Hacking Crediar has SNEEK+DI working in wii mode!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
(you can do it already but you need to rewrite some part or compile your own stuff)
The trick is knowing which part to change ;)
Of course if it does work with the existing code, I understand that it has to be compiled using part of one of the System Menu IOS's (IOS80 IIRC) but I always have let ModMii do that for me. I understand that would have to be extracted from the Wii U directly in this case.

Do you know what to change in the code and which IOS part is needed, and where to put it in ModMii for it to automatically use it, etc?

EDIT : also, how do we start it without BootMii? If we extract the BootMii IOS from a Wii does it work on vWii?

Skyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The trick is knowing which part to change ;)
Of course if it does work with the existing code, I understand that it has to be compiled using part of one of the System Menu IOS's (IOS80 IIRC) but I always have let ModMii do that for me. I understand that would have to be extracted from the Wii U directly in this case.

Do you know what to change in the code and which IOS part is needed, and where to put it in ModMii for it to automatically use it, etc?

EDIT : also, how do we start it without BootMii? If we extract the BootMii IOS from a Wii does it work on vWii?

Right now i don't recommend to play with the IOS, as you maybe know, if Nintendo release a new patch that update the Wii Mode, it can brick it, it's like playing with the fire right now, if you know what you are
doing, try but if you can't, forget about it, it's too experimental (not yet ready) IOS80 with a IOS236 reserved.

I Wonder if you read the Damysteryman thread ? http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-can-install-ios-in-vwii-but.338809/

Personnaly i will recommend to work on a Sneek+DI way until the patcher is ready to fully exploit the Wii Mode of the Wii U, just a question of time, so wait a little bit.

You can launch bootMii by install it on a IOS ;) (you know which one anyway no ?) you have a lot of information from the Damysteryman thread and from what Credia showing... it's kinda like a tutorial

IOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
IOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
IOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
IOS59 (rev 7201): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How about the Casper tool gianpune created to launch bootmii directly from an exploit?
Did anyone test if it works on the wiiu in wii mode?
This would mean you could experiment without installing anything if you have a working exploit.
So, basically, you need a wiiu nand dump as neek nand.
And, you need to extract the sysmenu ios from that and use it to build your neek. (neek replaces a module in it)
Maybe the IOSKpatch or Elfins programs have changed. (or even some stuff in the neek sources. Only Crediar knows.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
let's just wait for crediar to release his code. Be patient, it's only been a couple of weeks since the damn thing's come out after all..

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, bollocks, too much trouble. Developers aren't going to make it work with it anytime soon, so I'll screw the whole DNEEK/SNEEK thing.
Erm...just for the record: most, if not all, emulators work fine under Xneek. Retroarch, mednafen, Toadking's mame, Tantric's emulators, Genesis plus GX*, scummvm, wii64, wiiSX, devolution,you name it. As for other homebrew...some smaller apps don't work, but aside from savegame manager gx**, I can't think of anything important.

Even DM(L) works under it, though it's a bit tricky to set it up.

*I must admit not having tried the very latest version of this...but 1.5.0 certainly works, so chances are high it'll remain that way.
**which works if you install Waninkoko's v14 on your emu-nand, albeit flakey

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...just for the record: most, if not all, emulators work fine under Xneek. Retroarch, mednafen, Toadking's mame, Tantric's emulators, Genesis plus GX*, scummvm, wii64, wiiSX, devolution,you name it. As for other homebrew...some smaller apps don't work, but aside from savegame manager gx**, I can't think of anything important.

Even DM(L) works under it, though it's a bit tricky to set it up.

*I must admit not having tried the very latest version of this...but 1.5.0 certainly works, so chances are high it'll remain that way.
**which works if you install Waninkoko's v14 on your emu-nand, albeit flakey

Wow, so the vWii has MIOS? Or you install it to the emunand and it still is able to run in vwii? Can't use it but that is still pretty amazing.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, so the vWii has MIOS? Or you install it to the emunand and it still is able to run in vwii? Can't use it but that is still pretty amazing.
First things first: I'm talking about xneek on the wii. If it works on the wiiu as demonstrated in the OP, I'm assuming it works the whole way (well...except neek2o, obviously, as it's kinda hard to mod something without it being open source).

Xneek is basically emulating the wii on a wii. It doesn't use or even touch any of the internal IOS'es, the MIOS, cIOS or even the nand. It runs the emulated nand from the SD card or hard drive. This emulated nand has a MIOS (and can, with some tinkering, be swapped with a DM(L) MIOS).

Now...with that being a given, just think for yourself. If you can run your emulated nand on a vwii...why wouldn't the MIOS on that emulated nand work*?

*small note: I know that the wiiu doesn't have the ports and can most likely not even read the discs, but that doesn't mean the MIOS doesn't work. :)

officialjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xneek is basically emulating the wii on a wii. It doesn't use or even touch any of the internal IOS'es, the MIOS, cIOS or even the nand. It runs the emulated nand from the SD card or hard drive.

U/SNEEK is not emulating. It is redirecting NAND reads/writes to SD or USB, effectively replacing the internal NAND.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First things first: I'm talking about xneek on the wii. If it works on the wiiu as demonstrated in the OP, I'm assuming it works the whole way (well...except neek2o, obviously, as it's kinda hard to mod something without it being open source).

That's funny because neek2o is a mod of SNEEK (GPL!) and therefore with every binary release he must supply the source or a valid way to request it (and supply it on request).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry...that's not what I meant. I meant that neek2o cannot be modded to include the changes you did for the wiiu, as the source for those changes isn't released yet (unless I missed things). :)

AFAIK, all changes of neek2o (thus far) can be found or requested on the google code page.

@officialjunk: you're probably correct in the technical term. I'm using the word "emulating" in a rather loose way (hence the word 'basically'). :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning