Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Soma Cruz said:
I am sorry to ask but does commercial rom-loading work on acekard or not?(akaio 5.1)

Nope, I did try, but the loader doesn't like akaio much at all. Sorry.
Possibly overwriting /__aio/ak2_sd.dldi with /__ak2/ak2_sd.dldi works.

# My ysloader (nds.yslaunch.nds http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2583434 ) tries to use /__ak2/ak2_sd.dldi if patched-dldi's friendlyName is Acekard AK2 (means AKAIO).

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
spinal_cord said:
Soma Cruz said:
I am sorry to ask but does commercial rom-loading work on acekard or not?(akaio 5.1)

Nope, I did try, but the loader doesn't like akaio much at all. Sorry.
Possibly overwriting /__aio/ak2_sd.dldi with /__ak2/ak2_sd.dldi works.

# My ysloader (nds.yslaunch.nds http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2583434 ) tries to use /__ak2/ak2_sd.dldi if patched-dldi's friendlyName is Acekard AK2 (means AKAIO).

Xenon++ - How are you going to do that. I already tried to patch with it and other AKAIO...but still not working.....

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Here is the next update -
DScovery

Also and updated covers and data folder, not essential but highly recommended -
Covers + data

update 14/02/10
-= Windows app =-
Fixed bug in colour reduction that caused low colour images to convert to greyscale.
Changed filename legth limit from 32 to 256 characters

-= DS app =-
Added favorites menu
Added Add + Remove from favorites
Will jump to last loaded game on startup

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I try to load a game (using SDHC) the top screen turns pink and the bottom screen freezes. When I try to load the game outside of DScovered the save file is broken (often down to 1kb)

Edit: is there any way of changing the file so it uses the moonshell2 loader?

J8son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having trouble getting the Coverflow app to load correctly on my DS. Here is my setup:

1) I received my DSTT Flash Cart last week and installed the latest TTMenu and a handful of DS games to my formated 2 gig MicroSD card. Everything is working great via the file browser.

2) I copied the Coverflow DS files to the root of my SD Card (IE: E:\DScovered.nds and E:\system). The Coverflow app appeared in the file browser but would not load (I would get the same pink error screen mentioned earlier).

3) Then, after some research, I followed a tutorial on how to install the YSMenu as my kernel since this is apparently necessary to get Coverflow to load correctly. I'm now able to load the program with no error, however no games are present in the coverflow view (I have already attached thumbnails to the DS games using the included Windows based app).

What am I doing wrong at this point? I'm also assuming I don't need to do any sort of DLDI patching for my DSTT card correct?

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the only way to get this to work on any flash card is to use a 2gb MICRO OR LOWER
I was having all the problems on a 4gb and 8gb then I switched to a 2gb micro and everything worked.

I used the same setup on every card hope this helps.

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spinal,

How do you compile your loader? I tried to modify your loader to call acekard loader instead of ysmenu. Please help....

Lanulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After quite a bit of effort, I've finally given up on getting this to work with an original R4. I'm absolutely positive this isn't a clone, as they simply didn't exist when I bought it.

I can reproduce both screens that Mantis41 has experienced through both stock firmware and ysmenu. When manually patched, DSCovered wont start at all, it only reaches the corrupted looking screen. If the R4 auto-patches it, it'll start completely, but you'll only get as far as the pink screen when you try to launch a ROM. It seems this is somewhat of a Catch-22, the app wont load with the correct DLDI patch and the loader wont work with the one that actually works.

It's a shame, this looks like a nifty little app.

J8son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As my questions above indicated, I need a simple set of install instructions to get this up and running for a first time user. I've never used this app and only started using a DS Flash Cart at all during the last week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated