OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
fishears said:
w_n_s said:
I just switched to this loader from USB Loader GX. I upgraded to cIOS 38 Rev 14 and so far it's running fine.

My only small nag is the loading screen. I don't mind the speed, I understand why it would take longer, my issue is it's ugly, when CoverFloader is so nice. If the progress bar was replaced with a nice graphic, then that would complete it for me.

Just my 2 cents
biggrin.gif

Good work lads.

What do you have in mind?

Hmmm, good question. Something that fits in with the look of the loader itself. Something that encorporates the black / white glossy look of the Cover Loader. I'd have to say the coverfloader logo itself IMO doesn't fit in with the overall look of the App, it's a bit cartoony, whereas the loader isn't. With respect to USB Loader GX, the logo / splash screen fits in nicely with the App overall.

I know it's not important, but a nice logo and continuity makes something look and feel really nice to use. As a marketing exercise at the least, a new snazzy logo might pull over some users from GX, boosting the interest for this loader.

Feel free (Anyone) to submit a new Logo and loading screen for coverfloader... we'd love to update this; just don't have time... (Great chance for someone who doesn't know how to code to give back to the team
wink.gif
)

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
pepxl said:
fishears said:
w_n_s said:
I just switched to this loader from USB Loader GX. I upgraded to cIOS 38 Rev 14 and so far it's running fine.

My only small nag is the loading screen. I don't mind the speed, I understand why it would take longer, my issue is it's ugly, when CoverFloader is so nice. If the progress bar was replaced with a nice graphic, then that would complete it for me.

Just my 2 cents
biggrin.gif

Good work lads.

BTW: @the thread - alt dol loading is about to be finished...

nice can we expect it any time soon
Initial support for loading from SD/USB is available on the SVN right now. Improvements will follow soon.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good stuff Fishears, the updates had slowed down a little, not that i am compalining, all you guys do a fantastic job, a few weeks ago there was update after update coming out

Cant wait to try out usb loading
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Jaz808 said:
Good stuff Fishears, the updates had slowed down a little, not that i am compalining, all you guys do a fantastic job, a few weeks ago there was update after update coming out

Cant wait to try out usb loading
smile.gif

Thanks. We're aiming to release more SVN dols to this thread as soon as we have something new. It keeps things alive, doesn't it... We'll post the alt dol SVN shortly for those who can't compile.

BTW Sorry I didn't make it clear: I was referring to alternate dol loading from SD/USB although the SVN does support USB for loader-data
wink.gif

Expect a new stable release very soon.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
pepxl said:
fishears said:
w_n_s said:

Just my 2 cents
biggrin.gif

Good work lads.

Initial support for loading from SD/USB is available on the SVN right now. Improvements will follow soon.

dupe

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
pepxl said:
fishears said:
w_n_s said:

Just my 2 cents
biggrin.gif

Good work lads.

I think the logo in the settings menu is nice (top left corner). If the resolution can be increased, add a bit of gloss / lighting effect to it in photoshop, it could look really nice as a loading splash screen along with the progress bar. If you can post a higher res version of that, it might be something for people to work on.

Kingherb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest svn build you posted asks for a update so i accept, then i reboot manually back to homebrew channel and load up coverfloader again and it tells me my config file is obsoleted and will be removed, i press ok then when it loads up its asks me to do the exact same update as before, and the next time i reboot the process starts all over again with config obsoleted and then update, its like groundhog day lol. Also alt dol for for pal Red Steel crashes for me on the nintendo logo and medal of honour heroes 2 ntsc crashes on the wiimote screen but they work ok on GX, im on cios rev 10 if that helps. Also i think downloading cheats no longer works it just gives corrupt texts but thats not a coding issue, i think its because the site it downloads them from is down.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get the same issue with the looping update and config file obsolete messages.

I'm getting crashing to the Wii menu with all alt dol games. It could also be that I'm using SDHC though, I suppose. When I get a chance later I'll check to see if it works on regular SD.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Auto Update is still in its infancy as a feature - the dol I posted is the latest one so please just click "cancel" for now.

Stop trying to launch Red Steel - that's a tough one to get working
wink.gif
Play WSR instead, it's lots of fun!
biggrin.gif

All I can say is, we're working on it and we'll post updates when we have them.
Thanks for testing

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
Here's the latest SVN build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yhn33ntg22n

This includes initial support for alternate dol loading from from SD/USB (enable it in game settings)
Place your alternate dol (named with the game's ID eg. RZPP01.dol) into SD:/usb-loader/altdol/

Is this a potential future fix for loading dlc for say Rockband /Guitar Hero from SD card while playing the game from the USB drive?

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
Auto Update is still in its infancy as a feature - the dol I posted is the latest one so please just click "cancel" for now.

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for testing

I second fishears, WSR is pure fun! It made me stop playing NBA 2K9 for Xbox 360 since i can shoot the basketball myself in Wii Sports Resort. Wakeboarding and Swordfighting FTW!

Kingherb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for testing

Hey i love Red Steel XD, can't you just clone gx code
laugh.gif
although even with that i have to load the game 2x because on 1st load it can get sound of graphical glitches, as for WSR i don't have motion + yet, but i will probably get that soon.

Perhaps you could add a feature: auto update on/off

I'm wondering does anyone know another site that hosts orcarnia cheat texts? seems like the site is down, and since i tried updating cheats in Coverfloader it corrupted all my previous texts.

No problem about testing, i love the loader
grog.gif

jbook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna say that I love this loader, but I was wondering what the possibility would be to have a favorites list? I have a bunch of games on my drive and enjoy the convenience, but there are only a handful of them I play regularly.

Thanks!

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for testing

hey fishears, do you have a high res image of the logo from the top left corner of the settings menu?

I was gonna give this a go in Photoshop, see if I can snazz it up a bit for a splash screen for you during the loading screen.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
w_n_s said:
fishears said:

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for testing

hey fishears, do you have a high res image of the logo from the top left corner of the settings menu?

I was gonna give this a go in Photoshop, see if I can snazz it up a bit for a splash screen for you during the loading screen.

that's the only one we have AFAIK
we don't mind you making a different logo - none of us are married to the gfx
wink.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Kingherb said:
fishears said:

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for testing

Hey i love Red Steel XD, can't you just clone gx code
laugh.gif
although even with that i have to load the game 2x because on 1st load it can get sound of graphical glitches, as for WSR i don't have motion + yet, but i will probably get that soon.

Perhaps you could add a feature: auto update on/off

I'm wondering does anyone know another site that hosts orcarnia cheat texts? seems like the site is down, and since i tried updating cheats in Coverfloader it corrupted all my previous texts.

No problem about testing, i love the loader
grog.gif
Auto update setting and improvements are on the way.

GX have more memory free for alt dol loading (mainly) because they don't use hi-res full covers. We're looking at another loading method though....

That cheats thing is a pain. I should change my code so that it saves a temp file, checks it, and only writes a permanent file if the data is good.. So many things to do though. Just posted a fix for this in the SVN (r890)

sonyman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what do u do if u still get the 002 green screen error in some games using the coverfloader, even when the 002 error fix is ticked on in the GX loader?? do u have to do the xxxx.dol trick and copy it to the sd card for each game giving the error?, like it was the way for Wii sports resort.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonyman said:
what do u do if u still get the 002 green screen error in some games using the coverfloader, even when the 002 error fix is ticked on in the GX loader?? do u have to do the xxxx.dol trick and copy it to the sd card for each game giving the error?, like it was the way for Wii sports resort.

yeah a little more info would be helpful such as ...ohh I dunno..maybe the name of the games you are having issues with?

I am almost complete instead a few hundred games using CF 1.1 , and am on NTSC-U V14 with 4.1 menu . If you are on the same, I MAY very well be able to give you the settings I used to get games to work. There are currently only just a handful of games that require the alt-dol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?