Homebrew Crappy bgm in 3ds theme

Luisgi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm working on some themes, but the music quality is so crappy. Anyway to improve it? the songs I'm using in mp3 are like 4 megas, then the size is 14,000 kb (In the HQ version)

I know the limit is 3.33 mb, so there is a way to fit something good in that crappy quality?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm working on some themes, but the music quality is so crappy. Anyway to improve it? the songs I'm using in mp3 are like 4 megas, then the size is 14,000 kb (In the HQ version)

I know the limit is 3.33 mb, so there is a way to fit something good in that crappy quality?

maybe you can do something in audacity. Maybe increase the project rate, or volume, or something.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try to keep a 44100mhz sample rate if possible, but you might benefit from changing the tracks from Stereo to Mono.
Also try and make an organic loop rather than just dumping an entire song in there. In Audacity if you highlight a selection and press Shift+Space, it will play that section on loop so you can try and get a seamless loop. You can then export that selection as a .wav file.

vyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd suggest something like audacity then make sure you adjust the sample rate(I usually do 32000hz). Also make sure the length of the song isn't too long or else the file will be too big.

Luisgi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

FYI, If I use the hq version the 3ds reproduces it fine, but suddenly it begins to repeat like a damaged disc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The song is 3 minutes and something

Luisgi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, thanks a lot to everyone!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the shortest length the song can be?

Luisgi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to informate, the length was not the problem :D I was able to have the whole song with less volume but I don't give a damn :D

I'll upload it if you want it :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1