Hacking Creating a North American, non-XL New 3DS

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody lend me a hand with the whole injection thing? I think I'm doing something wrong.

I have one folder with

I try to run the following line using cmd

The result is output.bin, but yesterday I remember I opened the file with winimage, injected the SecureInfo_A and then reinjected the file again using this line

But today, the output.bin file seems corrupted, I've tried several times opening it with winimage but it just doesn't work. I formatted the emuNAND, dumped it with emuNANDtool1.0.3, and done the xorpad like 3 times (decrypt9 took like 2 hours to do it). Am I doing somethig wrong or missing something else? Thanks in advance, I'm pulling my hair trying to think what am I doing wrong.
Are you using the precompiled Decrypt9 made by Wowfunhappy? If so that one is broken, try compiling it yourself or use the one I precompiled somewhere on here

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Are you using the precompiled Decrypt9 made by Wowfunhappy? If so that one is broken, try compiling it yourself or use the one I precompiled somewhere on here
Nope, yesterday followed your pointers and used your download, and yesterday it worked (I even managed to boot the emuNAND like it was a USA one, but I had like 20 sysapps dupped and it was very unstable, exiting from games just crashed the console, exiting from sleep mode too, i couldn't update using either a rom or cias, and bringing up the keyboard also crashed the console).
I was tired so I just went to sleep but today it seems I forgot everything, because I did the same steps and now when I try to open the output.bin done with the python tool, it just doesn't open.
Anyway, did I did the correct steps to decrypt it or did I did something wrong? :wacko:
Help me please :cry:

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, yesterday followed your pointers and used your download, and yesterday it worked (I even managed to boot the emuNAND like it was a USA one, but I had like 20 sysapps dupped and it was very unstable, exiting from games just crashed the console, exiting from sleep mode too, i couldn't update using either a rom or cias, and bringing up the keyboard also crashed the console).
I was tired so I just went to sleep but today it seems I forgot everything, because I did the same steps and now when I try to open the output.bin done with the python tool, it just doesn't open.
Anyway, did I did the correct steps to decrypt it or did I did something wrong? :wacko:
Help me please :cry:
Did you delete anything other than Mii Plaza, Mii Maker, and AR games with BRM when you were preparing your EmuNAND? When I was doing the region swap I deleted those 3 SysTitles as well as all the other titles on the Home menu (Download Play, Nintendo Zome, etc.) except for system settings.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Did you delete anything other than Mii Plaza, Mii Maker, and AR games with BRM when you were preparing your EmuNAND? When I was doing the region swap I deleted those 3 SysTitles as well as all the other titles on the Home menu (Download Play, Nintendo Zome, etc.) except for system settings.
Nope, nothing else, I did the following

-installed BRM as cia in the emunand
-searched every one of those titles (Mii Plaza, AR games, Mii Maker)
-selected one, it took me to the "codename" (I don't know the name of the code)
-uninstalled one, press start, checked if the menu still showed the banner. If it showed it, back to the list and uninstall
-when I finished deleting those 3 titles, used BBM to install the cia pack downloaded via 3DSNUS (excluding the titles you also mentioned in the other guide)
when BBM finished, I extracted the emuNAND using emuNANDtool. Did I made a step wrong?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, nothing else, I did the following

when BBM finished, I extracted the emuNAND using emuNANDtool. Did I made a step wrong?
After installing the .cia's on BBM, did you enter systems settings and initiate a format? You appear to be missing that in your steps

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
After installing the .cia's on BBM, did you enter systems settings and initiate a format? You appear to be missing that in your steps
Yep, I mentioned it but didn't listed it as an step
I formatted the emuNAND, dumped it with emuNANDtool1.0.3, and done the xorpad like 3 times
Reading it again, it sounds a bit weird, but yes, I did it before dumping it.

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like BRM will successfully delete titles all the time if you wait until *AFTER* the region change format to do it. Had no issues getting rid of stuff by waiting until then.

After starting over fresh, everything is working fine aside from the greeting prompt crashing StreetPass Mii Plaza. I thought this might have been related to the bad word list title, but after installing both the 9.3 and 9.6 versions, no luck. Anyone know what it could be trying to pull up when that happens? Keyboard entry works fine everywhere else.

cmbeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just gone from 9.2j to 9.2u and noticed that my SecureInfo has changed from the A type to the B type. Has that happened to anyone else?

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went from a 9.2J to a 9.2E emunand and i have the same problem as toastytwo when i try to rename a folder the 3ds crash the same way. I installed the european keyboard and the problem remains on the home menu. However i have no problem when i use the keyboard in other applications it's just in home menu. I would like to remove the japanese keyboard but i do not know how to do this because BRM deletes the titles randomly

I have also reinstalled the european safe mode keyboard like suggested before but that didn't solve the problem

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been at this for almost 3 days straight now ._.; Would someone kindly teach me how to dump the nand xorpad from a New3DS J 9.2.0-20 x_x I tried following these guides but I just can't seem to get it. sorry if I am asking for help in the wrong section. I'm just at my wits end with this.~ I'm trying to make my N3DS EmuNand a USA ver.

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I assume you have Ninjhax up and running.
just start decrypt9.3dsx and press "Y"
If it fails, try it several times until it starts (really)

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I didn't find any information about this in the firmware serial numbers thread, but where are you all buying your Japanese small New 3DS to do this with? I'm considering Amazon since I have prime but I don't know if the stock there is safe.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I didn't find any information about this in the firmware serial numbers thread, but where are you all buying your Japanese small New 3DS to do this with? I'm considering Amazon since I have prime but I don't know if the stock there is safe.
Nippon Yasan, so far I ordered 4 consoles, all of them in 8.0.1, the last one I ordered was last week, I'm gonna share the serial and firmware version asap.

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I too, got mine from Nippon-Yasan~ as well.

***Edit***

I've been up all night trying to get this Decrypt9 to work on my N3DS 9.2.0-20J(EmuNand) but I keep getting a black screen. Not even exagerating this but I swear I've tried at least 40-60 times now and going~

So I just want to ask x_x; Can someone upload their Decrypt9.3dsx folder? Would muchly appriciate it Thank you~

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I too, got mine from Nippon-Yasan~ as well.

***Edit***

I've been up all night trying to get this Decrypt9 to work on my N3DS 9.2.0-20J(EmuNand) but I keep getting a black screen. Not even exagerating this but I swear I've tried at least 40-60 times now and going~

So I just want to ask x_x; Can someone upload their Decrypt9.3dsx folder? Would muchly appriciate it Thank you~

Not sure what's your problem. I used the one from there and worked the first time on my N3DS 9.0.0-20 AU/EU from the sysnand. (xorpads used to decrypt unlinked emunand and do the swap succesfully)

Reactions: sailor_moon

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what's your problem. I used the one from there and worked the first time on my N3DS 9.0.0-20 AU/EU from the sysnand. (xorpads used to decrypt unlinked emunand and do the swap succesfully)

Yeah I used this on my USA N3DSXL and it worked fine under 9.0.0 but it doesn't seem to work on my N3DS J Unit 9.2.0-20J, I'll just have to find another way or just wait it out~ Thanks for the reply though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo