ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can you implement something into CTRPF that could change the write speed like slow it down because i have ASM that only work on the very ntr plg and gateway.
The pre-compiled plugin posted here cannot have its speed adjusted but when the library is released and you can compile your own the speed will be adjustable.

Seems to be working with Dio Vento's Penumbra Moon hack + ultraSuMoFramework!
Thanks for that info, I was wondering about the compatibility! Luma3DS's romfs redirection patch can sometimes mess some cheats up that store ASM data into the code.bin.

G-Man8776

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My second gift for you is my POC of a plugin loader within Luma3DS 9.0.
This version of Luma3DS can loads plugin without the need to use BootNTR.

However, keep in mind that only CTRPF plugins can be launched with it (and they must be recently compiled, old versions might not work) and the path as well as plugin's name is static:
  • sd:/luma/plugins/<tid>/plugin.plg
Must be this exact path or it won't work.
Also, the plugin loader only works on fw equal or higher than 11.4.

Good new, O3DS users can now use CTRPF on Mode3 games with this plugin loader (so you can use ultraSumoFramework on O3DS).

I recommend using this plugin loader as well for the ActionReplay ctrpf. ;)

That's all, Merry Christmas too all of you ! :)

How do I install the Luma3DS Plugin Loader on my O3DS?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, will AR3DS codes work?

Like this?

http://www.fort42.com/ar3ds/game1732/

No, those codes are using different addresses.
You could have simply try and see the result by yourself instead of saying again like I owed you any answer...

Anyway, soon to come, a fully featured code editor for ActionReplay:
dEhQiFY.png

With the following features:
  • Realtime adding/editing/removing a code
  • Coloring to help writing and debugging a code
  • Auto-comment feature to describe what the code do (can really be of help to debug a code)
  • Check if the code is supported by the handler directly
With that we'll have a fully featured Action Replay plugin with Search, HexEditor, and Action Replay code manager. Everything without the need of a PC. :)

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, those codes are using different addresses.
You could have simply try and see the result by yourself instead of saying again like I owed you any answer...

Anyway, soon to come, a fully featured code editor for ActionReplay:
dEhQiFY.png

With the following features:
  • Realtime adding/editing/removing a code
  • Coloring to help writing and debugging a code
  • Auto-comment feature to describe what the code do (can really be of help to debug a code)
  • Check if the code is supported by the handler directly
With that we'll have a fully featured Action Replay plugin with Search, HexEditor, and Action Replay code manager. Everything without the need of a PC. :)
sorry for my ignorance but is this used in conjunction with the ctrpluginframework or does it replace it? i'm not sure what the difference is.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry for my ignorance but is this used in conjunction with the ctrpluginframework or does it replace it? i'm not sure what the difference is.
This is builtin CTRPluginFramework, in the next update. ;)
So all plugins that will be built with the next version will also have this feature.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have o2Ds. I copied your Luma 9.0 and USMF .plg renamed it to plugin.plg. also also the image files (2) I rebooted my 2DS went into USM game and pressed "Select" and nothing happens even XY nothing happens no cheat menu comes up. Yes i have the correct plugin version set in /plugin/00040000001B5100/ so how do i get this to work. I'am on 1.1 USM.

Sanguinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have o2Ds. I copied your Luma 9.0 and USMF .plg renamed it to plugin.plg. also also the image files (2) I rebooted my 2DS went into USM game and pressed "Select" and nothing happens even XY nothing happens no cheat menu comes up. Yes i have the correct plugin version set in /plugin/00040000001B5100/ so how do i get this to work. I'am on 1.1 USM.
Your path should by luma/plugins/titleid/plugin.plg.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
  • cheats.txt placed in the same folder of the plugin (like /plugin/<tid>/cheats.txt)
  • If the cheats.txt file is not found, then the plugin search for a <tid>.txt file in sd:/cheats folder (like sd:/cheats/<TID>.txt)

Might be a noob question.

Does this mean I can simply use your blank AR plugin with an accompanying cheat.txt to be able to use cheats without having to actually create a CTRP plugin?

Additionally, with the Luma POC plugin loader, I could use the blank AR plugin as well?

ErrorBit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a noob question.

Does this mean I can simply use your blank AR plugin with an accompanying cheat.txt to be able to use cheats without having to actually create a CTRP plugin?

Additionally, with the Luma POC plugin loader, I could use the blank AR plugin as well?

I couldn't find any plugins for Etrian Odyssey V, so I'm using the blank plugin and Luma mod to run a cheat.txt with Gateshark codes. Works great. Only issue (not really an issue, just me being a lazy bum) is that I can't add AR codes to a favorites list like with regular codes: so if a game has a long list of codes, scrolling becomes a minor annoyance. I can change the order the codes appear in in the cheat.txt file, though, so I can't complain.

Anyway, more to your question, yeah a cheat.txt works with the blank plugin and luma mod.

Reactions: Nanquitas

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't find any plugins for Etrian Odyssey V, so I'm using the blank plugin and Luma mod to run a cheat.txt with Gateshark codes. Works great. Only issue (not really an issue, just me being a lazy bum) is that I can't add AR codes to a favorites list like with regular codes: so if a game has a long list of codes, scrolling becomes a minor annoyance. I can change the order the codes appear in in the cheat.txt file, though, so I can't complain.

Anyway, more to your question, yeah a cheat.txt works with the blank plugin and luma mod.

Could you upload a sample of the cheat.txt? Would like to know how it is being formatted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv