Added Hydra Castle Labyrinth cover to the Miscellaneous pack
The artworks I took are the work of Andrew Wilson. I've just colored them
Hydra Castle Labyrinth.game.png

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Tetsuo Shima Thank-you *SO* much for doing this. I really appreciate, as do countless others, I'm sure.

As I've been going through them, I have added in a few missing SNES covers, as well as re-creating a couple vertical covers that seem MIA. Furthermore, as I've been downloading the cover sets, I've been running them through ImageOptim to apply, Oxipng, PNGcrush, PNGout, & zopfli algorithms yo achieve optimal lossless compression. Overall, images are coming out 15% smaller on average. Would you like me to share these with you?

SNES Shrunken Spine Remastered Preview Update:
I just want to show what I have been doing to all the covers so far to give you guys an idea of what's happening here...
[…]
I posted some examples.. however, covers are not fully sized:

These samples look GREAT!!!!!!!!

Imagemagick is really the way to go for this type of task. Resizing, cropping or merging thousands of images can be done very quickly. It's really a wonderful tool. The documentation is sometimes not clear but you can find a lot of examples or help on forums. It's not dangerous as long you're cautious, doing backup...

Thank-you for sharing your example on this! I've never bothered to learn ImageMagick myself, despite knowing how powerful it is. For the script you provided, I believe all of that can be done through Photoshop automation. I only mention that for those who prefer a GUI, and don't know that Photoshop can do some decent automation tricks of its own.

I have been experimenting further with the Jewel Case dvd skin, and now have a new design. I think this one is much more accurate than my first attempt.

WOW. Just wow.

Last edited by AdamCatalyst,
Reactions: Alexander1970

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AdamCatalyst Thanks man, but just a heads up, I am redoing every cover for the SNES and they're going to all be a uniformed cover set. Those covers I posted are now outdated. I have prolly 1100-1200 new covers coming, Idk yet tbh. Just between the #'s to the last B cover is well over 140+ covers. All High Quality too using photoshop for logos, text, cleaning, ect.

Last edited by ToddofWar420,

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have to ask, is it just for me this happens and am I doing something wrong or are alot of the covers missing? For example: I have a rom collection for Famicom Disk System that contains 112 roms, and only 85 of the covers are working of 166. Is this common? I'm not having any hacked roms or unofficial ones.

Thank you! ^_^

@mastershoes @Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have to ask, is it just for me this happens and am I doing something wrong or are alot of the covers missing? For example: I have a rom collection for Famicom Disk System that contains 112 roms, and only 85 of the covers are working of 166. Is this common? I'm not having any hacked roms or unofficial ones.

Thank you! ^_^

@mastershoes @Tetsuo Shima
Yes, it's possible. I had to skip some minor games, because there were so many and I did it all by myself.
However it may be worth to check the filenames, if there are any errors in the titles and cover names.

Reactions: Ripster

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@AdamCatalyst Thanks man, but just a heads up, I am redoing every cover for the SNES and they're going to all be a uniformed cover set. Those covers I posted are now outdated. I have prolly 1100-1200 new covers coming, Idk yet tbh. Just between the #'s to the last B cover is well over 140+ covers. All High Quality too using photoshop for logos, text, cleaning, ect. I'll drop a few here as more recent example of the set. The names will be fixed when I send the final set to Tetsuo Shima, these were just pulled off my card. Brandish 2 prolly took me the longest.
Enjoy!!
.View attachment 220392 View attachment 220393 View attachment 220394 View attachment 220395

I get the sense that you are deep into this, and integrating me would be more trouble than it's worth. :) Please correct me if I'm wrong. My guess is that all the little fixes I've made are redundant and inferior to the rolling thunder you got going on over there. If there is anything I can do, even just compressing the hell out of PNGs, or quality control, please let me know!

One thought: are you doing the shrunken spine, or regular? If you are doing the regular, I could work on an automated Photoshop action to make perfect Shrunken Spines auto-magically. Please feel free to PM me if I can be of help.

p.s. your work looks incredible!

