Crunchyroll brings its anime streaming service to the Nintendo Switch

asdik.png

Netflix still isn't on the Nintendo Switch, but at the very least, media consumers will be able to get their anime streaming fix with a new app that's just launched on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Crunchyroll, the anime-centered service, can now be enjoyed on your Switch, in both handheld and docked form. Offering currently airing shows like Attack on Titan Final Season, or completed shows such as Fate/stay Night, Crunchyroll allows you to stream anime for free, with the caveat of ads. There are also premium plans that start at $7.99 a month if you want to browse the full library of shows, both subbed and dubbed, with no interruptions.

Crunchyroll joins the likes of Hulu, Funimation, and YouTube, in terms of media streaming applications available on Nintendo's latest console. Netflix still lacks a release, which some have found irksome, given the streaming giant having previously released apps on both the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U.

:arrow: Source

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, the unlikely reason Netflix isn't on is because they are still sore about the Live Action Zelda project that getting leaked.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Isn't this service owned by Sony?
Maybe Disney+ isn't on the Switch because of that weird drm they have?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to sub on Crunchyroll but they only offer like what 1% of their catalog from where I live.
This is why you need today's sponsor, TempVPN. TempVPN will temporarily keep your hacking history private, until Nintendo reveals they can see right through it in a ban wave!

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Crunchyroll is so slow app, I tried it on TV and it was hanging a lot, the PC app interface is horrible as well, they had a great collection but the bad performance made me canceling my subscription.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
it has been five fucking years
Remember how long it took them to put the official YouTube app on the Wii? The Wii U had already launched, and the Wii was already dead when it released. And it crashed if you even looked at it wrong. It was very unusable in that sense.

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill