Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also ,did some snooping around and found out from an official reseller , the release date is roughly NEXT MONTH!!!!
edit: 512mb memory confirmed for the cart so i believe you can only load one game at a time.

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people who make the flash card are from China i subscribed the newsletter and it says a place there i googled it and found out its in china place is Shenzhen, Guangdong

Posts merged

tom10122 said:
also ,did some snooping around and found out from an official reseller , the release date is roughly NEXT MONTH!!!!
edit: 512mb memory confirmed for the cart so i believe you can only load one game at a time.

yeah i saw that too xD
Edit: it also never said it was 512mb all they said was that the game was 512mb "This YouTube video is showing Crown3DS running the 3DS game--splinter cell3d.3ds, the capability of this game is 512MB."

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also there website has been changed the words now say...

"Great news! We are proud to announce that: Crown3DS, the first genuine 3DS flashcard in the world, its original testing card now can run 3DS rom game - "splinter cell3d.3ds" on 3DS V2.1.0-4 successfully(see more details in the above youtube video)! Many thanks to all of our developing guys, it couldn't make without their several months hardwork....

Next, we will dump more 3DS rom games, and will do further firmware testing and keep structure design updated for more high compatibility and stability.

The more specific info of Crown3DS card will be released sooner or later, to be expected!

Crown3DS Team"

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This video is sort of metric of pirates really. as of March (BEFORE the price drop) there have been 3.61 Million 3ds units sold worldwide. This video has only seen 20,000 views thats a SMALL percentage of users interested in piracy.

just something to chew on.

Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iRawriLaugh said:
also there website has been changed the words now say...

"Great news! We are proud to announce that: Crown3DS, the first genuine 3DS flashcard in the world, its original testing card now can run 3DS rom game - "splinter cell3d.3ds" on 3DS V2.1.0-4 successfully(see more details in the above youtube video)! Many thanks to all of our developing guys, it couldn't make without their several months hardwork....

Next, we will dump more 3DS rom games, and will do further firmware testing and keep structure design updated for more high compatibility and stability.

The more specific info of Crown3DS card will be released sooner or later, to be expected!

Crown3DS Team"
updated yesterday dude

Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one quick question, if the flash card can only play one game at a time , with region lock and everything , is it even possible for nintendo to block?the way i see it , it's essentially as if you bought the game right from nintendo

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
This video is sort of metric of pirates really. as of March (BEFORE the price drop) there have been 3.61 Million 3ds units sold worldwide. This video has only seen 20,000 views thats a SMALL percentage of users interested in piracy.

That's a good observation but wrong in nearly every way possible.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zanfire said:
Byronic Hero said:
I just want to say that I'm not for or against pirating games, but I am one of the few people who play games solely to beat them. That accomplished feeling you get when you see the end credits roll is the most satisfying thing I get from video games. Yes, I play them to have fun along the way but, once I am done with a game, that's it. I am not going to play it anymore unless it is something like an open world game where I can just screw around (al la GTA Series).

The reason I am subscribed to Gamefly is the same: I don't want to have to pay full price for a game that I am either just going to let sit on mu shelf and deteriorate in value, or sell it as soon as I am done. It seems like a waste of money and time, so if (stress on if") I pirated games, it would be because I do not intend on actually "owning" the game for more than a couple of days (or weeks in some cases).

If money is the issue, then shouldn't video game companies be more occupied with sites like "eBay" in which there can be many transactions involving the same game, where the developer sees none of the revenue? Piracy is a problem but only a small percentage of the "gamers" actually do it, or even know that it exists.

I mean really, what 14 year old Middle America kid do you know that will, find out, learn the risks, and then proceed to do anything that has to do with hacking games? If I asked my 15 year old cousin (who owns both a DS and a Wii) if she knew anything about hacking them in order to get free games, I highly doubt she'd even think it was possible.

Bottom line, if piracy was such a huge deal since the GBA, why is it that games like Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Uncharted 2 sell so well? It's cause they have enough of a fanbase to not have to worry about the small percentage that actually pirate their games. Lesser names on the other hand have it harder, sure, but has that stopped publishers like Aksys, NIS America, and Atlus from bringing games over to where piracy is a big problem? No.

Real bottom line: Piracy isn't a big deal.

If only half the people realized this....and stopped saying " Q.Q now its going to get only shovelware" BS. Its like they think people who make shovelware DONT want to make money too. If everyone was pirating even they would not make games. The people who know about hacking are pretty tiny in the grand scheme and the people who do it are even less then that. If it was so insane then the PC alone would never see a game, because if anywhere, its the worst there.

FINALLY. It's about time someone understood the reality of piracy. Not only is it a small percentage of people that are pirating, but also, you can't count every single person who pirates a game as a lost sale. If 1000 people pirate your game, it doesn't mean that you lost 1000 sales. If pirating wasn't possible for your game, then it may be that only 200 of the 1000 would bother shelling out money for it. The other 80% may be playing your game just because its not costing them anything.

You can see a discussion on iPhone game piracy by iPhone app devs here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=106392

Keep in mind that piracy on iPhone/iPad/iPod is FAR easier than any console. You can even jailbreak your device now in 30 seconds without using a computer (just by visiting a website on your device).

CollosalPokemon said:
machomuu said:
BadBloke said:
All the people who are saying this is fake because there's no hello world, no menus, no region-free:

IT IS NOT HOMEBREW!

That's why it won't allow you to play games from different region than your console's, why there is only one game at a flash playable, most importantly why there is no menu and "Hello World". It won't allow people to run custom, unsigned code on the 3DS, just pirated/backed up copies of retail games.

