Crediar releases QuadForce 2.0

wendy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? What does that matter to you?
All I can see you doing is destroying everyone's efforts to get this out in the first place.
If you think one person could put a permanent end to the project just by voicing their opinion, wouldn't that be a shame? If the source was released there wouldn't be a risk of crediar throwing yet another tantrum and ending all development.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Why? What does that matter to you?

All I can see you doing is destroying everyone's efforts to get this out in the first place.
They said that to me, too, when I said that Wood shouldn't be distributed on GBATemp without the source being available, since the author himself claimed it was GPL yet refused to give the source out after one point.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Guys, I got it running but in AX after titlescreen the menu is running in absolute slow motion and then it crashes.
Do i need to format the SD in a special way or is this a faulty iso?

Btw, just ignore that wendy0 guy. If he decompiles it he than can make changes in ASM if he wants to :D

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why ignore it?, Because you fear that crediar became angry?
I do not see why anyone would be angry about that, Is fair to ask for the source if it have GPL code.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The wad is not a channel, it's the actual program you need to install.
You should be able to use the same loaders which let you boot DIOS MIOS Lite.

1- put your game in the correct folder on your SD card (like a gameCube game if you were using DIOS MIOS Lite). For example:
Mario Kart GP1 : SDCard:/games/GGPE01/game.iso
Mario Kart GP2 : SDCard:/games/GGPE02/game.iso
F-Zero AX: SDCard:/games/GFZJ8P/game.iso (is that the right ID? I just google it)

2- Install the QuadForce wad on your Wii. Use any wad manager.

3- use a loader to boot the game (I tried with USBLoaderGX).

Remember:
QuadForce is installed in the MIOS Slot of your Wii.
You can only have one MIOS at a time, by installing QuadForce you will loose ability to launch GameCube Games.
To launch GameCube games again, just reinstall another MIOS :
- MIOS v10 : official one, play Retail disc
- DIOS MIOS : Plays backup from USB + Retail disc
- DIOS MIOS Lite : Plays backup from SD + Retail disc

yes but fzero freeze for me when I press start to play the game, any idea?

This doesn't work for me. My Wii crashes at the mode select screen, same as Fire-WSP above.

Same for me; crash when I press start for fzero

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just formatted my SD to Fat Cluster Size 64 and now it works, no crashes for me.
But since many people have crashes in the same place, there must be something wrong.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I just formatted my SD to Fat Cluster Size 64 and now it works, no crashes for me.
But since many people have crashes in the same place, there must be something wrong.

I have formatted to FAT 64k also and no slowdown on MK GP2 but fzero still crashes, not working this release Quadforce v2.0 release wrong many people same problem on FAT 64K not work.

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried a quick format at FAT 64kb cluster. That didn't work, so I'll try a full format now, and let you know what happens
Edit
nope. no fix for me. /sigh :(

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Same for me on FAT 64k or FAT 32. Both do not work and freeze, I think the release is wrong , I will wait for a proper one or a fix, thanks.

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah this looks like a pretty common issue that needs to be addressed. There's already a video on youtube showing the issue. (go to the last 10 seconds of the video)

Reactions: CosmoCortney

kenshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what format does the game need to be? Iso?
Where to put the Iso on SD card? On the root?

Get discex run ISO via drag n drop through that the resulting folder goes into sd or USB games folder that you make

Yeah this looks like a pretty common issue that needs to be addressed. There's already a video on youtube showing the issue. (go to the last 10 seconds of the video)

I literally have never had this issue, I admit it may be choppy in menu at times but never that problem.

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah there are a number of people with this issue now, so it looks to be a flaw in Quadforce. Maybe with certain SD cards? I have a feeling once USB support is added, it won't be a problem anymore. Too bad we have to wait for people to pay for it :(

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany

exactly the same here..
I tested other SD cards and I still get freezes..

Only the title and tutorial sequences work flawless. Aame for the debug menu:

I dragged the iso through discex but the iso's seems to be equal. I put the sys folder that discex created into the folder which contains the iso and the game didn't freeze instantly. Now just after selecting a mode it freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1