or 16 instead of 32

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

probably ctrpf using too much memory I dunno, but try writing 8 bit instead of 32 bit

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
@Nanquitas oh sorry if i didnt elaborate my question well. but thats what i mean...
anyway, i just looked for info between powersaves and action replay and it seems its the same.
https://www.amazon.com/Datel-Action-Replay-Power-Saves-Pro/dp/B00IVJ1M7M
but when i searched for codes in google, only fort42 website looks the only good source, unfortunately they offer few codes compared to another website i saw
https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/
which contains more cheats, but they dont show the codes for free.
i tried to download the PC program they provided nd installed it for a chance of accessing their code database.
but it asked me for license, username and password.
so it looks like someone need to buy/own the actual cheat device and register it to have access on the code data base...

if someone here in GBAtemp own a datel actionreplay powersaves 3ds and have access on the PC program, how bout sharing the code database for all games available?

Last edited by noctis90210,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a little problem. Trying to use the blank plugin's value search/memory editor to make cheats for MH3U and I've found a lot of them already (each of the items in box/pouch, HP, Stamina, Oxygen, etc.), but if I activate more than just 3-4 of them, the game will crash when changing areas or ending quests with an arm11 exception handler. Any way to make it work without issues? I want to have a way to speed through some of the more annoying quests...

This is because the address isn't valid anymore when you're in loading zone.
With FreeCheats, you'll have to disable them before entering a loading.
With ActionReplay, you can set a few checks to ensure that the address is valid (check are game specific so it's up to you to create them).

So, this error is not a ctrpf bug, but "normal" issues when creating codes, as code creator you have to find a workaround.

As to why it does that only when more codes are active, the only thing I can tell you is that it's because you're lucky the other times.
Different amount of codes means different timing, that's all.

You can try your codes on the version with AR, the execution time is slower as it's now related to game events (new frame mostly), it might help you but it's not a real fix.

probably ctrpf using too much memory I dunno, but try writing 8 bit instead of 32 bit
This have nothing to do with the issue. The amount of memory used is the same whether you have 0 or 900 codes loaded.

@Nanquitas oh sorry if i didnt elaborate my question well. but thats what i mean...
anyway, i just looked for info between powersaves and action replay and it seems its the same.
but when i searched for codes in google, only fort42 website looks the only good source, unfortunately they offer few codes compared to another website i saw
https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/
which contains more cheats, but they dont show the codes for free.
i tried to download the PC program they provided nd installed it for a chance of accessing their code database.
but it asked me for license, username and password.
so it looks like someone need to buy/own the actual cheat device and register it to have access on the code data base...

if someone here in GBAtemp own a datel actionreplay powersaves 3ds and have access on the PC program, how bout sharing the code database?
I suggest you create another topic to avoid being offtopic, thanks. ;)

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You need to understand 8bit, 16bit and 32bit codes. You may be writing 32bit over each code and that modifies data next to it what can make the codes unstable I suggest you try writing 8 or 16 instead of 32

I know how it works! You really think I just go 32 bit or float right away? When making codes you always are supposed to start with the fewest bits in case values overlap! I only have 2 32bit codes, all the others are either 8 or 16, yet it's the AMOUNT that causes the crash...

With ActionReplay, you can set a few checks to ensure that the address is valid (check are game specific so it's up to you to create them).

So, this error is not a ctrpf bug, but "normal" issues when creating codes, as code creator you have to find a workaround.

As to why it does that only when more codes are active, the only thing I can tell you is that it's because you're lucky the other times.

You can try your codes on the version with AR, the execution time is slower as it's now related to game events (new frame mostly), it might help you but it's not a real fix.

This have nothing to do with the issue. The amount of memory used is the same whether you have 0 or 900 codes loaded.

Ok, thanks for the reply. However, if I only have them one at a time I don't get any crashes. Using the free cheats option btw. I will try with AR ones... Before I do that though, is there any way to have them turn on/off automatically? If not, I'll look in the memory for a workaround I guess.

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

oopsy

I know how it works! You really think I just go 32 bit or float right away? When making codes you always are supposed to start with the fewest bits in case values overlap! I only have 2 32bit codes, all the others are either 8 or 16, yet it's the AMOUNT that causes the crash...

Ok, thanks for the reply. However, if I only have them one at a time I don't get any crashes. Using the free cheats option btw. I will try with AR ones... Before I do that though, is there any way to have them turn on/off automatically? If not, I'll look in the memory for a workaround I guess.

add an activator

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean turning the free cheats automatically on/off ?
No, but that can be done using Action Replay's conditions.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You mean turning the free cheats automatically on/off ?
No, but that can be done using Action Replay's conditions.
Ok, then I'll go with AR codes. Anywhere I can find a guide on those as I've never really done any AR ones? Thanks again for the help.

