Not open for further replies.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
Bootmii is going to take a while and you know what they say about patience.
it's a virtue, right?
biggrin.gif

uggi2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whys csm going to be any better than starfall,whats the difference.will it block sysem updates via web as well as discs ?

uggi2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did it all seems to do the same as starfall to me except running backups off disc channel which is no biggie

- Region Free System (channels, games, saves)
- Disc Channel lock removed, move it wherever you like...
- Skip Disc Update Check
- Rescue Menu (Hold Y on GC controller before logo)
- Removed NoCopy flag check, copy any savegames or channels you want.

star fall does all of these except being able to move disc channel so whats the point

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, it can do way more than that.
from post#535

Hmm...why don't we come up a running list of features you all would want cSM to eventually have. I am making this for everyone, and now that i've got some time on my hands we should talk about it.

[Currently Implemented]
- Dashboard (Recovery mechanism, multiboot system menu's, apply patches, etc)
- Backup Support (optional, because those with modchips don't need it)
- Unlocked Disc Channel
- Skip Update Check
- Toggle healthwarning [Quick, Logo, Off]
- Region Free System (Wii/GC Games, Channels)
- NoCopy Flags removed (Copy any savegames / channels)
- Allow overwriting when copying to and from NAND (copies anyways, you dont get that stupid "already in wii system memory" bullshit)
- Twilight Hack Protection (does not search and destroy tphack anymore)

[Ideas]
- No Per System Encryption on saves and channels when installing / exporting. (I wonder if its possible)
- Remodeled Settings Menu (nice and easy layout, no pages to shift through)
- Region Changing (from settings menu)
- Video Output Mode Changing (from settings menu)
- Shop Region Changing (from settings menu)
- Manage WADs through the system menu (add "WADs" option alongside "Savedata" and "Channels")
- Custom ambient background sound
- Change some poor texture choices
- Skinning (method of changing the resource files for cSM from the Dashboard)
- Possibilty of Media Player Integration on main menu (for DVDs I might be able to change the disc loading routine a bit to detect DVD Video and display the logo, then when start is pressed it launches MPlayer)

and more I can't remember atm. Keep the ideas comin'

Fors

thats all as of Nov 24. since does not have his wiis at the moment. im sure he has implemented more features. also, this will/may be released aftrer bootmii (which autoboot what ever you tell it). the simple fact that this will surpass starfall in so many ways is mind-boggling. this will be similar the custom firmware is to the psp.

TECstarINC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck ....

when is there gonna be an alpha or beta release of this shit
cuz i iz waiting for it for a while now and i wanna try it so bad
tongue.gif

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure if anyone knew, this would be the place to post it.
And it's not shit lol

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I haven't read all the posts yet (60 pages.. >_>)
but could Fors add something that could change our Wii LEDS to red, green, or any other color? That'd be cool. Just sharing my thoughts.
happy.gif
It's just an idea that I thought would be cool (maybe someone else's idea too because I haven't read all the posts lol
biggrin.gif
)

Keep up the good work Fors.
smile.gif
I'm lovin it

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
but could Fors add something that could change our Wii LEDS to red, green, or any other color? That'd be cool. Just sharing my thoughts. happy.gif It's just an idea that I thought would be cool (maybe someone else's idea too because I haven't read all the posts lol biggrin.gif )

Keep up the good work Fors. smile.gif I'm lovin it
That is not possible.If you want to change the color of your Wii leds you would need to do it yourself.No software can change the color of your Wii Led.

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
QUOTE said:
but could Fors add something that could change our Wii LEDS to red, green, or any other color? That'd be cool. Just sharing my thoughts. happy.gif It's just an idea that I thought would be cool (maybe someone else's idea too because I haven't read all the posts lol biggrin.gif )

That is not possible.If you want to change the color of your Wii leds you would need to do it yourself.No software can change the color of your Wii Led.

oh, okay. Thanks for the answer
smile.gif

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
QUOTE said:

Actually, yes, that would be possible. The Wii LED already has these colors, all we need is a program that tells the LED to turn to that color. XBMC on Xbox lets you change the LED from green to orange or red, or even flash all three colors.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
DarkLG said:
QUOTE said:

Actually, yes, that would be possible. The Wii LED already has these colors, all we need is a program that tells the LED to turn to that color. XBMC on Xbox lets you change the LED from green to orange or red, or even flash all three colors.

Yes that is true, has i also had a modded Xbox, but it also depends what kind of Led Light the wii has, I know the xbox led colors was a result of software telling the xbox how much voltage to send to the led display, not sure if the wii can do that, Might be able to do with software but more than likely you have to do a hardmod on the led display to get it do different colors

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii ONLY has a BLUE LED on the front... there is no way to make it RED, ORANGE, PURPLE, or GREEN without changing the LED Bulbs...

The XBOX has GREEN, RED, and ORANGE built in. I know, I have one, and have modded mine to be PURPLE, GREEN, and YELLOW.

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
The Wii ONLY has a BLUE LED on the front... there is no way to make it RED, ORANGE, PURPLE, or GREEN without changing the LED Bulbs...

The XBOX has GREEN, RED, and ORANGE built in. I know, I have one, and have modded mine to be PURPLE, GREEN, and YELLOW.

Zidane, i think these guys might be confused with the slot LED and the power LED.

power LED will do red amber and green, but the disc slot LED only does blue.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think we are going too far into this LED thing, soo people will ask to have a menu option to change the wii's color
tongue.gif

think we should focus on the software side of things, menu enhancements. What i would like to see is to be able to load .ISO images from a USB external drive. that would bring this to a WHOLE other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC