Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 03-28-14: (Yeah I know it's the 29th, but i did the update yesterday and didn't get around to posting it.)

NES Update! It includes 102 new covers and 4 cleaned/updated covers. They come from a little bit of everywhere.. some from TCP, some from halen and i think some from Pepois and Wiimpathy. There are definitely some candidates for some future upgrades in this update, but overall they look pretty good in the flow. Thanks everyone for the contributions! All links & folders have been updated.

Have fun! :)

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update 03-28-14: (Yeah I know it's the 29th, but i did the update yesterday and didn't get around to posting it.)

NES Update! It includes 102 new covers and 4 cleaned/updated covers. They come from a little bit of everywhere.. some from TCP, some from halen and i think some from Pepois and Wiimpathy. There are definitely some candidates for some future upgrades in this update, but overall they look pretty good in the flow. Thanks everyone for the contributions! All links & folders have been updated.

Have fun! :)
Excellent work Master Shoes!!!!

Would you please let us know which are the 4 covers you cleaned/updated? It would be great to have them in a separate folder for future reference.

Warm regards

Pepois

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zebaskidgoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please help i need this covers please for WIIFLOW Horizontals

ms pacman - snes
super turrican 2 - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show The Buckaroos - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show,The Time Warp - snes

and for master system

sonic chaos - master system

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atari 2600 WiiFlow recommended link is not working. :-( keep getting a HTTP 400 Bad Request. :-(

Also, I'm unable to have a Sega Saturn Bos Art appear for my game.

On my usb drive, I have usb:/wiiflow/boxcovers/yabause

inside that I have a .png from the Saturn box art pack called. "galatic_attack.bin"

On my usb drive, I have usb:/roms/saturn

inside that I have a .bin file called "galatic_attack.bin"

I start Wiiflow, and then I perform a 'reload cache' and then I goto the yabause plugin. It shows my game (naked box art) but it does not display the box art I have on my usb drive?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atari 2600 WiiFlow recommended link is not working. :-( keep getting a HTTP 400 Bad Request. :-(

I just checked the link, and it is working fine over here. Maybe try again?

Also, can you post your Yabause .ini file?

EDIT:

Update 04-01-14: An MSX set has been added to the "Computer Systems" section. It contains 126 covers and 12 alternates. These were put together by mike1 with some contributions from Wiimpathy as well. Big thanks for the contributions guys!!

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, here it is. :-) And i'll try the Atari 2600 link again.

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Yabause
magic=59876543
coverfolder=yabause
dolfile=yabause.dol
romdir=roms/saturn
filetypes=.cue
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=ff00ff
bannersound=Sega_Saturn.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

Also, just to let you know, I'm able to view my Sega CD,NES,SNES,Genesis,Master System box covers.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, here it is. :-) And i'll try the Atari 2600 link again.

[PLUGIN]
displayname=Yabause
magic=59876543
coverfolder=yabause
dolfile=yabause.dol
romdir=roms/saturn
filetypes=.cue
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=ff00ff
bannersound=Sega_Saturn.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

Also, just to let you know, I'm able to view my Sega CD,NES,SNES,Genesis,Master System box covers.

filetypes=.cue

there's your answer, name your covers after your cue files

"galatic_attack.bin" cue

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHH! Awesome!

So stupid of me to overlook that!

It shows up now! :-D

BTW, I know this thread isn't the proper one, but could you possibly direct me to an active wiiflow thread? I have some questions on specific things like, when exiting a game that was launched from wiiflow, why cant you return back to wiiflow?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHH! Awesome!

So stupid of me to overlook that!

It shows up now! :-D

BTW, I know this thread isn't the proper one, but could you possibly direct me to an active wiiflow thread? I have some questions on specific things like, when exiting a game that was launched from wiiflow, why cant you return back to wiiflow?

Glad you got it working :)

For the Wiiflow topic, look in the "Wii/Backup Loaders" forum, and stickied on the top you'll find the wiiflow topic. As for your specific question, there are two ways to do that, but both ways i know require that you have a wiiflow forwarder on your wii. You can either do it through the main menu settings (look for "Return To" and select Wiiflow) or in your wiiflow.ini by finding the line returnto= and putting in your channel ID.

Also...

UPDATE 04-02-14:

I know i just uploaded that MSX set yesterday, but mike1 sent me another 50 covers and I went through the first upload and noticed i never changed the covers to the proper regions (a lot of European covers labeled Japan and vice versa) so I went ahead and completely re-upped everything along with the new ones. Thanks to mike1 for another round of MSX covers! The revised set went from 125 +12 Alts to 181 + 2 Alts. Have fun, and if you downloaded this set prior to now, please re-download it!

Reactions: MassiveRican

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ mastershoes, thank you! :-)

Also, could someone upload the boxart for the Atrii 2600 game Enduro? It's my #1 favorite racing game for the 2600, and sadly its not there! :-(

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zebaskidgoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mickey's playtown adventure a day of discovery
ms pacman - snes
super turrican 2 - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show The Buckaroos - snes
Ren and Stimpy Show,The Time Warp - snes

and for master system

sonic chaos - master system

Juan Diegp Tremolada

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello guys, first of all let me tell you how happy i am with all the covers from the games! i have a request, i would like to see the following covers of snes and N64 in vertical format:

SNES:
Ahh Real Monsters
Bonkers
Boxing Legends of the Ring
Shaq Fu
Separation Anxiety
College Slam
Nosferatu
Bram Stoker Dracula
Goal! (this one doesn't even have a standard format)
N64:
Gauntlet Legends
Paper Boy
Starshot
Mace Darkness
Mystical Ninja N64
Thank you so much and keep up the good work!

Beav_F1

Trophies
XP
Country
IMG00207-20140405-2157.jpgIMG00209-20140405-2157.jpgIMG00210-20140405-2157.jpg

Hi just wondering if anyone can help as to why the cover art in wiiflow is displaying the wrong way round as above I downloaded the cover pack from here (snes horizontal shrunken spine for wiiflow) ive tried manually rotating file and it just becomes more distorted.

also when i launch snes game from wiiflow it seems to just take me to the snes9xgx emu and i have select the game again from there is that normal?

also when i launch snes9xgx emu from wiiflow source menu it always asks for select partition and doesnt
seem to remember, the snes9xgx box is ticked has this got something to do with the categories options as im not sure what there for

thanks in advance sorry for asking so much!!

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 7283View attachment 7284View attachment 7285

Hi just wondering if anyone can help as to why the cover art in wiiflow is displaying the wrong way round as above I downloaded the cover pack from here (snes horizontal shrunken spine for wiiflow) ive tried manually rotating file and it just becomes more distorted.
also when i launch snes game from wiiflow it seems to just take me to the snes9xgx emu and i have select the game again from there is that normal?
also when i launch snes9xgx emu from wiiflow source menu it always asks for select partition and doesnt seem to remember, the snes9xgx box is ticked has this got something to do with the categories options as im not sure what there for

thanks in advance sorry for asking so much!!
they are being displayed right you just need a theme with a default.ini that rotates the cover and sizes it to look right https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/themes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol