Hacking Creating new NDS gamecart backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
well if you only own a slot-1 and have even just the smallest bit a patience then the wifi dumper is imo not anything near useless

when i tried it it took a little over 20mins to dump a 32MB cart (256Mbit)

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
well if you only own a slot-1 and have even just the smallest bit a patience then the wifi dumper is imo not anything near useless

when i tried it it took a little over 20mins to dump a 32MB cart (256Mbit)

Well, I said "unless"
wink.gif
. But those 32 Mbytes get dumped in 45 secs using the slot-2 based dumper. Also, according to your numbers a whole 128 Mbytes title would take 80 min vs 3 aprox, not to mention potential transfer errors.

charpsp20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I did a similar thread over in the GBA arena and you guys were great on getting me hooked up.Â

Just curious shinji257, what was the gba dump solution you discovered? I basically relied on my EZF cable, but i was wondering if you found a simple file download that wouldnt require all that hardware in addition to a save backup manager.

charpsp20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting, I think I'll give it a try soon. So from what I'm reading, you run this dldi .nds file from a slot 2 based cart? Is there any possible chance that this can damage the DS? I'm planning on using my DS Phat, but I have an Ez4FDlx (lite size). I do have a Gameshark for the GBA and have been using that as a bridge to test things on my flashed DS Phat, thought it didn't work well with my new 3-in1, think it'll work for the dumper? Also, just wanted to verify, that I run this from slot 2, with the game I want to dump in slot 1. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just saw the thread for this tool in the Ez-Flash subforum, I think my questions have been answered in that thread.

the file itself is not dldi, (rather you need to dldi patch it to be compatible with your slot 2 card). As long as there is a dldi patch that works with your slot 2 card, it should work. This file should not damage your DS anymore than your flashcards. Yes, you will need to boot from a slot 2 card but thats in DS mode (hence the need for a nopassme or equivalent). the original card will be in slot 1. Just follow the menus in the progam and good luck.

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok.  I did a similar thread over in the GBA arena and you guys were great on getting me hooked up. 

Just curious shinji257, what was the gba dump solution you discovered? I basically relied on my EZF cable, but i was wondering if you found a simple file download that wouldnt require all that hardware in addition to a save backup manager.

I used gbaldr to take care of that. It is a slot-1 solution.

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting, I think I'll give it a try soon. So from what I'm reading, you run this dldi .nds file from a slot 2 based cart? Is there any possible chance that this can damage the DS? I'm planning on using my DS Phat, but I have an Ez4FDlx (lite size). I do have a Gameshark for the GBA and have been using that as a bridge to test things on my flashed DS Phat, thought it didn't work well with my new 3-in1, think it'll work for the dumper? Also, just wanted to verify, that I run this from slot 2, with the game I want to dump in slot 1. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just saw the thread for this tool in the Ez-Flash subforum, I think my questions have been answered in that thread.

the file itself is not dldi, (rather you need to dldi patch it to be compatible with your slot 2 card). As long as there is a dldi patch that works with your slot 2 card, it should work. This file should not damage your DS anymore than your flashcards. Yes, you will need to boot from a slot 2 card but thats in DS mode (hence the need for a nopassme or equivalent). the original card will be in slot 1. Just follow the menus in the progam and good luck.

Actually it is dldi-compatible... that is how you can use a dldi patch on it.

charpsp20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.  I did a similar thread over in the GBA arena and you guys were great on getting me hooked up. 

I used gbaldr to take care of that. It is a slot-1 solution.

thanks, i should try this. Whats the success rate and wheres the dump stored, in the slot 2 card? And can you use this to manage saver files?

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
So far it has been 100%. It will store it on a slot-1 card I think although I can double check when I get home (i'm at work right now). The file must be started by holding down the R button however because it is intended to use used along with an EZFlash 3-in-1 unit. By using the R button you bypass that check and it just comes up with a dump menu for the GBA cart.

It won't be able to do the save data however. I use cart_save for that instead. Note that it doesn't work all the time and will sometimes get stuck when trying to read the file list but when you get past that point then it is flawless.

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Wifi compatibility on the dumps should be fine as they all should be clean. Just do a crc checksum check to make sure the dump is 100% valid. advanscene.com has an up to date list of released games along with their crc32 values so you can check it.

On that note I just tried out the wifi version of the nds dumper program. I could not get it to connect to my access point at all. It never got far enough to even bother connecting to the ftp server. I even disabled encryption on the access point. Nintendo DS games can connect to the access point fine and I only really use 64-bit WEP so it isn't anything major.

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
so i flashed my DS Lite and so is there any homebrew that I could use now to dump GBA games? I use the DLDI dumper for DS games

Ummm... did you not read this thread? you don't need to flash your unit anymore to do ds games. but since you have done it already...

Anyways I have use gbaldr to backup gba carts. It is an nds homebrew but it does gba backups.
blink.gif
It will work with both flashed and unflashed units.

Oh and proof that you don't need a flashed unit to dump games starts with this post --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=521...ndpost&p=726825

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
dont u need EZ Flash 3-n-1 for that or something? and shinji, how much are those dumpers that u bought from chile or something, XROM or something...
XFLASH, XCART, i dunno...

shinji257

OP
Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
dont u need EZ Flash 3-n-1 for that or something? and shinji, how much are those dumpers that u bought from chile or something, XROM or something...
XFLASH, XCART, i dunno...

I didn't buy anything from china for this. All the items were bought from US retailers. Well I think the M3 CF came from China I think but I also know I got something else from them (can't remember exactly what) and it came from an US individual so I can't really said where they were based out of. Also I don't remember from what store I got it from at all. Sorry. Do some looking and I'm sure you can come across at least one store that has it.

Also the gbaldr application does not require an EZFlash 3-in-1. Before you start loading the file itself start holding the R button then tell the flashcart to load it. Keep holding the R button though and wait until you get a text menu. It will have 2 options. Either dump or exit then you will have the right screen. This is in the readme file for that application so if you read it then you should of seen it.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
"This is the final version of cory1492's universal GBA loader for the EZFlash 3-in-1 expansion pak." so I do need a 3-n-1! F!!!!!! well I hold R on boot to pull up the dump menu and i try to dump GSTLA and it just hangs... this requires a slot 1 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet