• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And I shall answer.
Seatbelts protect the person wearing them. Masks don't.
Helmets protect the person wearing them. Masks don't.
If pants are no longer mandated, people will still wear them. Evidence: shirts and shoes.
masks do too, more importantly protecting others.
i didnt ask about pants, i asked about clothes in general

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strangers aren't my responsibility.
No other articles of clothing are mandated by law.
they are when youre affecting their health and they are affecting yours.
what about topless women for example? either way there are enough people that would walk around naked if they could but even they arent calling it or having to wear masks "slavery". you live a pretty sheltered life even coming to a conclusion like that

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangers aren't my responsibility.
No other articles of clothing are mandated by law.
Masks protect you and they protect others. Seatbelts only protect you. Masks protect against an infectious disease with a 1% fatality rate. Seatbelts protect against an occurrence that happens far less than 1% of 1% of the time.

The idea that you have no responsibility to protect the lives of strangers is why you need to grow up. You're a petulant child. The lives of others around you are indeed your responsibility.

Governments mandate the uses of helmets, seatbelts, and also clothes in general. The idea that masks are somehow different is absurd and demonstrably incorrect.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masks protect you and they protect others. Seatbelts only protect you. Masks protect against an infectious disease with a 1% fatality rate. Seatbelts protect against an occurrence that happens far less than 1% of 1% of the time.

The idea that you have no responsibility to protect the lives of strangers is why you need to grow up. You're a petulant child. The lives of others around you are indeed your responsibility.

Governments mandate the uses of helmets, seatbelts, and also clothes in general. The idea that masks are somehow different is absurd and demonstrably incorrect.
Only one hazard is temporary. If you give up your freedom, the only way to get it back is through violence.
they are when youre affecting their health and they are affecting yours.
what about topless women for example? either way there are enough people that would walk around naked if they could but even they arent calling it or having to wear masks "slavery". you live a pretty sheltered life even coming to a conclusion like that
I'm homeschooled. I don't get out much.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one hazard is temporary. If you give up your freedom, the only way to get it back is through violence.

I'm homeschooled. I don't get out much.
Whether or not one hazard is temporary is completely irrelevant. While it's here, we have things like mask mandates. When it's gone, we won't. Once again, your point is irrelevant.

Reactions: gamefan5

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not one hazard is temporary is completely irrelevant. While it's here, we have things like mask mandates. When it's gone, we won't. Once again, your point is irrelevant.
I guarantee that long after COVID is gone, we'll still have mask mandates, and you'll defend them because "we don't want it to happen again".

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Falun dafa seeks nothing but (religious) freedom in china and are being actively persecuted
I think you misspelled their name, but I know who you mean. They turned out to be separatist forces who joins others (in China, esp. Taiwan, and foreign entities) to split China up into pieces.
Guess what the US government will do to separatist forces. They will crush them as seen in the civil war.
Around the same time there was actually a 20-100 times worse civil war raging in China, sparked by a religious revolution (of foreign origin). It is therefore no wonder that the Chinese people seek unity above all else and are less in favor of defending the idea of religious freedom.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely.
I work with elderly immunocompromised individuals, my job is to make sure they're healthy and safe.

My job was approved for Phase 1A, unfortunately, we have a couple positive cases in my family at the moment though. I wasn't in direct contact with them but I was in contact with a couple other family members who were in contact with the ones who tested positive. So I have to wait for their test results to come back before I can go back to work and get the vaccination. No symptoms on my end though and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Plus, since I'll be vaccinated, maybe I can finally go and visit my fiancee who I haven't seen in over a year thanks to all this. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by NeSchn,
D

Deleted User

I don't like wearing facemasks but support mandatory facemasks.

Facemasks are uncomfortable and ugly and I suspect they do little to protect you against facial recognition software*.

But given they reduce the transmission of the coronavirus, everyone who does not have a medical exemption (people with respiratory conditions and rape victims) should wear one.

* Facial recognition software goes beyond just the face. The combination of your hair, clothes, skin tone, height and gait is probably enough to give you away.
And the coronavirus itself is linked to erectile dysfunction. Text bolded by myself, the article you linked to says:
“We’re evaluating the sperm parameters and quality before the vaccine and after the vaccine. From the biology of the COVID vaccine we believe it shouldn’t affect fertility but we want to do the study to make sure that man who want to have kids in the future to assure them it’s safe to go ahead and get the vaccine,” Ramasamy [lead researcher in the study] said.
Potential side-effects of vaccines should be monitored and included in risk-assessments. They are not an excuse to outright refuse to vaccinate.

You retracted your claim that the vaccine is proven to negatively affect male fertility, but your phrase "but still" indicates you are still clinging onto this argument, despite the article you linked to indicating it probably wont.

Last edited by ,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Now it will played over/with the "Church"/Religion"....

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3082394/

He said:
"Vaccine Refusers are like little Children and he has no understandings for them and their "conspiracy theories".

The only Answer I can give him is "F**k you !"

Please leave us alone.We also accept the people who wants the Vaccination.
But no,Refusers are treated like "Criminals" actual..

Everybody is free to decide (at the Moment") but People like him makes actually "Statements"which reminds painfully on the Third Reich....but of course,for GOD we are all EQUAL.....

D

Deleted User

Now it will played over/with the "Church"/Religion"....

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3082394/

He said:
"Vaccine Refusers are like little Children and he has no understandings for them and their "conspiracy theories".

The only Answer I can give him is "F**k you !"

Please leave us alone.We also accept the people who wants the Vaccination.
But no,Refusers are treated like "Criminals" actual..

Everybody is free to decide (at the Moment") but People like him makes actually "Statements"which reminds painfully on the Third Reich....but of course,for GOD we are all EQUAL.....
You can cherry-pick whichever bible quotes or Christian values you want to support your opinion.

I would argue good Christians will behave in a way which respects other people's personal safety. This means good Christians socially distance, wash their hands and wear masks. When a vaccine which prevents them from transmitting the disease is available they will take it.

Last edited by ,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can cherry-pick whichever bible quotes or Christian values you want to support your opinion.

I would argue good Christians will behave in a way which respects other people's personal safety. This means good Christians socially distance, wash their hands and wear masks. When a vaccine which prevents them from transmitting the disease is available they will take it.
"Good Christians don't think for themselves."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: