• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia is unbiased. Trump's Wikipedia page covers numerous scandals, for example, because Trump had numerous scandals. Breitbart, however, has a high right-wing bias. Your post is as ironic as it is hypocritical.

You are free to post whatever you want to Wikipedia as long as it's unbiased, supported by evidence, and the evidence is cited.

Most importantly, your post does nothing to argue against what I've said.

Last edited by Lacius,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Wikipedia is unbiased. Trump's Wikipedia page covers numerous scandals, for example, because Trump had numerous scandals. Breitbart, however, has a high right-wing bias. Your post is as ironic as it is hypocritical.

You are free to post whatever you want to Wikipedia as long as it's unbiased, supported by evidence, and the evidence is cited.

Most importantly, your post does nothing to argue against what I've said.
Ehm, did you read the original article?

Political DC is wide awake on social medias censorship potential, after the Hunter Biden story got flattened within two days. You will hear more criticism in the days to come.

Last edited by notimp,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehm, did you read the original article?

Political DC is wide awake on social medias censorship potential, after the Hunter Biden story got flattened within two days. You will hear more criticism in the days to come.
I read the article. It was a lot of whining about injustices and biases on Wikipedia that aren't actually there.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I read the article. It was a lot of whining about injustices and biases on Wikipedia that aren't actually there.
Objectively - maybe not (also mentioned in the article), but they arent there at all. As in, no mention.
Thats an issue.

Want to write the history book, that leaves out 50% of what happened?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Insufferable" is a quality one shouldn't want to be, dude. While we are talking about desirable and undesirable traits, we should also care about savings lives, even strangers' lives.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Objectively - maybe not (also mentioned in the article), but they arent there at all. As in, no mention.
Thats an issue.

Want to write the history book, that leaves out 50% of what happened?
You need to be more specific, because I have no idea what you're taking issue with.

Wikipedia is the greatest compendium of information on the planet. Its standards of evidence are high, and it deals with objective facts, not opinions. It does not have widespread biases.

Reactions: gamefan5

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait until one year after 75% of the US has had the vaccine.
Of course, that may never happen.

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust the vaccine. What if it has long term side effects? What if it doesn't work and then there is another vaccine that I will be pressured to take?
Why dont everyone high risk take a two year vacation somewhere and everyone else get back to normal.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust the vaccine. What if it has long term side effects? What if it doesn't work and then there is another vaccine that I will be pressured to take?
The vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective, and you won't be pressured to get another vaccine unless there ends up being a future strain that requires a future vaccine.

Why dont everyone high risk take a two year vacation somewhere and everyone else get back to normal.
Don't be a moron.
  1. Anybody can get COVID-19.
  2. While rare, anyone can get seriously sick or die from COVID-19.
  3. There's nowhere on Earth one can reasonably go to get away from COVID-19.
  4. Traveling, not to mention putting high-risk people together somewhere, are bad ideas in the middle of a pandemic.
Wear a mask, socially distance, and get vaccinated. Don't be a petulant asshole.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective, and you won't be pressured to get another vaccine unless there ends up being a future strain that requires a future vaccine.
A safe and effective vaccine for a virus released less than a year after the virus was developed is medically unfeasible.

Reactions: Glyptofane

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A safe and effective vaccine for a virus released less than a year after the virus was developed is medically unfeasible.
It's not infeasible, but it's true there could be long ranging side effects we don't know about

But it's also true it could be completely safe

We won't know definitively for a while

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an essential worker so I probably have already got the virus by now and been long over it. I doubt I'll be getting the vaccine, probably am allergic to it.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Wikipedia is the greatest compendium of information on the planet. Its standards of evidence are high, and it deals with objective facts, not opinions. It does not have widespread biases.
In general, overall, or on specific articles. ;) Because thats a big claim to make.. ;)

The blogpost states, that any of the 'controversies' around Obamas terms are missing from his Wikipedia page, while all of the ones for Trump are present. You can contextualize them as 'widely speculative' or 'not objectifyable', but to simply leave them off the persons page? While on the next POTUS you have his page littered with them, I'd say warrants a discussion about method. :)

Nothing against Wikipedia per se, most longterm maintainers are very devoted and at least trying to leave personal biases out. Sometimes.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you learn how RNA vaccines are developed. We've had it since January, since all you need is the genetic sequence of the virus to make it (which was released in mid-January).

Your ignorance doesn't give you an excuse to post nonsense. If you don't understand something, research it before typing what you feel is correct. You will come off as less of a smug idiot.

It's not infeasible, but it's true there could be long ranging side effects we don't know about

But it's also true it could be completely safe

We won't know definitively for a while
The vaccines are demonstrably safe and effective. Nobody should put off getting the vaccine for fear that they aren't.

In general, overall, or on specific articles. ;) Because thats a big claim to make.. ;)

The blogpost states, that any of the 'controversies' around Obamas terms are missing from his Wikipedia page, while all of the ones for Trump are present. You can contextualize them as 'widely speculative' or 'not objectifyable', but to simply leave them off the persons page? While on the next POTUS you have his page littered with them, I'd say warrants a discussion about method. :)

Nothing against Wikipedia per se, most longterm maintainers are very devoted and at least trying to leave personal biases out. Sometimes.. ;)
If there were evidence for the missing Obama controversies, they would not be missing. It's not rocket science.

If you're looking for Obama controversies, here they are:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Obama_administration_controversies

Respectfully, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really believe Americans gotten soft..
People have easily forgotten the Tragedies of the past.
POLIO had killed and crippled millions, a crude vaccine was created and Polio is "literally" WIPE from the Western world. NO more Iron lungs...
But now people are bitching now about taking a shot that is million times more advance. We can destroy Covid in just a few year and heck This tech can be used for countless other diseases.
But instead you decide its your RIGHT to die from Measles and and put everyone next to you at risk because you don't believe in science.

Last edited by djpannda,

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really believe Americans gotten soft..
People have easily forgotten the Tragedies of the past.
POLIO had killed and crippled millions, a crude vaccine was created and Polio is "literally" WIPE from the Western world. NO more Iron lungs...
But now people are bitching now about taking a shot that is million times more advance. We can destroy Covid in just a few year and heck This tech can be used for countless other diseases.
But instead you decide its your RIGHT to die from Measles and and put everyone next to you at risk because you don't believe in science.
Insane, isn’t it? It is further proof that when faced against a common threat, we won’t be able to support our species because a great deal of people have no sense of community.

Reactions: 6adget and Lacius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1