Gaming CREED

Kniteshade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anybody know how to get past the upright spikes (somewhere in Chapter 5)?

Two rows of upright spikes, that keep popping up in a certain pattern, and I've no idea how to get past, I've tried flip jumping, slowly walking and I still get impaled.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are alot of spikes in the game, could you describe the scene before. What is around you? Where are you? Which City? If there is a pattern then you have a clue already, difficult to answer, anybody? Have you tried a double jump? or a triple jump? or crouching and rolling forward? Maybe you missed a switch?

A picture can tell a thousand words..

Kniteshade

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, if it helps, it's 5-1 or 5-2 (in Memories). And prior to the spikes, 2 guards at an entrance, above the entrance is a crossbow sniper guard, through the entrance is another 2 guards, then walk a bit further and there are the spikes. They come up from the ground, not from a wall or anything. I can't climb any buildings near the spikes and there's no boxes for me to jump off from. There doesn't look to be any switches. I can't triple jump, but I can flip jump (B once, small jump, B again then Altair does a flip in midair jump).

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh that. Go up unto the first set of lowered spikes. THen when the pattern changes, walk onto the next. And so on. It will always lower the next row, and keep the one you're on lowered.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Oh that. Go up unto the first set of lowered spikes. THen when the pattern changes, walk onto the next. And so on. It will always lower the next row, and keep the one you're on lowered.

Yep, agree.

A quick heads up here,

Be careful (around Chapter 10) later on as you have to traverse falling poles. I managed to grab a falling pole move back onto several other non-falling poles then die from hitting the wrong button. It then loaded the checkpoint with the falling pole missing from the series of non-falling poles making the level impossible to do. In the end I had to restart the chapter from the beginning. forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Final Note: the guards have rankings on there abilities to fight - examine there clothes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.