Homebrew CS3DS - CSPSP Port

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a hard time getting the CIA builds to show up on home menu in emuNAND and I'm not sure what could be the issue. I'll re-upload the build with CIA shortly. EDIT: CIA now included with the download.

It shows for me, that's weird.

Attachments

• HNI_0044.JPG
    HNI_0044.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 560
Last edited by Pikasack,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
The cia crashes the system for me :/
Edit: Nevermind just read I have to still move the other folders.
Edit 2: Nevermind again, still get an error.

Last edited by sniper_x002,

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Works great on N3DS although I don't like much that style of controls and on keyboard circle and cross are misplaced.
For the controls could you add scheme A and scheme B such as scheme A would be the current controls and scheme B would be like left -= velX, right += velX and same for axis Y?

machinamentum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great on N3DS although I don't like much that style of controls and on keyboard circle and cross are misplaced.
For the controls could you add scheme A and scheme B such as scheme A would be the current controls and scheme B would be like left -= velX, right += velX and same for axis Y?
The game's default setting is relative controls (up moves you forward instead of upward). Go to settings and change to absolute. As for the keyboard, it's a known issue I'll fix in the next update.

Reactions: UltiNaruto

OfficialRenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neat! The graphics look very similar to Nintendo's official imagines so I don't know if I could include them as part of the distribution. As for the logo, I would suggest making "3DS" the same size as "CS", use the same font, make the 3 red and "DS" black; that would help it look more coherent to the project.

Alright, I found out that the game does not show anything draw further than the 256x128px boundaries so I tried my best to fit in the "3DS" in the logo and here it is. Also it should be fine to use the images since it's just homebrew and nintendo can't run homebrew kek If you're still not sure about uploading the images back to github or w/e people can still manually put them in their games.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 406

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2DS user here, it's playable, but has weird graphical glitches, no sound, low framerates and controls feel weird if you're moving with the analog stick and are not facing forward or backward.

For the controls, go into settings and change it from relative to absolute.
That's a way better control scheme.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
For the controls, go into settings and change it from relative to absolute.
That's a way better control scheme.
I know that. afaik, PSP used absolute. But absolute feels... weird. turn the character to the right or left and try to move up.

machinamentum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that. afaik, PSP used absolute. But absolute feels... weird. turn the character to the right or left and try to move up.
PSP had both modes as well. Absolute mode moves your character the direction of the control stick. What you seem to be describing is relative mode (which is set by default).
Does this access n3DS 804 MHZ mode?
It does.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
PSP had both modes as well. Absolute mode moves your character the direction of the control stick. What you seem to be describing is relative mode (which is set by default).

It does.
But PSP had absolute by default. I'm not describing relative. Give it a try yourself. When using absolute, if I turn to the right or left, walking up or down, the controls aren't responsive.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Hector_of_Troy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The cia gives me a black icon without banner but it still works. How do i remove it? It doesn't seem to have any titleId. Tested on a 10.7 2ds

machinamentum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.6-alpha now available. Network play is mostly working. You should be able to sign in to a previous account or register a new one, connect to servers, play matches etc. There are some bugs with playing matches where the most recent player to join the server won't show up on other player's screens. The GUI is a bit scrambled from not being adjusted for the smaller screen, but it is still legible for the most part. If the app freezes when registering a new account (usually after 10 or so seconds of waiting) just exit the app (L+R+DOWN+B) and sign in again. It should automatically log you in.

Also, it should be able to cross-play with PSP users.

machinamentum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Does CSPSP 1.92+ play on the the same servers? Afaik, 1.91 was the one getting its sources released, right? Does using 1.92+ on PSP pose any issue?
This version is based on 1.92 (nataku92's latest official release). I haven't tested if there's any issues using PSP clients but they should connect to the same servers unless the server code has been updated to support new features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k