Last edited by AdamCatalyst,

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, it's possible. I had to skip some minor games, because there were so many and I did it all by myself.
However it may be worth to check the filenames, if there are any errors in the titles and cover names.
That's correct, there was some files I had to rename. Looks alot better now :) Some of your cover-collection contains like 800+ covers, I'm trying to build my rom collection to match all those covers. Are there any program out there that can somehow scan what roms that I'm missing to match them?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: I started a new Amiga cover set in Big Box format using original scans.
I really can't stand the custom covers in DVD format, when Wiiflow gives us the opportunity to recreate the original ones.
Very difficult to find the source material, so there's only 56 covers for now.
I cannot guarantee that all of them are working in Uae-Wii, but I've tested most of them.
I may add other Amiga covers in the future, but I won't waste time with mouse driven games, because they're unplayable in Uae Wii. Except for point 'n click adventures that can be played on ScummVM, but they are already available in the ScummVM set.
Download link is in the 1st post.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Added 4 more covers to the Amiga Big Box set:
Body Blows, Sensible World of Soccer, Space Crusade, Total Recall
Here's the full list (60 games):
Addams Family, The
Akira
Alien Breed
Alien Breed 2 - The Horror Continues
Alien Breed - Tower Asssault
Assassin
Baby Jo in 'Going Home'
Barbarian - The Ultimate Warrior
Barbarian 2 - The Dungenon of Drax
Batman - The Movie
Blues Brothers, The
Body Blows
Brian the Lion
Cabal
Captain Blood
Castle Master
Chaos Engine, The
Chaos Engine 2, The
Defender of the Crown
Elite
Flashback
Formula One Grand Prix
Frontier - Elite 2
Gods
Great Giana Sisters, The
Hunter
It Came From the Desert
Lionheart
Mega Twins
Moonstone - A Hard Days Knight
Myth - History in the Making
Nebulus
Night Shift
Project-X
Rocket Ranger
Sensible World of Soccer
Shadow of the Beast
Shadow of the Beast 2
Shadow of the Beast 3
Sleepwalker
Soccer Kid
Space Crusade
Speedball
Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe
Stunt Car Racer
Superfrog
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day
Total Recall
Trolls
Turrican
Turrican 2 - The Final Fight
Turrican 3
Tusker
Walker
Wizball
Wizkid
Wolfchild
X-Out
Zool
Zool 2
Aug-20-2020-16h37m30s.png

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent some time redoing these covers for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for Super NES.
I completely redid the game pictures, text, logos, ect. And since I didn't really like how Donatello was the only turtle to choose from on the cover, I borrowed art from other console covers and made matching alternates. I even redid the retail to match the others cause frankly, Donny almost looks like Leo. So now anybody can choose their favorite turtle for their cover. Just note that some characters don't appear in this version of the game. Also made the Tournament Fighters' Champion Edition. Here's the preview spot:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters Samples.png

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spent some time redoing these covers for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for Super NES.
I completely redid the game pictures, text, logos, ect. And since I didn't really like how Donatello was the only turtle to choose from on the cover, I borrowed art from other console covers and made matching alternates. I even redid the retail to match the others cause frankly, Donny almost looks like Leo. So now anybody can choose their favorite turtle for their cover. Just note that some characters don't appear in this version of the game. Also made the Tournament Fighters' Champion Edition. Here's the preview spot:
View attachment 222415

People like you make people like me smile. :D

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another SNES update preview
-Albert Odyssey - I remade this cover based on a mock up of this same design but was too low-res and watermarked to source. It took awhile, but overall, this cover came out amazing Imo.
Digimon Adventure - You have to find the cracked version for this one to work
Killer Instinct - Eyedol Edition is a hack of KI just has Eyedol as a selectable fighter on fighter select screen.
Super Luigi RPG - Like 6 years ago I originally put together this cover but was never able to finish it by placing the "Luigi" name on the front cover... until now!
Castlevania - Dracula X is to show an example of how I'm replacing the logos that are on the front label and placing them in the new spot.
Casper just looks hella better.
And last but not least Mortal Kombat - Champion Edition. This cover introduces something new. MK-CE lets you play as 3 bosses, Goro, Shang Shung, and Reptile. However to play as them you need to know which fighter to choose and what to press, so instead of having to remember it all, I placed the moves list and info on the back cover for each fighter so it can't be forgotten. Before play just take a quick recap if needed then game on.
Oh, one last thing, BS Fire Emblem: Akaneia Senki was just recently translated to english and would like to get these covered but I can't find anything good to use. If you or anybody has something that that would help out, send it my way and I'll see what I can do. That's really about the only game I'm having trouble with at this point.
SNES Preview 2.png

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just another SNES update preview
-Albert Odyssey - I remade this cover based on a mock up of this same design but was too low-res and watermarked to source. It took awhile, but overall, this cover came out amazing Imo.
Digimon Adventure - You have to find the cracked version for this one to work
Killer Instinct - Eyedol Edition is a hack of KI just has Eyedol as a selectable fighter on fighter select screen.
Super Luigi RPG - Like 6 years ago I originally put together this cover but was never able to finish it by placing the "Luigi" name on the front cover... until now!
Castlevania - Dracula X is to show an example of how I'm replacing the logos that are on the front label and placing them in the new spot.
Casper just looks hella better.
And last but not least Mortal Kombat - Champion Edition. This cover introduces something new. MK-CE lets you play as 3 bosses, Goro, Shang Shung, and Reptile. However to play as them you need to know which fighter to choose and what to press, so instead of having to remember it all, I placed the moves list and info on the back cover for each fighter so it can't be forgotten. Before play just take a quick recap if needed then game on.
Oh, one last thing, BS Fire Emblem: Akaneia Senki was just recently translated to english and would like to get these covered but I can't find anything good to use. If you or anybody has something that that would help out, send it my way and I'll see what I can do. That's really about the only game I'm having trouble with at this point.
View attachment 224277

Oh my gawd. Beautiful. Wow.

These were the only high quality assets I could find for Akaneia Senki…

5e85db11-bdaa-4676-ae49-809617aadaad.png
614198701_BsFireEmblem-AkaneiaSenkiHen-Dai-2-wa-AkaiRyuuKishi(Japan).jpg

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, I need some help here. Been struggling to make this work for hours now without luck.. I changed the PC Engine image with the TurboGraf one (everything works fine with that) the thing is that I cannot get the correct (DVD box) for this one. As soon as I replace the magicnumber, the Background of TurboGraf disappear. Mind check it out for me please? #Tetsuo Shima

[BUTTON_12]
autoboot=
cat_page=1
category=0
image=Turbo_Grafx.png
image_s=Turbo_Grafx.png
magic=4d45434e,4d45434f
source=plugin
title=PC Engine

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Mednafen PCE
magic=4d45434e,4d45434f
coverfolder=wiimednafen/Turbografx-16 (PC Engine)
dolfile=retroarch-wii/mednafen_pce_fast.dol
romdir=wiimednafen/roms/Turbografx-16 (PC Engine)/wiiflow roms
filetypes=.pce|.cue|.zip
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ffffff
bannersound=PCE.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

Reactions: Hakaisha

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Ripster The background and coverflow layout are not working because of the second magic number
4d45434f
It's not needed anymore. It was there because I once used it to show 2 different case colors for the PC-Engine (black and white cd cases, like the real games).
Since @Hakaisha made the transparent skin for Cd cases, I've removed the 2nd magic number from Platform.ini.

So, just use magic=4d45434e and everything will work.
If you want to try Hakaisha's transparent skin, you can find it in the Wiiflow Plugins Pack that I've just released yesterday.
I'll post a screenshot later, it's really amazing.

Edit: Anyway, 4d45434f was meant to be used in a second pcengine plugin .ini, and set with covercolor=000000 and separate romdir
You can't have 2 magic numbers in a plugin.ini, only in source menu .ini

Edit 2:
Sep-14-2020-02h37m25s.png

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Ripster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Ripster The background and coverflow layout are not working because of the second magic number
4d45434f
It's not needed anymore. It was there because I once used it to show 2 different case colors for the PC-Engine (black and white cd cases, like the real games).
Since @Hakaisha made the transparent skin for Cd cases, I've removed the 2nd magic number from Platform.ini.

So, just use magic=4d45434e and everything will work.
If you want to try Hakaisha's transparent skin, you can find it in the Wiiflow Plugins Pack that I've just released yesterday.
I'll post a screenshot later, it's really amazing.

Edit: Anyway, 4d45434f was meant to be used in a second pcengine plugin .ini, and set with covercolor=000000 and separate romdir
You can't have 2 magic numbers in a plugin.ini, only in source menu .ini

Edit 2:
View attachment 224803
I see, but if I use 4d45434e, I wont be able to have the Turbograf16-DVD covers without them beeing squeezed? Just the Jeweled ones?

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...