Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
the first screenshot just looks like some of the skin files are missing, but I have no clue about the second one.
Is your R4 a genuine one?
I don't think a different version of ysmenu would make any difference.
Thanks again spinal cord. I'm pretty sure my R4 is orig. I purchased it a long time ago. It is one of the old white ones with the spring loaded SD slot that tends to crap out from time to time.

The loader does run up ok and I can flick backwards and forwards through the cover art. It is only when I try to load a game that I get the pink screen shown in my previous post. The corrupted screen shot occurs as soon as the loader has been run if I dldi patch it.

Skin folder looks like this:
contentst.jpg

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After DLDI patching it, Everything appears to be running correctly, but on the bottom screen there's no cover-flow and it just says unknown (AceKard2i)

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same thing.....

Cluny Posted Today, 03:31 AM
After DLDI patching it, Everything appears to be running correctly, but on the bottom screen there's no cover-flow and it just says unknown (AceKard2i)

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
Mantis41 said:
spinal_cord said:
I just had a look through the code, the only part I can find that might be doing that, is where it saves the name and checked status for each file.
Are you by any chance running DScovery from a read only folder?

I am running DScovery from the desktop which is probably a bad idea. I'll move it to a better location and try again.

Thanks

I just noticed, there is no check to see if the data folder (or the cover folder for that matter) exist. Next time you test, tray adding (if they are not there) a 'data' folder and 'covers' folder in the same location ad DScovery.exe

There wasn't a data folder with the download.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Anyone getting only 'unknown' on the bottom screen...

This is because the card has not updated properly though DScovery.exe. DScovery creates a list of all the file which you want to display in the coverflow, for some reason this has not worked properly. If you have a look at the file system/files.dat in notpad (or similar) it should contain a list of codes, either 32 or 4 characters long. If it does not, the run DScovery again and update the card.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:

This is because the card has not updated properly though DScovery.exe. DScovery creates a list of all the file which you want to display in the coverflow, for some reason this has not worked properly. If you have a look at the file system/files.dat in notpad (or similar) it should contain a list of codes, either 32 or 4 characters long. If it does not, the run DScovery again and update the card.
Also, don't forget to manually add a data folder on your PC before running DScovery.exe:
QUOTE(spinal_cord @ Feb 6 2010, 09:43 AM) I just noticed, there is no check to see if the data folder (or the cover folder for that matter) exist. Next time you test, tray adding (if they are not there) a 'data' folder and 'covers' folder in the same location ad DScovery.exe

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
@Mantis:I get the same problem as you, it all runs properly (all of the skin files) until I run a game then the top screen turns pink apart from the icons and the bottom screen freezes

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
@Mantis:I get the same problem as you, it all runs properly (all of the skin files) until I run a game then the top screen turns pink apart from the icons and the bottom screen freezes
I guess it is possible I have a non genuine R4. I have not had any troubles until now, except for the SD slot which can be fixed by squeezing the cartridge slightly to get the SD card to lock in.

I tried a new installation of YSmenu using the following tutorial but had the same result
frown.gif

I Have just tried original r4 firmware 1.18 and several versions of ysmenu ranging from v07 to v12. All have identical results when running patched and un-patched versions of DScovered.nds as shown in my previous posts. It looks as if the problem is more to do with the old R4v1 cartridge I am using than the firmware being used.

I guess I will just have to be patient and see if future updates fix the problem or alternatively I could finally retire the R4 and buy an acekard. Does anyone know a good place to buy one online in the UK?

Cluny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:

there is no files.dat

and every time i try to update the card i get an error part way thru that there are illegal characters in the path

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spinal, What is the setting, information and favorites for. i try to check it out but cannot access those. am I doing something wrong?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
Spinal, What is the setting, information and favorites for. i try to check it out but cannot access those. am I doing something wrong?
If you read the thread, he notes that those are not yet programmed, the they are for "Settings", "ROM Information", and "Favorite ROMS/GAMES" respectively...

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Valguerra said:
I got the same thing a few pages back, you will have to back up all your files and reformat your microsd

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Spinal, is it possible to put a rearranging function into the win application? What I mean is to change the order of the files when being displayed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D