Crappy bgm in 3ds theme

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Luisgi, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Luisgi
    OP

Luisgi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Hey, I'm working on some themes, but the music quality is so crappy. Anyway to improve it? the songs I'm using in mp3 are like 4 megas, then the size is 14,000 kb (In the HQ version)

I know the limit is 3.33 mb, so there is a way to fit something good in that crappy quality?

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    maybe you can do something in audacity. Maybe increase the project rate, or volume, or something.

3. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Try to keep a 44100mhz sample rate if possible, but you might benefit from changing the tracks from Stereo to Mono.
    Also try and make an organic loop rather than just dumping an entire song in there. In Audacity if you highlight a selection and press Shift+Space, it will play that section on loop so you can try and get a seamless loop. You can then export that selection as a .wav file.

4. vyp

vyp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I'd suggest something like audacity then make sure you adjust the sample rate(I usually do 32000hz). Also make sure the length of the song isn't too long or else the file will be too big.

5. Luisgi
    OP

Luisgi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016

FYI, If I use the hq version the 3ds reproduces it fine, but suddenly it begins to repeat like a damaged disc

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The song is 3 minutes and something

6. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    if its 3 min it wont work unless its crap quality. if you can edit some parts out

7. Luisgi
    OP

Luisgi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    I see, thanks a lot to everyone!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What's the shortest length the song can be?

8. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    if you keep it around 1:30 or under you should be good

Luisgi likes this.
  9. Luisgi
    OP

Luisgi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Just to informate, the length was not the problem :D I was able to have the whole song with less volume but I don't give a damn :D

I'll upload it if you want it :D