Hacking Crash Atmposhere 0.8.9

serpinu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good evening, I have a problem with this, when I launch a game and then I want to go on the album, crash it all. I leave the photo attached. thank you so much

Attachments

• 20190507_212130.jpg
    20190507_212130.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 448
Reactions: Chickenhat

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening, I have a problem with this, when I launch a game and then I want to go on the album, crash it all. I leave the photo attached. thank you so much

this happens to me a lot in the latest atmosphere. If I'm playing a game and I press home and then launch the album/HB launcher I get an immediate crash.

workaround: don't try to open hbmenu while playing a game.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
this happens to me a lot in the latest atmosphere. If I'm playing a game and I press home and then launch the album/HB launcher I get an immediate crash.

workaround: don't try to open hbmenu while playing a game.

That's not good for those who need the cheat function though.
OP I'd suggest you grab latest Kosmos package (8.0.1compatible, using AMS 0.8.9 and working fine)
Grab it here: https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch

serpinu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's your issue mate! I guess something's messing your setup. The guys of Kosmos thoroughly test their package which uses latest AMS release to make it smooth for users. I'd advise you to give it a go.
ok i'll try thanks

serpinu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's your issue mate! I guess something's messing your setup. The guys of Kosmos thoroughly test their package which uses latest AMS release to make it smooth for users. I'd advise you to give it a go.
i try and crash anyway

Chickenhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to chime in on this issue myself. I was using Kosmos exclusively untill MK 11's latest 1.0.3 update, just couldn't work on Kosmos. I tried several different "solutions" (such as downloading the es and fs patches, formating my SD card, re-downloading and installing multiple versions of the game and updates and God knows what else people were saying online), but none of the worked. I was told to try running it through stock Atmos and when I did that it managed to launch the game - but then the same issue as the OP happened. I wanted to activate cheats for MK11 in order to unlock some of the stages, characters and fatalities which were otherwise locked behind online, but every time I suspended the game and try to launch the homebrew menu (in stock Atmos) via the Album app Atmosphere crashes.

Kosmos is having issue with some newer games and updates, ReiNX has no cheat support and Atmos is crashing as described previously. So what now?

Reactions: serpinu

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want to chime in on this issue myself. I was using Kosmos exclusively untill MK 11's latest 1.0.3 update, just couldn't work on Kosmos. I tried several different "solutions" (such as downloading the es and fs patches, formating my SD card, re-downloading and installing multiple versions of the game and updates and God knows what else people were saying online), but none of the worked. I was told to try running it through stock Atmos and when I did that it managed to launch the game - but then the same issue as the OP happened. I wanted to activate cheats for MK11 in order to unlock some of the stages, characters and fatalities which were otherwise locked behind online, but every time I suspended the game and try to launch the homebrew menu (in stock Atmos) via the Album app Atmosphere crashes.

Kosmos is having issue with some newer games and updates, ReiNX has no cheat support and Atmos is crashing as described previously. So what now?

So for the record, which version of Kosmos were you using with MK 11? Because for me, MK 11 ran fine and i'm using Kosmos(The last one before 8.0 support). Both base game and all he updates ran without issues. And i also don't have these crashing issues with edizon

serpinu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i
So for the record, which version of Kosmos were you using with MK 11? Because for me, MK 11 ran fine and i'm using Kosmos(The last one before 8.0 support). Both base game and all he updates ran without issues. And i also don't have these crashing issues with edi
So for the record, which version of Kosmos were you using with MK 11? Because for me, MK 11 ran fine and i'm using Kosmos(The last one before 8.0 support). Both base game and all he updates ran without issues. And i also don't have these crashing issues with edizon
i'll try to use the last kosmos with fw 8.0.1 but crash anyway...

Chickenhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I was using Kosmos ver. 12.1 with firmware 7.0.1 when I was unable to launch the game after updating MK11 to 1.0.3. Beforehand on MK11 1.0.2, I could load the cheats when I was using Kosmos, but after I couldn't get the update to work on that I updated my firmware to 8.0.0 and used Kosmos 12.1.2 (still didn't work then). Now I am using stock Atmos which a least lets me play MK11 with 1.0.3, but I run into the crashing when I try to launch homebrew from the Album when I have the game suspended.

What exact firmware are you on and what version of Kosmos are you using, because I can try downgrading and using your version?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was using Kosmos ver. 12.1 with firmware 7.0.1 when I was unable to launch the game after updating MK11 to 1.0.3. Beforehand on MK11 1.0.2, I could load the cheats when I was using Kosmos, but after I couldn't get the update to work on that I updated my firmware to 8.0.0 and used Kosmos 12.1.2 (still didn't work then). Now I am using stock Atmos which a least lets me play MK11 with 1.0.3, but I run into the crashing when I try to launch homebrew from the Album when I have the game suspended.

What exact firmware are you on and what version of Kosmos are you using, because I can try downgrading and using your version?

I'm on 7.0.1. AFAIK there is no new keys on 8.0 so when you install updates just select the "ignore firmware" option and it should work just fine. As for my Kosmos version it's V11.11.1

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Using atmosphere isn't "an issue".

Reactions: bad361

Chickenhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 7.0.1. AFAIK there is no new keys on 8.0 so when you install updates just select the "ignore firmware" option and it should work just fine. As for my Kosmos version it's V11.11.1

I'll try downgrading back to 7.0.1 and using ver. 11.1.1 of Kosmos to see if that might work. I used to always "ignore firmware version" when istalling nps files, but I remember I was having an issue with some newer games. I have re-formatted my SD card, so I doubt that there would be any file mismatch when I try this. Ether way - I'll get back to you tomorrow with my results.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll try downgrading back to 7.0.1 and using ver. 11.1.1 of Kosmos to see if that might work. I used to always "ignore firmware version" when istalling nps files, but I remember I was having an issue with some newer games. I have re-formatted my SD card, so I doubt that there would be any file mismatch when I try this. Ether way - I'll get back to you tomorrow with my results.

You probably had issues because 6.2 and 7.0.1 have different keys. 7.0.1 and 8.0.0 don't so even with more recent games/update just ignoring firmware should be fine

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i launch a normal game like zelda botw, and then if i want to open album and i want open edizon i can't beacuse crash the switch like in the image.

I'm on 8.0.1 (AMS 0.8.9) and I just ran super mario odyssey, pressed home, held r button and selected album. I was able to launch choidujournx, exit and go back to super mario odyssey without crashing.

I don't have botw, but maybe it's running out of memory. It should probably be opened as an issue on github.

serpinu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on 8.0.1 (AMS 0.8.9) and I just ran super mario odyssey, pressed home, held r button and selected album. I was able to launch choidujournx, exit and go back to super mario odyssey without crashing.

I don't have botw, but maybe it's running out of memory. It should probably be opened as an issue on github.
all my games do that... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr