Homebrew Could someone add DVD support to DragonMedia Player?

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
riahc3 said:
Im intrested in doing a simple project (more for shits and giggles than actually using it....Check the dev section) so maybe once I have expirence, we can work together and try to finish the source. I only know C which might be a limitation but if you know one language, others are just picking up the syntaxis.
blem is your immature responses for a simple request of a feature. Like I said, if you are not intrested, please stay out.
To get back to DVD support, I did notice that you had said that the Wii does not support data/video DVD's, but this is incorrect. It does not support them out of the box, but if you install either DVDX, MplayerCe's IOS202, or Hermes IOS202 (this is the one I use), you will obtain data and video DVD support in MPlayerCE and other homebrew apps that utilize DVD media storage
The Wii does not support data/video DVDs. The Wii byitself. Third party modifications (like the one needed to be done to DMP) do not count so the Wii never supports data/video DVDs, only third party modifications.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
just a quick one your asking for DVD support, what about SDHC support has that been implimented yet?

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
just a quick one your asking for DVD support, what about SDHC support has that been implimented yet?
If there isnt DVD support, I dont think there is SDHC support either. I dont have one to test it out, sorry.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riahc3 said:
zektor said:
riahc3 said:
Im intrested in doing a simple project (more for shits and giggles than actually using it....Check the dev section) so maybe once I have expirence, we can work together and try to finish the source. I only know C which might be a limitation but if you know one language, others are just picking up the syntaxis.
blem is your immature responses for a simple request of a feature. Like I said, if you are not intrested, please stay out.
To get back to DVD support, I did notice that you had said that the Wii does not support data/video DVD's, but this is incorrect. It does not support them out of the box, but if you install either DVDX, MplayerCe's IOS202, or Hermes IOS202 (this is the one I use), you will obtain data and video DVD support in MPlayerCE and other homebrew apps that utilize DVD media storage
The Wii does not support data/video DVDs. The Wii byitself. Third party modifications (like the one needed to be done to DMP) do not count so the Wii never supports data/video DVDs, only third party modifications.

Exactly what I said....doesn't support it "out of the box"
wink.gif

Well, if you are looking for an app to support DVD data and video reading without a custom IOS to do so, it just isn't going to ever happen.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
riahc3 said:
zektor said:
riahc3 said:

Exactly what I said....doesn't support it "out of the box"
wink.gif

Well, if you are looking for an app to support DVD data and video reading without a custom IOS to do so, it just isn't going to ever happen.

So DMP would have to use a custom IOS to read data DVDs...
Thats a first step.

joe_blow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to do something like this as soon as I get some free time. I've been searching for a project to get my feet wet on the Wii homebrew front. DragonMedia Player is an excellent music player but the fact that it does not read SDHC and DVDs is a little frustrating. The fact that it can read usb drives thou kind of offsets some frustration. These modifications should not be difficult to implement, the hard part of creating the interface has already been done. And yeah I agree, MPlayer doesn't seem the way to go as it is an all in one solution. I'm looking for just a music player with a nice easy interface. It's surprising to me there aren't 20 mp3 player apps out there already.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
joe_blow said:
I would love to do something like this as soon as I get some free time. I've been searching for a project to get my feet wet on the Wii homebrew front. DragonMedia Player is an excellent music player but the fact that it does not read SDHC and DVDs is a little frustrating. The fact that it can read usb drives thou kind of offsets some frustration. These modifications should not be difficult to implement, the hard part of creating the interface has already been done. And yeah I agree, MPlayer doesn't seem the way to go as it is an all in one solution. I'm looking for just a music player with a nice easy interface. It's surprising to me there aren't 20 mp3 player apps out there already.
Good luck on that...I've heard that DragonMedia Player has some strange code, and that you can't compile it proberly after you added something (happend with USB 2.0-Support). So yeah...realy, good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-