ParalyticStates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to switch boot.firm, only disabling the plugin loader in rosalina before launching NTR should work.

The plugin loader settings seem to be broken. "Disable plugin loader" opens the debugger menu, and "enable plugin loader" changes the text of the disable option to a duplicate enable option the first time you select it (selecting it a second time gives a green flash and changes the disable option back to the correct text, but this still opens the debugger menu when selected).

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oopsy
add an activator
No big deal, it's not really obvious if you don't know how a heap system works ^^
Ok, then I'll go with AR codes. Anywhere I can find a guide on those as I've never really done any AR ones? Thanks again for the help.
The idea by @NintendoGamer28 about activator code might be a good suggestion for your codes. ;)

Here's all the codetypes that CTRPF can use: link.
I don't know any tuto for Action Replay, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

Note that the principles is the exact same with old Nintendo DS's Action Replay & Gateshark's Action Replay too, so any tuto for one of those platform can be used. ;)

CTRPF also have some custom codes that extend the capabilities of Action Replay. ;)

The plugin loader settings seem to be broken. "Disable plugin loader" opens the debugger menu, and "enable plugin loader" changes the text of the disable option to a duplicate enable option the first time you select it (selecting it a second time gives a green flash and changes the disable option back to the correct text, but this still opens the debugger menu when selected).
Ah weird... I assume you have a O3DS then (I only have a N3DS and it works fine on it) ?

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That kinda messed me up but think of it like this

The menu is asking if you want to disable the plugin that means the plugin is loaded
if the menu is asking if you want to enable the plugin that means the plugin is not loaded

This is not a problem or bug with Luma that's just how it is, it the same for the 3ds speed option N3DS only

No big deal, it's not really obvious if you don't know how a heap system works ^^

The idea by @NintendoGamer28 about activator code might be a good suggestion for your codes. ;)

Here's all the codetypes that CTRPF can use: link.
I don't know any tuto for Action Replay, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

Note that the principles is the exact same with old Nintendo DS's Action Replay & Gateshark's Action Replay too, so any tuto for one of those platform can be used. ;)

CTRPF also have some custom codes that extend the capabilities of Action Replay. ;)

Ah weird... I assume you have a O3DS then (I only have a N3DS and it works fine on it) ?

it happens to me too but it not a bug

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I know why it does that, it's because on O3DS, the N3DS submenu is hidden and it screw the menu indexes that I use.
I forgot that when I added O3DS support, I'll try to do a new version tonight to fix that.

Reactions: Vermil

Sanguinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AR Handler doesn't seem to work with codes that loop. Everything else that I've tested seems to be working fine. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Here's an example from one of the codes I've been trying for Rune Factory 4 that I copied right from Fort42.
[Main field super stats]

C0000000 00000012
1820BDF8 000007FF
1820BDFD 0000FFFC
0820BE00 FFFFFFFF
0820BE04 FFFFFFFF
DC000000 00000010
D2000000 00000000

Is there anything you can see that I need to change, or is this something else?

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The AR Handler doesn't seem to work with codes that loop. Everything else that I've tested seems to be working fine. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Here's an example from one of the codes I've been trying for Rune Factory 4 that I copied right from Fort42.
[Main field super stats]

C0000000 00000012
1820BDF8 000007FF
1820BDFD 0000FFFC
0820BE00 FFFFFFFF
0820BE04 FFFFFFFF
DC000000 00000010
D2000000 00000000

Are you sure this code works? or the right region?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

[Main field super stats]

C0000000 00000012
1820BDF8 000007FF
1820BDFD 0000FFFC
0820BE00 FFFFFFFF
0820BE04 FFFFFFFF
DC000000 00000010
D2000000 00000000

True, there's an issue with D2 code, it doesn't start the loop.
A fix will be uploaded asap, in the mean time you can add a D1 code before the D2 to start the loop. ;)

Reactions: Vermil

Sanguinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure this code works? or the right region?
I've previously used a plugin someone else on this site used one of Nanquitas' tools to convert from gateshark. That code was in it and worked fine. I couldn't say if every line is identical though as I don't have access to the source file of whoever it was that converted it.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've previously used a plugin someone else on this site used one of Nanquitas' tools to convert from gateshark. That code was in it and worked fine. I couldn't say if every line is identical though as I don't have access to the source file of whoever it was that converted it.
See my answer, your code is fine, there's an issue with D2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)