• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both sides deny science whenever it suits them, and science isn't the talking head on your fav cable news channel...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are talking about science, the way it works is that someone comes up with a theory and then they test it out to see what is true. Tribal folk from all walks of life cant grasp this at all.
There isn’t a “both sides,” this has been between people who are listening to professionals and people who believe conspiracies without creditable sources.
Calling something reliable. Doesn't make it reliable. Look up Kary mullis.
Actually that is exactly what has been going on, shockingly enough.
Decided to entertain you and found out that he’s being misquoted by idiots online
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN24420X

Last edited by The Catboy,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reuters totally unreliable..Who fact checks the fact checkers.
https://fullfact.org/online/pcr-test-mullis/
https://www.thejournal.ie/kary-mullis-pcr-testing-factcheck-debunk-hse-5271830-Nov2020/?amp=1
https://www.aap.com.au/pcr-inventor...y-his-test-wont-work-for-covid-19-infections/
That’s just some of the results from Googling and no results backing up the false claim. Please provide a source to back your claims, I did my part and actually googled him.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both sides deny science whenever it suits them, and science isn't the talking head on your fav cable news channel...

If you are talking about science, the way it works is that someone comes up with a theory and then they test it out to see what is true. Tribal folk from all walks of life cant grasp this at all.
Not exactly. Scientists come up with a hypothesis, test it, and if it's well-established to be true, it becomes a scientific theory/fact.

Please give me a specific example of "my side" denying science. I am a skeptic first and foremost, and I don't deny science.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
https://fullfact.org/online/pcr-test-mullis/
https://www.thejournal.ie/kary-mullis-pcr-testing-factcheck-debunk-hse-5271830-Nov2020/?amp=1
https://www.aap.com.au/pcr-inventor...y-his-test-wont-work-for-covid-19-infections/
That’s just some of the results from Googling and no results backing up the false claim. Please provide a source to back your claims, I did my part and actually googled him.[/QUOTE
Instead of looking up these shady websites. Look up the actual source, and like I said use your brain.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Instead of looking up these shady websites. Look up the actual source, and like I said use your brain.
Provide the sources or be dismissed, I did my end of the deal and looked him up. Either you have sources for your claims or your claims complete garbage and you should be disregarded.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I told you to look up kary mullis speaking yourself. Not "debunking' websites.
I did, why can’t you provide you own sources? I showed proof of me doing as you requested, why can’t you do the same?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Lacius I don't mind you giving me some medical advice!
I get carsick when I read in the car, what can I do?
Have you tried not doing that? Just tell motion sickness to stop. I don’t know how human biology works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: cearp and KingVamp

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I've already provided a few.

The false dilemma of "take the shot or you are killing people" is still utter shit btw.

The survival rate before the vaccine was overall between everyone sitting at 99.8%. I wonder what it is now that the vaccine has been released. This not-so-deadly illness was used as a tactic for mass control and look how easily people allowed themselves to be sheep. It's sad really.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,
Reactions: BitMasterPlus

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not exactly. Scientists come up with a hypothesis, test it, and if it's well-established to be true, it becomes a scientific theory/fact.

Please give me a specific example of "my side" denying science. I am a skeptic first and foremost, and I don't deny science.
GMOs, nuclear power, male-female differences and normally anti vaccine folks are left wing. Its all related to confirmation bias, people just deny what they don't want to be true. You also have to remember a large portion of social scientists are self proclaimed Marxists, Marxist theories are often easy to spot because they read more like parables from the bible than an actual scientific study. It's actually scary how mainstream anti science from the left is, you cant even question their theories without being attacked.

I also want to note that mainstream media only pretends to be left wing, they only look that way compared to lets say Newsmax or Fox News. They love this illusion, then you can't go further left then they are without being crazy (this is also why they like to focus on social issues their sponsors don't actually care about).

Last edited by kevin corms,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already provided a few.

The false dilemma of "take the shot or you are killing people" is still utter shit btw.
If you don't take the shot, you are dramatically increasing the odds of contracting the virus and spreading it to others. If you're spreading it to others, you are in fact potentially causing people to get sick and die. Those are facts.

GMOs, nuclear power, male-female differences and normally anti vaccine folks are left wing. Its all related to confirmation bias, people just deny what they don't want to be true. You also have to remember a large portion of social scientists are self proclaimed Marxists, Marxist theories are often easy to spot because they read more like parables from the bible than an actual scientific study. It's actually scary how mainstream anti science from the left is, you cant even question their theories without being attacked.

I also want to note that mainstream media only pretends to be left wing, they only look that way compared to lets say Newsmax or Fox News. They love this illusion, then you can't go further left then they are without being crazy (this is also why they like to focus on social issues their sponsors don't actually care about).
COVID-19 anti-vaxxers are disproportionately right-wing.

Please give me an example where I have denied science.

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you don't take the shot, you are dramatically increasing the odds of contracting the virus and spreading it to others

This is a fake fact. Not taking the shot doesn't increase odds. This false logic is the crux of your false dilemma of "take the shot or you are killing people", which is utter shit.

Not investing in Gamestop made me poor. :(

I mean... I mean... relatively. Please don't be so disingenuous and argue for the sake of arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol