Hacking Suggestion Creation of an online P2P network for people running backups similar to zbattle, or kaillera clients

Who dares to create online gaming for people that uses reinx / sx os/ atmosphere?

• Total voters

eikichi09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So this guy generously offers to create an openvpn to find a solution and get to have online without going through Nintendo servers, and no one is screwed to move his ass to help him?
It's because I don't have a switch otherwise I would have gladly tried with you.
It's crazy the number of people here with a Switch and Splatoon and not one that offers to help you.
And after that they say the scene is not progressing.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
So this guy generously offers to create an openvpn to find a solution and get to have online without going through Nintendo servers, and no one is screwed to move his ass to help him?
It's because I don't have a switch otherwise I would have gladly tried with you.
It's crazy the number of people here with a Switch and Splatoon and not one that offers to help you.
And after that they say the scene is not progressing.
So step up to the plate, then.

eikichi09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As I said, I do not have a switch. But there are a lot of people here who have the requirements and none of them give a fuck about helping that person.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think it won't be out until the switch is dead and ninty moves to the next gen console. Right now if someone would do something like this it's very likely that would recieve a sue from nintendo

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Name one game out for switch except Fortnite that doesn’t use p2p
Not just P2P, but at the moment, LAN games. For now the only games I'm sure of that will work with this are MarioKart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and ARMS. And out of those the only one I have is Splatoon 2.

If we're able to get this to work with wireless play, that would significantly increase the amount of games it will work with. But we're not sure of that yet, baby steps first.

Also, I think it's safe to say chances are fairly high that this will work with Smash Bros. Ultimate.

We could build a platform where people could play these games online regardless of ban status. Perhaps even the modders could have their own separate room to have fun with modded games. And it would also work for stock Switches for people who just don't want to pay for Nintendo's online service.

We have the potential to build something pretty great here.

Reactions: SaffronXL

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it won't be out until the switch is dead and ninty moves to the next gen console. Right now if someone would do something like this it's very likely that would recieve a sue from nintendo
Look n00b, for reasons I've already explained TWICE in this thread, Nintendo's not going to sue anybody over this. What we're doing isn't exactly new. Similar things have already been done for the original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Gamecube, Wii, and DS. We can do this using VPN connections and open source software, we're not stealing a single line of code, or anything else, from Nintendo. So read the thread first before you decide to be a Debbie Downer and ruin people's hopes from the start.

I've ordered my LAN adapter from Amazon, I should have it in a few days. I'll probably have everything ready to test by next Saturday (busy with life stuff going on this weekend). I literally just need one other volunteer who can try connecting with me to play with. Multiple volunteers would be even better, but I'll settle with one just for a proof of concept. If everything is successful I will build a guide for everyone to use.

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Reporting in for testing, but I don't have a LAN Adapter.

Also back in the 360 days there was a patch for disable the 30ms ping barrier. I played many games with a buddy over this. Borderlands 1, resi5, lord of the rings to name a few.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Look n00b, for reasons I've already explained TWICE in this thread, Nintendo's not going to sue anybody over this. What we're doing isn't exactly new. Similar things have already been done for the original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Gamecube, Wii, and DS. We can do this using VPN connections and open source software, we're not stealing a single line of code, or anything else, from Nintendo. So read the thread first before you decide to be a Debbie Downer and ruin people's hopes from the start.

I've ordered my LAN adapter from Amazon, I should have it in a few days. I'll probably have everything ready to test by next Saturday (busy with life stuff going on this weekend). I literally just need one other volunteer who can try connecting with me to play with. Multiple volunteers would be even better, but I'll settle with one just for a proof of concept. If everything is successful I will build a guide for everyone to use.
Hey, no need to insult buddy

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i could help with 4 (Wii U / Wii / 3DS / Switch) "Multiplayer-Search/Lobby" vServer (but they are only on 3tb sata drives) so that all those consoles would have a point to connect - shouldn't violate anything regarding nintendo right?

How generous of you! I may follow up with you on that after my proof-of-concept has been completed. We'll start with just Switch games, Wii U and Wii games will probably work fine as well. Haven't looked at whether this would be possible with the 3DS, but we could probably do something similar with how people used to use "HomePass."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, no need to insult buddy
And no need to be a prick when you haven't even read the first page in the thread.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How generous of you! I may follow up with you on that after my proof-of-concept has been completed. We'll start with just Switch games, Wii U and Wii games will probably work fine as well. Haven't looked at whether this would be possible with the 3DS, but we could probably do something similar with how people used to use "HomePass."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And no need to be a prick when you haven't even read the first page in the thread.

I did it, and didn't saw anything about it. Even if i did, i still think it won't be easy and might be legal issues about it. Why so much hostility?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it, and didn't saw anything about it. Even if i did, i still think it won't be easy and might be legal issues about it. Why so much hostility?
Because I've already explained twice why we can do this without legal issues involved. And the thread is currently only two pages long. So it's really aggravating when people like you post something like "it's very likely that would recieve a sue from nintendo" when you probably already scrolled past contradictory information to that just getting to the reply box. It's no different than people who constantly open new threads here that are asking questions that have already been answered a dozen times.

You're relatively new here, you've only been a member for a few months. Read. Learn. Don't be that person.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Because I've already explained twice why we can do this without legal issues involved. And the thread is currently only two pages long. So it's really aggravating when people like you post something like "it's very likely that would recieve a sue from nintendo" when you probably already scrolled past contradictory information to that just getting to the reply box. It's no different than people who constantly open new threads here that are asking questions that have already been answered a dozen times.

You're relatively new here, you've only been a member for a few months. Read. Learn. Don't be that person.

I'm visiting this forum since the NDS era, i just recently registered, and i still think it would be difficult to achieve. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but i'm still unonvinced and i'm still positive that the big N would study for any irregularities about the project to take it down. Let's see how far it goes

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will never be able to ban VPN.
Incorrect. This is super easy to do. Websites already do it. They just ban IP ranges of known ISPs that offer VPN solutions. So say you connect from a range owned by OVH, the site won't allow you access. It's primitive, but effective.

Reactions: Erol

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect. This is super easy to do. Websites already do it. They just ban IP ranges of known ISPs that offer VPN solutions. So say you connect from a range owned by OVH, the site won't allow you access. It's primitive, but effective.

This is irrelevant. Nintendo servers can block VPN providers all they want, that doesn't matter. If I set up a private VPN server in my home, and have a friend use a VPN client to connect to it from their home, and we each bridge our connections to our Switches, they will see each other and play together just as if they were on the same network. The Switches won't even know they're connected via VPN, and Nintendo's servers won't know shit because the point is not to connect to them, but just to connect two (or more) Switches together.

Awstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The ps4 can now do it with black ops 3

So I’m almost 100% then can do this with splatoon

I tried hitting up modded warfare to track down the guy who made to see if he might help us make a splatoon 3 one

No go though

Reactions: Unknown77

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a lot of potential here. I've got all the required hardware (hacked switch, USB LAN adapter, desktop with two LAN connections) and all the games you mentioned, so if you need a testing buddy, let me know. I'm a total n00b at Splat, though.

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii: Wiimmfi, AltWFC
3DS/Wii U: Foxverse for Miiverse maybe?
Switch: Not needed really for right now

Xlink Kai is for 5th-6th gen consoles
PS2, OG Xbox, GC, 306, PS3 and PSP. It may support other devices but those are the main ones.

Last edited by FancyNintendoGamer567,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a lot of potential here. I've got all the required hardware (hacked switch, USB LAN adapter, desktop with two LAN connections) and all the games you mentioned, so if you need a testing buddy, let me know. I'm a total n00b at Splat, though.

That's awesome! We'll have to figure out a time we can get this all set up and running!

And don't worry, I'm not that great at Splat either, we'll probably mostly be running around each other and seeing whether or not it's laggy.

Reactions: SaffronXL

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's awesome! We'll have to figure out a time we can get this all set up and running!

And don't worry, I'm not that great at Splat either, we'll probably mostly be running around each other and seeing whether or not it's laggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +2
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol not even for sale yet to public, and already sold out. I'd like to get one but ill wait for the hype to calm down.
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't on GBAtemp at all yesterday, whenever I tried to go onto the website I got an unexpected database error
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all teamed together and decided you needed a day off, so we blocked you.
    +1
    No one expects the database errors!!!
    +1
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8