OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
timesplitters.jpg

Crytek co-founder Avni Yerli has told NowGamer that it’s currently considering how to bring back its immensely popular TimeSplitters franchise. Sadly there’s “no concrete plans” at present, but it’s encouraging that the company are thinking about bringing back one of the best first person shooter franchises of all time.[/p]

QUOTE said:
“Obviously Timesplitters, historically, was for [Free Radical/Crytek UK] an important IP,”

“From our perspective we always had a lot of fun playing Timesplitters – Timesplitters 2 was amazing fun. Crytek and Crytek UK are interested in the IP; we are thinking about it but we’re trying to decide what we could do best with the IP, where we could bring it. There are no concrete plans yet.”

Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TimeSplitters 2 was the saving grace of the GameCube for me, much like Bloody Roar (which I bought, sold and bought once more). If not those two games, Multi would be a bit of a bore. Then again, it was hard to get Cube games where I live anyways, most stores were XBox/PS2-oriented.

I'd love to see the series re-booted, it had... that little bit of comic relief other shooters "don't" have. I'm just worried that Cry would simply make another "Crisis" under a different name.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but given the success of the series- most notable being TS2 and seeing as how attached Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical) is to the series, it's quite safe to assume that TS4 will be brought back sooner or later.

EDIT:
I want moar Robofish.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TimeSplitters 2 was the best FPS of all time.

I'd love to see a series revival, but I'd rather it stay dead than turn out like Duke Nukem and become Call of Duty with stage interaction.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
TimeSplitters 2 was the best FPS of all time.
For me it's TS:FP, but you get the gist of it.
wink.gif

QUOTEI'd love to see a series revival, but I'd rather it stay dead than turn out like Duke Nukem and become Call of Duty with stage interaction.
Considering that a lot of the original developers of the Timesplitters series are working for Crytek UK, it's less likely to be a complete mess.
Personally, I'd be fine with a HD remake; It would give them an idea of how well TS4 would sell, and possible give them incentive to make it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dgwillia said:
Screw the "How" do it nao Crytek.
But if they didn't know how, it'd be almost guaranteed that the game would be a complete mess that nobody would want to play (or at least be completely different/playing it too safe compared to the previous games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: