Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SIGH...
YOU CAN'T EDIT BOOTROM. PERIOD.
In fact, after Bootrom Lockout, you can't even Read Bootrom.
Sighax takes advantage of problems in the Bootrom code, specifically in the Signature parser, hence the name Sighax.
Read this for information about how Sighax works.
I think hes talking (maybe im wrong) to rewrite completly the bootrom with some modified line of code
like replacing the whole bootrom by a custom bootrom, kinda

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SIGH...
YOU CAN'T EDIT BOOTROM. PERIOD.
In fact, after Bootrom Lockout, you can't even Read Bootrom.
Sighax takes advantage of problems in the Bootrom code, specifically in the Signature parser, hence the name Sighax.
Read this for information about how Sighax works.
I said I'm not a software engineer, I'm just asking questions to better understand how it works.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hes talking (maybe im wrong) to rewrite completly the bootrom with some modified line of code
like replacing the whole bootrom by a custom bootrom, kinda
It doesn't work that way. The console is hardcoded to read the bootrom from a specific location. You cannot change the bootrom. It is impossible. The 3DS's Read-Only IO registers, which are what turn on when the power button is pressed, are programmed to lead to the Read-Only bootrom. You cannot change the boot process. If you could change it, the 3DS would have been completely hacked in every possible way within a few months of release.

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's somewhen? use the word someday instead

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are efuses? And how do they work? What do they do?
I think he meant to say refusals, given that the OP used the word "somewhen", not a native English speaker and probably misspelled refusals, he meant Switch's refusals to downgrade.

Last edited by Vitaminer,
Reactions: YugamiSekai

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think he meant to say refusals, given that the OP used the word "somewhen", not a native English speaker and probably misspelled refusals, he meant Switch's refusals to downgrade.
this message board is pure gold.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What the fuck are you on about lol?? eFuses are real and are part of the Switch the Xbox 360 also has them. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFUSE?wprov=sfla1

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I need whatever you're smoking.

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I know that, as I have a rooted galaxy and my knox is tripped, similar to efuse.
I was just trolling the OP because of his funny usage of the word somewhen, though there is an entry in the dictionary of this word, albeit very archaic

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like was said earlier as far as we currently know the only way to bypass the eFuses is to exploit the bootrom and have code from flash or sd executed with bootrom acces(Sighax) but at that is the holy grail of hacking once you have that you can do anything, so when we get bypassing(if ever) it will be unnessecary.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I know that, as I have a rooted galaxy and my knox is tripped, similar to efuse.
I was just trolling the OP because of his funny usage of the word somewhen, though there is an entry in the dictionary of this word, albeit very archaic
you made fun of somebody who doesn't natively speak english for a title that while not incorrect, sounds odd. this is why i don't like america. and i'm from there. p.s. you might be surprised to find out that the u.s. did not "win" wwii. study abroad when you get to college.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know this is a total noob question that has already been answered : No, you can't downgrade the switch because of efuses
Well I just need to know, will it be possible somewhen to hack the switch deep enough to be able to skip the verification of efuses when booting up the console?
please dont call me noob, i know i am
At that point you would have CFW which would make downgrading pointless.
So, possible, yes, but also useless.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i know. i'm just trolling because you chose american flag and don't know what efuse means.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, but what if you made earlier (or modded the current) NAND backup to have less fuses? A NAND backup would have eFuse data, so if you restored on one an old FW, you can reset the fuses and the FW, right?
eFuses are physical things. They can't just be removed, as they are smaller than your hair's width.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eFuses are physical things. They can't just be removed, as they are smaller than your hair's width.
that small?
wow...
do you know how much efuses there are in the switch?
if its over 100, we might as well give up the idea they run out of efuses xD

i know. i'm just trolling because OP chose somewhen and know what efuse means.
wanna troll a non english native speaker?
wow...
wanna troll an autist?
im here too

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
that small?
wow...
do you know how much efuses there are in the switch?
if its over 100, we might as well give up the idea they run out of efuses xD

wanna troll a non english native speaker?
wow...
wanna troll an autist?
im here too
You will never run out of eFuses, then the system would never work in the end. That's the reason if you upgrade and downgrade, therefore zaps them. You would end up with a physically broken unit.
If there is someway to downgrade, it will be with an external device to hook and bypass the checks.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe in the future at some time you wont need to be on firmware 3.0.0 to get homebrew but only time can tell
if you want 3.0.0 homebrew buy now one switch on firmware =<3.0.0 and dont cry in some months because you did not or live with the new nice games like mario odyssey or botw + DLC2 and other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?