Hacking Could someone please help setup Neek with USB Load GX?

jcgonzmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Please help @Cyan or anyone!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!

I have seen the guides in this forum, an I do not understand them! I am desperate! The service is shutting down on January 31! I want to have everything setup by then!
I HAVE A 32GB SD CARD. I WANT TO RUN EVERYTHING FROM THERE. EMUNAND AND GAMES. I DO NOT WANT TO USE ANY OTHER EXTERNAL DEVICE.
Hopefully, I can setup NEEK or SNEEK, or whatever is called, only using a SD card. I do not want to have a USB permanently plugged to my Wii. I am happy with my SD card going unnoticed.
Until now I have:
USB GX Loader
Prii Loader
Multi Mod Manager

I downloaded MODMII V 6.5.0. Then I did the following:
1) It gave me the option "SNEEK Installation and NAND Builder"
2) Selected All of the Above "SNEEK Installation and EMULATED Nand buider for SNEEK"
3) Select version of Sneek would build. I selected 96
4) I downloaded SNEEK + DI (By the way I also downloaded UNEEK+DI just to have in case of emergency)
5) I get a file that says COPY to SD. I copied everything inside that file to the ROOT of my SD card. It had the following folders with their respective files:
- Apps - Multi Mod Manager
-Bootmineek - armboot.bin
-NANDS - pl_us (shared1, sys, ticket, title)
-SNEEK - di.bin, font.bin, kernel.bin
-WAD (Inside this folder I have the neek2o_NEEK2O-1.wad)

I copy all of that to the rood of the SD Card.
Then I turn on whe wii and launch USB Launcher.
I install the Sneek WAD on the USB Loader GX menu (I guess it is the emuNAND).
Then I try to open the SNEEK Wad but it says "Mounting USB device failed" and "Couldnt load Kernel.bin into memory"
Then I go to settings - features - boo NEEK system menu. The screen stays BLACK.

I do not know what to do!

Last edited by jcgonzmo,

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have seen the guides in this forum, an I do not understand them! I am desperate! The service is shutting down on January 31! I want to have everything setup by then!
Why the hurry? You'll still be able to redownload bought games until at least September 2019, so as long as you buy the games now, there is no need to hurry to get them installed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
4) I downloaded SNEEK + DI (By the way I also downloaded UNEEK+DI just to have in case of emergency)
5) I get a file that says COPY to SD.
if you mixed files, it won't work.
choose ONE, not both.

if you generate uneek too, it'll overwrite sneek files.
both uneek AND sneek generated by modmii generates and replace the "copy to sd" content.

if you generate neek for USB with modmii, and you copy ONLY the content of "copy to SD" it will not work.
do NOT generate uneek.

Do NOT generate a new clean NAND either.
many times I told you what to do, and EVERY TIME you did something else.

I install the Sneek WAD on the USB Loader GX menu (I guess it is the emuNAND).
don't !
if you generated a NAND from modmii, and you install a wad, you broke the nand !
follow guides in correct order, don't act like you know and can do what you want when you want, you clearly don't. don't suppose. don't do things in advance. there are steps to follow in order.

Then I try to open the SNEEK Wad but it says "Mounting USB device failed" and "Couldnt load Kernel.bin into memory"
Even worse ! that's NOT how you launch neek !!

and of course it says USB Mount failed ! you generated Uneek files ! for USB !

why don't you follow steps and what we say, instead or doing things the way you think are what you have to do?
we told you to generate sneek files, and you felt like "I'll ALSO do uneek just for future needs" <--- we never told you do follow any "future needs" steps which are messing the guide steps !

I really don't understand why you try to use the homebrew the wrong way. like people getting angry and having headache because they want to use nothing else than flashdrive even after everyone told them not to. "I want to use something not working, please make it work" that's not how you do things.

USBLoaderGX is meant to load Wii games from USB.
if you don't want USB or use homebrew the way they are meant to, you'll just cumulate problems.
Why people bother everyone to fix issues they wouldn't have if they did what they should instead of trying to do uncommon things?
you prefer SD? I prefer people with working setup.
you prefer not following guides and prefer skipping steps? I prefer people following what we explain.

You are stressing for no reason.
that's not because Nintendo will close eshop that you will never be able to use neek. what's the relation?

Last edited by Cyan,

jcgonzmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Cyan

1) First time installing neek. You are telling me like if I have done this hundreds of times an asked you hundreds of times. I have not. FIRST time.

2) I only installed the files of SNEEK+DI in my SD card. After I disconnected my SD card from my computer, I downloaded UNEEK+DI and saved it in a file my computer just in case.

3) Why I do not follow the steps? The steps are not clear to me. Like YOU mentioned in your other post, they MAY BE outdated.The the process is correct, but some things have changed. But for example:
- The Modmii link is to an outdated file. Here is the link to the newest one https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/
- nswitch link is to a 2013 file (I do not know if its up to date. But you mentioned that the guide may be outdated so It causes doubt). Still, I downloaded nswitch.rar (Jan 20, 2013) from all the files in the link you put in the guide.
-You tell me there is a that I have to press some letters at the beginning of modmii, to go around a menu. When I run modmii i do not get to press any letter. I only get multiple selections:
2mkxs0.png

One of those selections says to generate sneek. When I do that it gives me 4 options: Sneek+DI, Sneek, Uneek+DI and Uneek. After selecting one, it gives me 3 options: 1) SNEEK Installation 2) EMULATED Nand buider for SNEEK or 3) All the previous ones (Select this for first time users).
Also when you download Modmii it ask if if you want to start Priiloader, Future loader, themes, etc. It also asks me if I want to generate the 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 system. (I guess is the 4.3 because I have 4.3 on my wii).

4) SNEEK+DI also comes with the neek2o_NEEK2O-1.wad

5) In your post you mention the following:
- put one of these 4 wad files on sd or usb. I recommend the classic visual "neek2o NK2O_1 .wad"
- launch usbloadergx and install the wad to your emuNAND.
Note:
If you created a new clean NAND using modmii, you have the option to automatically include a "neek2o" or "Nswitch" channel which will be used to exit to realNAND. The channel will have the correct TitleID (NK2O) so you don't need to install any other wad.

This is what I did. I installed the WAD in the emuNAND. (It seems it did not work, because it was not done in order).

5) By the way, if you tell me that to use Neek I CAN ONLY DO IT with an USB/SD card combo plugged into my Wii, then I will use it, no problem. However, I was under the impression that I could use NEEK only using a SD card.
Can you use NEEK only with a SD card or do you necessarily need a USB/SD combo?

By the way, thanks.

Last edited by jcgonzmo,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) it's not the first tme, I answered you few things already. I told you not to edit nands using modmii, I told you to explain things to me in details because I didn't understand that "nand building or merging" but never got the answer (now I do, thanks).

I still didn't know you didn't want to use USB completely, and only wanted to have everything on SD card.
You'll have to explain to me what you are really wanting to achieve, because I highly doubt you need neek. To me, you just need wiiflow !
stop wanting to use neek if you don't even know why you want it.

2)
The Modmii link is to an outdated file. Here is the link to the newest one https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/
yes, all guides with direct links have to be rechecked to see if there are new version. you did. it's good.
But sometime, direct links are there for a reason. sometime new version are different, not compatible, or for other version of console, etc.

If you noticed my guide didn't match anymore your version of modmii, didn't you think about trying the linked version instead?
using linked version would have let you notice you wasn't using the correct program.

- nswitch link is to a 2013 file
though there are no newer version, nswitch is not needed if you use USBLoaderGX.

3)
nowhere in my guide I said to use Modmii skin.
I said "modmii" not "modmii skin".

4)
don't select the option for first time user, that's if you are doing something else which my guide is NOT based of.

You should have mentioned, and noticed, that my guide said to type number/letter, and your tool didn't match these steps.
Instead, you decided to do it your way and adapt things not matching the guide anymore.

6)
at least, some of the steps are good:
generate sneek : good
nand builder : wrong !

7)
SNEEK+DI also comes with the neek2o_NEEK2O-1.wad
yeah, that will be useful, later ! when it'll be explained what to do with it, why it exists and how to use it !

For the hint : this is not used to boot into neek, but instead to exit neek !

8)
5) In your post you mention the following:
- put one of these 4 wad files on sd or usb. I recommend the classic visual "neek2o NK2O_1 .wad"
- launch usbloadergx and install the wad to your emuNAND.
ONLY if you follow my guide !
if you generate a new nand for "first time user" on modmii skin, DON'T !

Your problem is not following the guide step by step, and mixing different elements/programs.

9)
If you created a new clean NAND using modmii, you have the option to automatically include a "neek2o" or "Nswitch" channel which will be used to exit to realNAND.
yes, if you use "modmii" not "modmii skin".

10)
You can use neek with only SD.
I think you can't use Neek+di with only SD.

Final note:
Please, before wanting to follow guides and actually do unuseful things, tell me what you really expect to do.
to me, it feels like you want to play Wii games from SD, without using USB. Am I right ?
you don't need Neek for that !
you can use Wiiflow.

If you want to use SD for channels (Virtual console and WiiWare), again, you don't need neek, Wiiflow or USBLoaderGX can do it !

only VERY few channels are not working without neek, and only for these specific channels you'll need neek.
are you really in need for neek? which game are you expecting to play ?

I feel like you are looking for problems where there is not.

Last edited by Cyan,

jcgonzmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Cyan

You told me that not all games are compatible with cIOS emunand. Certain games can be used with NEEK.
- Rebirth series
- N64 games.
That is why I am trying to setup NEEK, so that I can play every game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, not all game. like 10-15 games out of 1200?
are you wanting to play rebirth series or Bonzai baber on emuNAND?
you could just install the game on realNAND.
N64 games, which one do you want to play? some are working fine without neek.

it's not because 10 games are not working fine with one playing method that you can't use that playing method for all other working games.
you have plenty to do with 1000+ games already, and you just focus on fixing an issue with a game you are not even playing.

Oh, and, by the way, some games are not compatible with neek either. neek is not a miracle method where everything works. there are bugs/issues/and games not working. it's not working with all devices, has lot of restrictions.
I feel like people are just searching to fix issues with things they don't even need to begin with.

if you have a specific need, it's one thing. but trying to mess with something you don't even need yet, I find it just time wasting.

If you want to use emuNAND, first test the games on the cIOS mode. that's the quickest and easiest method.
if you encounter games not working with cIOS and you know they are compatible with neek (not all are), then we can add neek mode to the "already working" cIOS emuNAND setup.
neek is like an addon to the base working emuNAND setup, and you seem to me that you just want to jump to the addon without making sure the base is working fine.
you want to launch neek directly without even being sure your EmuNAND dump is working. did you ever tested your emuNAND without jumping to neek directly?feels like wanting to drive 10t truck before learning how to drive a car.

Last edited by Cyan,

jcgonzmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Why the hurry? You'll still be able to redownload bought games until at least September 2019, so as long as you buy the games now, there is no need to hurry to get them installed.

I think it was until today. Was trying to do the Sneek process again an it does not show the versions.

Last edited by jcgonzmo,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
even if you can't redownload bought games, it has nothing to do with neek or emuNAND, which users are usually managing their content using wad managers or emuNAND managers.
what you have to do before eshop closes definitely is download your games on real NAND, and dump your games to WAD for backup purpose.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i just worry about cockroaches entering my room