Creating Debug Yellow VC with Link Cable

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Dionicio3, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Dionicio3
    OP

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Hello! I am attempting to create a Virtual Console of this rom:

I have created a VC of this rom without the link cable, but now I need to create a version of this rom with the link cable. I have extracted the .patch file from a regular yellow .cia and applied it to the Vc I'm trying to create, but the whole VC just crashes when Pikachu says "Pika" in the title screen. Please help me. Thanks.

flamerds, CatmanFan and TheKingy34 like this.
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well, the patches from the patch file may be in conflict with the patches of the romhack. The real best way to find out the new addresses is with the help of who made the hack...

3. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Can we make VC cable roms of other games with mulitplayer, that aren't Pokemon?

4. Dionicio3
    OP

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Yeah, a universal patch the detects when a link cable is going to be used would be cool, but I doubt it will ever happen.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes as long as (they are GB/C* games and) you're willing to spend a significant amount of time and effort figuring out the addresses of the networking functions...
    (Pokemon games in particular have fully rebuildable disassemblies with generous commenting available on github, something most games don't have)

The team that released the multiplayer versions of Pokémon gen 2 was supposed to release a basic guide but afaik they haven't yet

* Some VC NES games also have multiplayer, this doesn't need game-specific patches but a little effort in romhacking both the main app and the download play remote app, of course 2nd player will need cfw too

6. Dionicio3
    OP

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I finally made the rom work with yellows non-edited patches. Now all I need to do is make a custom banner and other stuff.. BUT FINALLY.

7. flamerds

flamerds Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    Canada
    mmmm , Juicy. Good luck my dude