Hacking Creating a NNID on N3DS? (9.2/9.2 reinand)

derukun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Posted this on the 3dshacks subreddit but no one's replying and I need answers ASAP.

Hey guys. Just trying to figure out this shit so I can at least play online for some games.

I got a N3DS that is on 9.2 sysnand and modded with both rxtools and ReiNand. I'm using Reinand atm in 9.2 emunand and there is no NNID associated to either sysnand or emunand, nor have I ever made a NNID. First time owning a 3DS and I never set one up.

Sysnand and emunand are unlinked.

I'd like to create NNID on emunand, but when I launch it via system settings, it puts me back in sysnand.

I know there's a thread on here that has a little tutorial that involves going into FBI and changing to NAND directory and running the NNID settings launch title but it just hangs at "Launching title..." indefinitely.

Really not sure what the issue here is, everyone else seems to have had no problem launching NNID settings this way, but it just does not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

D

Deleted User

Didn't setting up an NNID require you to be on the latest FW? (e.g. 10.6) Are you sure they're unlinked? I just did one a few days ago. Rei 10.6.0-31, went to system settings, and tapped NNID Settings and configured it from there just fine.

derukun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it? I guess I could just system update to latest then (on emunand of course).

Nothing to really lose I guess.

D

Deleted User

Not 100% sure, but couldn't hurt to try in the case the NNID title is somehow f'd up on emunand. I'd make sure you're unlinked first though and make an emunand backup. Just make sure you have two folders in your Nintendo 3DS folder. I don't see why it would kick you back to sysNAND though.

Last edited by ,

derukun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I'm definitely unlinked. I confirmed it because it fixed my gift-wrap bug as well as changing my theme in emunand doesn't also change it in sysnand.

Anyway, I system updated my emunand to latest 10.6. and I'm about to set-up my NNID. Seems to be working now.

I guess this was more of an issue before as I started out on RXTools but even with RXtools now supporting 10.6 Reinand supports DS flashcarts so I'm glad I switched over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones