Hacking Coverflow demo

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobinc said:
i'm in too if you need someone to test, i'm working only 20hours a week at the moment so alot of spare time , tv tuner so can make nice video for future
tongue.gif

unemployed here lol

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hehe very nice loader people will be impress by this cover flow speed, very nice touch from Hibern

i'm on 3.2u ios rev 10 , work just great, only problem i seem so far was with preloader not beeing able to use the dol correctly , the cover dont show correctly in preloader 0.29 , and get dump code when trying to go back to the the main menu from preloader, the other thing i cannot make my cover show for my NTSC game , i will look to see if i can fix that, right know i'm at work so will see if i can't find wii NTSC covers don't show,

maybe there should be an option in the main setting to choose if you want to force ntsc , system defauls , force pal50 pal 60, so you dont have to do it for every game

beside those tiny thing ,

PERFECT WORK !!!

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably don't need any more testers, but I've got vacation until Monday and I'm a very nitpicky / detail oriented guy, so I might be able to come with some constructive criticism if there's anything to put a finger on.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobinc said:
hehe very nice loader people will be impress by this cover flow speed, very nice touch from Hibern

i'm on 3.2u ios rev 10 , work just great, only problem i seem so far was with preloader not beeing able to use the dol correctly , the cover dont show correctly in preloader 0.29 , and get dump code when trying to go back to the the main menu from preloader, the other thing i cannot make my cover show for my NTSC game , i will look to see if i can fix that, right know i'm at work so will see if i can't find wii NTSC covers don't show,

maybe there should be an option in the main setting to choose if you want to force ntsc , system defauls , force pal50 pal 60, so you dont have to do it for every game

beside those tiny thing ,

PERFECT WORK !!!

Sounds like it's good enough for a first release! *wink wink*

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm very curious about it. I hope it works better than the other Coverflow loader, by beardface i guess...

Go ahead Hibern and release the most promising loader since GX!

Amarabha

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amarabha said:
I'm very curious about it. I hope it works better than the other Coverflow loader, by beardface i guess...

Amarabha
what's not working good in beardface loader?

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
Amarabha said:

Amarabha
what's not working good in beardface loader?

ger: Ich hatte extreme Probleme mit der Darstellung der Cover...die ersten 20 (nicht genau gezählt) haben funktioniert, alle anderen, bei insgesamt 90 Spielen, wurden nicht angezeigt. Nur Schnee. Kann sein, dass das Problem mittlerweile behoben wurde, ich hab das vor 2 oder 3 Wochen man getestet, ansonsten lief er relativ einwandfrei.

eng: I've had problems with displaying the cover...about 20 covers were displayed correctly, all other of about 90 games weren't displayed. Just snow. Maybe he fixed it by now, I've tested his loader about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Beside that the loader worked fine.

Amarabha

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that problem is probably be solved by now. you should really try it again. the graphics really improved. even antialiasing is used to get nicer covers when zooming and switching trough the games.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it's solved.
i wonder how this load will turn out.. since beardface's coverflow is pretty close to perfect imo... wonder if this loader can be even better.

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
that problem is probably be solved by now. you should really try it again. the graphics really improved. even antialiasing is used to get nicer covers when zooming and switching trough the games.

Ok, I'll give it a try this weekend. Don't have my Wii here.

Amarabha

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have been alpha testing this loader. and i can tell you, it is great. for hibern to work on this by himself, he has done a great job with it. loader and cover loads up quickly. obviously it needs a little more work done on it, but what he`s done so far is really good.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, let the Battle begin...
rolleyes.gif

I think Beardfaces RC2 is stable, and has many functions...I still don't see what should make this loader better...3D Covers? Faster loading time? Nicer/cleaner Graphics? And then? Nothing more...nearly everything what we could think of has already be done...well, if it's more stable and has 3D-Covers, then I'm in..otherwise...I guess I'm not...

Let's wait and see...hope I'll be proofed wrong and it will be amazing...
smile.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
rolleyes.gif

I think Beardfaces RC2 is stable, and has many functions...I still don't see what should make this loader better...3D Covers? Faster loading time? Nicer/cleaner Graphics? And then? Nothing more...nearly everything what we could think of has already be done...well, if it's more stable and has 3D-Covers, then I'm in..otherwise...I guess I'm not...

smile.gif

It's always good to have 2 different aproaches to the same problem. Some will prefer Beardfaces and some will prefer this. If the demos anything to go by this will be much better looking, but that's down too personal preference I guess.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

well it's always good to have competition!

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see the loader!
smile.gif

I added 3D covers to wii cover flow; but have it commented out for now... Mainly b/c I think 2D covers look so much better.

I'll probably turn it on a bit after yours is released so you can gain a following with the 'wow' factor of the 3D covers.

Good work and can't wait to see it. Keep it up!

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the very nice comment, Nullkill.
I can't let people say it's a competition. I've always known what i wanted to do. I'm not trying to make something better than this or that, i had a target and i should reach it soon. It's like playing a game until the end, alright? Playing alone in this case.
I've had a different approach indeed, though the result is a redundant, i must admit.
My GUI won't add much (if anything) to what Nullkill has already done, but maybe some people will like it and use it. At least, i will be proud to use my own and give it to friends.
It will be open source too, a few days after the public beta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol