Homebrew CTGP-7 wont use modified nanquitas luma3ds

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to add the brightness control features of DullPointer's fork into nanquitas 3gx-loader fork. I was able to get the brightness to work, but my problem is that ctgp-7 says "Luma3ds with Plugin Loader is outdated", and forces me to update it before i can play. This happens if i build it from source with or without the brightness patches. Does anyone know why? Is it looking for a checksum? and if it is, is there any way i can change that?

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, i now have more information. the bianary from here: https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.2.1 works fine. If i build from the source zip in that release, the ctgp7 launcher crashes after the title screen. Also, i did enable plugins in rosalina, i didnt do that at first and thought it would be an easy fix for a moment. *sigh*

Reactions: Nutez

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, i now have more information. the bianary from here: https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.2.1 works fine. If i build from the source zip in that release, the ctgp7 launcher crashes after the title screen. Also, i did enable plugins in rosalina, i didnt do that at first and thought it would be an easy fix for a moment. *sigh*
There is a bit discussion on this topic here. The short answer is that CTGP-7 checks for a specific Luma build and that CTGP-7 itself would need to be updated for it to recognise a different Luma build. PabloMK7 did generously offer to do this, but I haven't reached out yet as I still want to keep tinkering with that Luma build before committing to a change freeze or coordinated releases (I'd like to explore more of Sono's great hardware findings). If you felt motivated enough, perhaps your best option might be to try to fulfil the Feature Request for Official Luma yourself? I don't know what their standards are and my implementation is pretty scrappy so I just offered it there for reference.

Reactions: fmkid and PabloMK7

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a bit discussion on this topic here. The short answer is that CTGP-7 checks for a specific Luma build and that CTGP-7 itself would need to be updated for it to recognise a different Luma build. PabloMK7 did generously offer to do this, but I haven't reached out yet as I still want to keep tinkering with that Luma build before committing to a change freeze or coordinated releases (I'd like to explore more of Sono's great hardware findings). If you felt motivated enough, perhaps your best option might be to try to fulfil the Feature Request for Official Luma yourself? I don't know what their standards are and my implementation is pretty scrappy so I just offered it there for reference.
I ended up getting a response from pablomk7 on discord. Ctgp-7 needs a very specific luma bianary, in order to reduce cheating.

Reactions: Nutez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@