Please, find another argument, then call it fake. I'm not saying it is real, but the lack of region unlocking and homebrew doesn't make it fake.
The Acekard isn't homebrew, neither is the DSTWO, or any of the other flashcarts. That said, I can still play One Piece Gigant Battle on them. Pokemon BW in Japanese, too.

Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of this phrase, practice what you preach and :
Please, find another argument

Technically you are right, but AceKard and all other current flash carts use savegame exploits. When you use exploits you don't need homebrew to be signed, because the ROM+SAV that is exploited is already signed, and it only checks signatures for signed code at the launch of the cart so when a savegame exploit is booted up, since for example R4i SDHC 3DS, uses a clean ROM it is read as signed, then through the exploit in the save we can execute homebrew (Hello World or etc) because the ROM passed the signature checking as it was loaded so the signature is "valid" throughout gameplay, including homebrew.

This cart *appears* to take a different route. It doesn't use a savegame exploit, and thus it cannot run unsigned code atm. The 3DS ROM header's make the region lock, so when attempting to load the CCI (3DS ROM Image) if the 3DS sees a different region code in the header it will stop/cancel loading it.

Because this supposedly flashes a CCI onto the cart at a time that region code in the header is still read, and cannot be launched unless the 3DS accepts that region code.

Theoretically speaking if/when more is found out about the CCI files it may be possible to hack the files to modify the region code so they can play JP on EU/US or anywhere on any region but not atm

Also AFAIK: booting different region ROMs in DS mode DOES NOT COUNT AS A REGION-FREE HACK. DS-mode games have no region protection and therefore any region'd DS (not DSi-enhanced, DSi-only, or 3DS) game can run on any region DS/DSi/3DS. For example, the cooking coach hack doesn't work in JP DSi's because of the region lock, but with the US/EU region DSi/3DS it can boot the Pokemon BW Japanese on a US/EU DSi/3DS in DSi-mode. Although this can be done with AceKard/etc they run in DS-mode, not DSi-enhanced mode.

Basically any DSi/3DS game is region locked (though DSi-enhanced games like Pokemon BW can be run on a DS region-free, but not on a DSi/3DS), so you'd have to have a CCI with your 3DS's region (US/EU/JP) using this cartridge "Crown3DS" if it is real.

I'm no expert with hacking but I know about region-locking.

I wish more people would understand this. I also hail from the days of GBA flash carts where you could only flash a single ROM to your flash cart. Then those were upgraded to the point where there was a very minimal launcher to allow for multiple ROMs, but it was still miles away from the ease of use we have with the Slot 1 cards for the DS. The people who got started with flash cards with the Slot 1 DS flash cards don't know how good they have it. As for the $100? I remember paying over $150 for my original GBA flash cart. $100 seems pretty cheap to me. Having said that, if this turns out to be true, I don't think I would bother getting it until much later. I don't have much time for games these days
smile.gif

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
tom10122 said:
one quick question, if the flash card can only play one game at a time , with region lock and everything , is it even possible for nintendo to block?the way i see it , it's essentially as if you bought the game right from nintendo

The 3ds console may not be able to block it.... but we still don't know the public/private keys. Meaning we can't sign files. So game makers could include anti-piracy measures , that can't be patched because we can not resign them

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
morphius said:

well I am pretty high on percosets right now

how do you feel it wrong?

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
tom10122 said:

The 3ds console may not be able to block it.... but we still don't know the public/private keys. Meaning we can't sign files. So game makers could include anti-piracy measures , that can't be patched because we can not resign them

what puzzles me is how they where able to do it it must take true brains to actually come up with something like this and i think Nintendo's already on it woundering how the hell they did it! lol

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sihou1 said:
So, whats the use if it cant play backups, its just like playing regular games

it is playing a backup, but it only works with that Tom Clancy game for right now. it's still a WIP, if this thing is true

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
Zetta_x said:
morphius said:

well I am pretty high on percosets right now

how do you feel it wrong?

You were trying to inference the number of users interested in piracy from view counts. If you don't see what's wrong I doubt it won't be worth my time going through countless counter examples. I'm just saying there is a high probability that the number of people who viewed video has a very weak correlation to the number of users who are interested in piracy.

1. The video has not been out for very long
2. The number of views is far less significant the rate of views
3. Impossible to determine the rate of views as youtube as slugish post time of video views
4. There are a lot of PS3 piracy videos in 6 months with a f-ton of views, does that mean PS3 piracy is more interesting than 3ds, the successor of one of the most easiest things to pirate?
5. The amount of 3ds bought before the price drops has no correlation to who may and who may not pirate the 3ds
6. The whatever number of people who bought 3ds doesn't include used sales

endless things.

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You were trying to inference the number of users interested in piracy from view counts. If you don't see what's wrong I doubt it won't be worth my time going through countless counter examples. I'm just saying there is a high probability that the number of people who viewed video has a very weak correlation to the number of users who are interested in piracy.

1. The video has not been out for very long
2. The number of views is far less significant the rate of views
3. Impossible to determine the rate of views as youtube as slugish post time of video views
4. There are a lot of PS3 piracy videos in 6 months with a f-ton of views, does that mean PS3 piracy is more interesting than 3ds, the successor of one of the most easiest things to pirate?
5. The amount of 3ds bought before the price drops has no correlation to who may and who may not pirate the 3ds
6. The whatever number of people who bought 3ds doesn't include used sales

endless things.

I guess I can see your points. only reason I mentioned pre price drop was because I know alot of units were sold after the drop so i know its more than 3.6 million

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of units didn't sell, it just sold more units. 3DS selling like crap again in Japan and last I heard USA.

Right now, it's going through like what PS3 did at start. the difference is PS3 was more of a price issue while 3DS is lack of software and third party support.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
i just realized something the flashcart didn't brick his ds I know it was a really bogus claim by nintendo but still now we have proof
You can't be serious lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...