Hardware Could this be a new exploit for the wii mini?

ToaKohakkaNuva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the other day I was thinking, wiimotes have storage in them to store miis, save data, and whatnot, but I noticed that the bluebomb exploit is quite difficult to pull off due to (obvious) reasons. So I was thinking that maybe if there was a way to mask the entirety of a modified version of the homebrew channel as one or more miis and have it be accessed through the mii channel. The modifications to the homebrew channel would be something like the inclusion of a usb loader from the getgo etc. So, could such a method be possible?

Last edited by ToaKohakkaNuva,

Fawe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wouldn't it then make much more sense, to just use the exploit, to start the HackMii installer? And from there on you could just install the HBC, etc.
The storage space on the WiiMote probably isn't very much, though.

Last edited by Fawe,
Reactions: ToaKohakkaNuva

ToaKohakkaNuva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it then make much more sense, to just use the exploit, to start the HackMii installer? And from there on you could just install the HBC, etc.
The storage space on the WiiMote probably isn't very much though.
yeah, that's the problem. this is where the other part comes in, if it's too big it would require 2 or more wiimotes. Making software to add the "miis" to the wiimote shouldn't be hard, and that's way easier than using a linux computer (assuming you even have one) to do it. It could technically just access an archive online and direct the already encrypted files into the wiimote. Another issue with that method is the fact that to access miis from the inside of wiimotes you have to move them one by one, so maybe we could maybe have hacked miis and one that's different and once all the miis are moved, then try to edit it. it could then allow you to download the hb channel. Or then again, there's always a save data exploit in brawl because it allowed for button configs to be saved to wiimotes. But alas, this idea is merely a dream. I'm not much of a software guy, more of a console hardware guy :(

Fawe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I can already see all the actual programmers think to themselfes "gee, another great idea by somebody who has no actual knowledge of the ins and outs of it all."

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah, that's the problem. this is where the other part comes in, if it's too big it would require 2 or more wiimotes. Making software to add the "miis" to the wiimote shouldn't be hard, and that's way easier than using a linux computer (assuming you even have one) to do it. It could technically just access an archive online and direct the already encrypted files into the wiimote. Another issue with that method is the fact that to access miis from the inside of wiimotes you have to move them one by one, so maybe we could maybe have hacked miis and one that's different and once all the miis are moved, then try to edit it. it could then allow you to download the hb channel. Or then again, there's always a save data exploit in brawl because it allowed for button configs to be saved to wiimotes. But alas, this idea is merely a dream. I'm not much of a software guy, more of a console hardware guy :(
Isn't the button config just saved on the console locally?

ToaKohakkaNuva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the button config just saved on the console locally?
To my knowledge, no. I saw on some forum that you could only save button configs to wiimotes in brawl making that very useful for storage exploits. Since the wiimote connect to computers via bluetooth and would be essentially a drag/drop file, I don't see why a method using such an exploit would need to be alienated my any computer os making it much easier to pull off as compared to bluebomb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: