Homebrew creating FNaF port for 3ds

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so yes, here i am, the random person who wants to make a FNaF port for nintendo 3DS... (i am planning making this ONLY for myself, i own all fnaf games so it should be allowed right...) anyways, this is my first app and i know how dumb that sounds and all but im already kinda working on it, and since FNaF is 2D it should probably be pretty simple since you only have to use 2d images, the problem is that i have no idea how to show 2d images on the screen i know how to make touchscreen and button controlls and stuff, but i cant wrap my head around on how to make a image show up on the screen. there are like 0 tutorials on how to this... anyways can anyone here help me?

yeah maybe scott is gonna sue my ass hehe XD

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so yes, here i am, the random person who wants to make a FNaF port for nintendo 3DS... (i am planning making this ONLY for myself, i own all fnaf games so it should be allowed right...) anyways, this is my first app and i know how dumb that sounds and all but im already kinda working on it, and since FNaF is 2D it should probably be pretty simple since you only have to use 2d images, the problem is that i have no idea how to show 2d images on the screen i know how to make touchscreen and button controlls and stuff, but i cant wrap my head around on how to make a image show up on the screen. there are like 0 tutorials on how to this... anyways can anyone here help me?

Do you have a source code already or are you making this from scratch?

ThatGamingAirman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2D? never remember it being 2D

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have a source code already or are you making this from scratch?
i am making this from scratch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2D? never remember it being 2D
FNaF is actually in 2D i know how much it looks 3D haha, but yes it is actually 2D. Scott just makes great use of images.

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DroneHD2YT Writing it from scratch using what engine?
just using C, i was trying unity but that didnt work at all so i decided to write in C.

O and before i forget to say it! FNaF is made in clickteam fusion so the game wasn't coded, there is also no way to edit the source code of clickteam, there is a way to extract the original images though, wich i need.

and as far as i know there arent any costum libraries for clickteam as well

Last edited by DroneHD2YT,

Erfg1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 3DS, there are lots of restrictions. Just fyi. Things like images cannot be above 1024 w or h, and shaders are very limited.

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For 3DS, there are lots of restrictions. Just fyi. Things like images cannot be above 1024 w or h, and shaders are very limited.
yep i know, shaders are not really needed since you can just find images, those will do the job great.

like this is how FNaF works a bit:
lets say we have a screen of 240 * 400 (Height * wight), if we make the image (for example) 240 * 600, a part of the image falls outside of the screen borders, that is what we want. when i for example press the left on the D-pad, the image shifts to the right. making it look like our camera is rotating towards the left door. and if we press Right, the image shifts to the left, making it look like we are looking at the right door. the office actually uses multiple frames (fan spinning and stuff) so we have to make sure that is in as wel.

and i actually dont know if we can make the picture fall outside the borders, otherwise i guess we have to zoom the picture in a bit...

as for the camera's, its bassicaly just changing the images in front of you.

here for example in this office the blue part is where you normally look at and the red parts become visible when the image shifts the white (black in this image (doors)) parts are backlaying images where the light would light up the halls wich are also image (not the office im using btw)

Attachments

• office_LI.jpg
    office_LI.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 232
Last edited by DroneHD2YT,

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so has any1 found solution yet, i have implemented the home menu music already and some other stuff, but please, gimme instructions on how to show images

D

Deleted User

i am making this from scratch
you may have already started, but the engine the first fnaf is made on allows decompiling, so you can look at source code (well, it's technically an engine that does not require coding, so mainly you can look at the project file) edit: i had not seen that you already know about clickteam fusion decompiling

Last edited by ,

BasHeemskerkDEV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can find a early DEV build test, keep in mind that there are still bugs! i am fixing those later, you can kinda see this as a pre-release :) you can find it on gamejolt. just search for FreDEV and you can find me. from my page, you can download it. make sure to SET DEVELOPER UNIT INFO when installing! you can safely disable it afterwards.

ALSO:

performance might drop per night. if it becomes to low or unplayable, simply restart the game. i am fixing this because it sucks.

(BTW changed my email adress)

Last edited by BasHeemskerkDEV,
Reactions: JP17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr