Hacking Creating a North American, non-XL New 3DS

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know. Some people on this thread don't like helping each other.

People just don't like repeating the same thing so often. Everything you need is in here. Just do some reading instead of asking someone to do it for you.

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The FCC isn't proof of anything; I'd love it to be true, but I'm not convinced it's happening.

Also, I'm planning on making a tutorial if I can get everything working myself, including updates + eshop

thanks. i read the whole thread but i know im too noob to do it. im gonna get the n3ds bricked somehow. a tutorial for the common folk is the one thing this thread lacks of

gog3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, two more issues and I'll finally have this done.
Big Red menu isn't deleting anything, so I've still got duplicates on the home screen. Does anyone have any experience with BRM or is there another way to delete them?
I was a fool and left my N3DS in sleep mode last night with the internet still enabled, so I'm getting the update nag. Is there a way to stop it without resorting to recovering from a backup? My last backup was before I did the region swap.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
thanks. i read the whole thread but i know im too noob to do it. im gonna get the n3ds bricked somehow. a tutorial for the common folk is the one thing this thread lacks of
well its not a noob friendly process, you can write as many guides as you like, people will still f**k it up and then cry that the guide made them do it..........if your a "noob" don't mess with this kind of stuff

maybe once specific tools are developed that make it less risky, maybe then someone will make a noob friendly tutorial......but atm, i don't think anyone wants to as they will just get 101 "can you repeat it again, and again and again".

Reactions: tony_2018

cmbeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, two more issues and I'll finally have this done.
Big Red menu isn't deleting anything, so I've still got duplicates on the home screen. Does anyone have any experience with BRM or is there another way to delete them?
I was a fool and left my N3DS in sleep mode last night with the internet still enabled, so I'm getting the update nag. Is there a way to stop it without resorting to recovering from a backup? My last backup was before I did the region swap.

You just need to enter recovery mode by holding A+R+L+Up(DPad) while powering your 3ds on.

Reactions: gog3

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a rather simple way to resolve the amiibo issues and other minor problems like the home menu instruction manual not appearing. Region change like how you normally would but stay on 9.2 (so only download and install 9.2.0 cia's of your desired region). Find a ROM that has a firmware above 9.2 (Eg. Codename Steam) and enter GW mode while holding d-pad up. You will be able to enter EmuNAND and install updates that are packaged with the ROMs. For instance Codename Steam prompts for an update to 9.4.0 so I let it update the EmuNAND and it took me right up to 9.4.0-20U. From there you can go from 9.4.0-20U -> 9.5.0-23U by grabbing the 9.5 firmware files from UpdateCDN/3DNUS and installing the cia's like how you would for region swapping.

The cartridge updates appear to be installing something I'm probably just missing, but I'm just happy everything works perfectly now :). Thanks a ton everyone!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a rather simple way to resolve the amiibo issues and other minor problems like the home menu instruction manual not appearing. Region change like how you normally would but stay on 9.2 (so only download and install 9.2.0 cia's of your desired region). Find a ROM that has a firmware above 9.2 (Eg. Codename Steam) and enter GW mode while holding d-pad up. You will be able to enter EmuNAND and install updates that are packaged with the ROMs. For instance Codename Steam prompts for an update to 9.4.0 so I let it update the EmuNAND and it took me right up to 9.4.0-20U. From there you can go from 9.4.0-20U -> 9.5.0-23U by grabbing the 9.5 firmware files from UpdateCDN/3DNUS and installing the cia's like how you would for region swapping.

The cartridge updates appear to be installing something I'm probably just missing, but I'm just happy everything works perfectly now :). Thanks a ton everyone!

Great, thanks for posting your solution.

So it looks like all of the issues are resolved now. My internet issue is gone after redoing it and deleting only the following 3 titles to fix the freezing:

20E

Stupid question: for SwapConsole.3dsx, where do you actually put the files you want to swap in?

In the root of your internal micro SD, place your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (not actually used yet, you can just make an empty file) and SecureInfo_A.

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly related, but if one were to use a SecureInfo from a given US system, is it possible to move over StreetPass Plaza/Mii data to a converted N3DS with that same SecureInfo? We're pretty much stuck with not being able to System Transfer, but perhaps someone's toyed around with that data.

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly related, but if one were to use a SecureInfo from a given US system, is it possible to move over StreetPass Plaza/Mii data to a converted N3DS with that same SecureInfo? We're pretty much stuck with not being able to System Transfer, but perhaps someone's toyed around with that data.

I remember reading something about doing a manual system transfer, all done with decrypting a 3DS nand and then moving some files around. So, it should be possible, but then again, I remember that being done with OG 3DS, not N3DS.

Also, I know nothing about decrypting nand files, so take that with a grain of salt.

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

I have 3 3DS: a regular one where I have my eShop account (updated up to 9.2, then I used emunand to keep accessing eShop and my genuine catridges), an XL one with I used for GW and now I have a regular N3DS, could I use the secureinfo from the XL to change the region of my N3DS and then do a system transfer from the regular one?

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
583a6941f9.png
Notice how this makes literally no sense.

gog3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always mount the emuNAND again and delete the system apps from the titles folder.

Speaking of amiibos, can you actually go into the amiibo options and scan for them or do you happen to have an amiibo to test in a game? Mine doesn't function at all in SSB sadly

I just noticed this post. Sadly I don't have any amiibos so I can't help ya there.

I'll delete the needed titles from my mounted emuNAND, as big red menu just isn't working for me. Does anyone have a list of EUR titles to delete?

Edit: NVM, got it sorted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...