falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TitleID: 01003D90058FC000

I recommend using SimpleModManager.

CrossCode is extremely open to modding. If you have any interest I suggest you check it out. There's room to modify a huge proportion of the game and basically make whatever you want. There's a Discord server dedicated to the topic.

[v1.0.10 / v393216] 80% enemy hitpoints (excluding bosses)
files affected: data\enemies\*.json

I've found the balance is haphazard and some enemies are sponges.

HP is changed on Analysis and I get the feeling the changes are in effect but there's unaltered values in database.json that I'm unsure about. There's a lot of redundancy in the game files and it's hard to know what's actually used. Feel free to confirm this mod works.

I've attempted to exclude all bosses (but not Blazehoof, he felt like a load of crap fighting him recently) but I may've missed some. The naming of enemies is an inconsistent mess.

You can change the scale to whatever you want and edit which enemies are excluded with this.

[v1.0.10 / v393216] Alternate map stamps and better cave map icon
files affected: media\gui\area-icons.png, media\gui\menu.png
xgU7Fxn.png
There are now three stamps for chests, for bronze, silver, and gold. Clarified the question and exclamation marks, added one for switches / buttons, replaced the diagonal arrows with numbers 1-2-3-4. I would've made both a ground and floating switch stamp but 7x7 doesn't really allow it.

Slightly improved the cave icon.

[v1.0.10 / v393216] Literal skill names
files affected: data\lang\sc\gui.en_US.json

No more having to check what skill names mean, or nearly as often. Almost all skill names as seen on equipment and in the skill-tree / circuit have been renamed to more memorable alternatives. e.g. Brawler has become Melee+, Flash Step is Dash Invinc.+, Legwork is Aim Move Spd+. Had to work with a limited character count and some choices could be better.

[v1.0.10 / v393216] 50% faster slow dash
files affected: data\players\lea.json

This is the slow, half-arsed dash you attempt after exhausting your dashes.

WIP [v1.0.10 / v393216] Literal consumable names
files affected: data\item-database.json

A number of consumables need their names shortened dramatically to fit within the character limit.

WIP [v1.0.10 / v393216] Conspicuous botanics
files affected: media\entity\objects\autumn-destructibles.png, media\map\bergen-trail.png, media\map\jungle-props.png
4FfUUiy.png
KY07K7U.png
Gaia's Garden and Sapphire Ridge are complete.

Comes in either 'full glow' or 'white glow' versions. Either a much more obvious periodic scanning animation or a slightly more one.

WIP [v1.0.10 / v393216] Differentiated cliff heights

I haven't committed to this yet. Seems like it'll require creating a parallel set of cliff graphics with some choice of subtle but noticeable visual cue for different heights, and writing an automated process to generate a new layer from each heightmap and existing tiles that corresponds to the new graphics. Not sure I care that much to do this but then again, the depth perception issue in this game is a big one.

WIP [v1.0.10 / v393216] Simplified trade

I've found the trading system convoluted and I'm thinking of significantly simplifying it and making it more rewarding to engage with.

Somewhat related, you can find my experience successfully transferring a PC savegame to Switch here.

Attachments

• 80pc enemy HP sans bosses for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • alternate stamps and map cave icon for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    73.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 50pc faster slow dash for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    58.4 KB · Views: 79
  • renamed consumables for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    133 KB · Views: 73
  • conspicuous botanics forest fullglow for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    261.8 KB · Views: 57
  • conspicuous botanics forest whiteglow for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    263.1 KB · Views: 25
  • conspicuous botanics jungle fullglow for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    142.8 KB · Views: 54
  • conspicuous botanics jungle whiteglow for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    146.3 KB · Views: 29
  • renamed skills for v1.0.10 v393216.rar
    30.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by falcorr,

werd10101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That first one really made the game more enjoyable for me. Do you know if the recent update broke it and are there more for the switch?

Reactions: falcorr

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The reduced enemy hitpoints will probably be fine with any updates prior to the upcoming DLC. With the DLC and beyond, I'd suggest you re-run the script to regenerate the files and likely eliminate any chance of issues.

Mods for the Switch version are basically non-existent because those interested have focused entirely on PC and being able to more extensively mod things there.

Last edited by falcorr,

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reduced enemy hitpoints will probably be fine with any updates prior to the upcoming DLC. With the DLC and beyond, I'd suggest you re-run the script to regenerate the files and likely eliminate any chance of issues.

Mods for the Switch version are basically non-existent because those interested have focused entirely on PC and being able to more extensively mod things there.
Re-run the script? What script? sorry for the noob question

EDIT: Got it. the .py script here: https://github.com/falcorr/CCscaleHP (scalehp.py)

has to be placed inside the \data\enemies\ directory of the 80% HP mod, and must be run with the following command: python scalehp.py 80

for 80% health, for example. any number from 1-99 will work

the CrossCode modding Discord helped me with this :)

Last edited by MultiKoopa, , Reason: for me to understand when I return later

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. The game crashes as soon as I try to load a save :(

EDIT: Ok, so after enabling one-by-one, it seems all the mods work besides "Literal Consumable Names". As soon as that one is enabled, the game crashes the instant you try to load a save. Not sure why?

Last edited by MultiKoopa,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    SacredMilkOG @ SacredMilkOG: Insightful