OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cquake updated (27th July 2008).
New features and bugfixes.
elhobbs has continued to work on Cquake (a quake port for the DS with this one aiming for lower memory requirements) and has released a new version.

boxshot-quake.jpg

This version features crosshair, on screen keyboard and rumble support for the ezflash 3in1 as well as a fixed lookspring.

icon11.gif
 GBAdev discussion thread
download.gif
 project homepage and downloads

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thatsit said:
I'm sorry, but how do you enable the crosshair?
Dunno, seems like there still isn't a crosshair, but the mini virtual keyboard is nice. Also I didn't notice you could bind doubletap before so now I have jump on it like in MPH. Now just to add ad-hoc multiplayer and a way to enable the crosshair and it's gonna be brilliant.

Also I've noticed my 3in1 doesn't rumble, are only the newer versions supported?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
thatsit said:
I'm sorry, but how do you enable the crosshair?
Dunno, seems like there still isn't a crosshair, but the mini virtual keyboard is nice. Also I didn't notice you could bind doubletap before so now I have jump on it like in MPH. Now just to add ad-hoc multiplayer and a way to enable the crosshair and it's gonna be brilliant.

Also I've noticed my 3in1 doesn't rumble, are only the newer versions supported?
since the rumble is 3in1 specific, it has to be turned on in the cquake.ini file. the readme_cquake.txt file has the details.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Made a few shots for those that are curious about the looks. Of course it looks a bit better when you're actually playing it that through the lens of my crappy camera
smile.gif

cquake1hw9.jpg
cquake2nx4.jpg
cquake3dp5.jpg

cquake4lg4.jpg
cquake5rm9.jpg
cquake6xf6.jpg

Notice the nice vertex-shaded world geometry.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
it works with Quake I as I know.

DAMN, this one is FAAAAAAAAR better than QuakeDS, QuakeDS uses my SLOT-2, takes much more to load and is far slower than this one, I was really amazed at first two levels of episode 1 but at the start of level 3, I saved my game and FPS dropped to 6 suddenly!
frown.gif

another thing, wish it could save your control settings, everytime setting those bind commands is uhh.

very impressed.

@Thug:its default controls was shit, how did you find it out like MPH?

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alastair said:
MagNetCZ said:
Did you read the instructions? It's off by default.

Did you read the posts above? I got it running already, thanks to elhobbs.

QUOTE(test84 @ Jul 28 2008, 10:27 PM)
DAMN, this one is FAAAAAAAAR better than QuakeDS, QuakeDS uses my SLOT-2, takes much more to load and is far slower than this one, I was really amazed at first two levels of episode 1 but at the start of level 3, I saved my game and FPS dropped to 6 suddenly!
frown.gif
Yeah in some levels the framerate's pretty abysmal, first level of the second episode is pretty much the same.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yep, I managed to pass the E1L3 and levels after that are much better.
A strange thing happened though, When I came back to play moar, my save game was lost and there was this save game BEFORE the last one!
(and guess where it was? at worst place possible, E1L3)

and does Save Setting work for you guiz?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill