Homebrew Could anyone port "Osu" to the DS?

dansky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the .osu file is very easy to understand, the problem is when it comes to display e.g. sliders
blink.gif

that's a hard part

Sohakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, I started something too.
I've "projected" the entire homebrew, but when it comes to coding there was too many bugs.
I didn't put much effort on it, I was distracted too much on vacation and now I'm on exams year.

Anyway, I did some calculations so I could find how much I need to unzoom the bigger circle to touch the smaller one exactly when I need to press it. But it just don't was like osu, maybe I don't found a good formula, or I keept a small/big time to press it.

There were many bugs, but I will try harder. Dansky, if you want, I can send the code and my ideas of everything to you

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dansky said:
Sorry for digging the topic out but I think DS REALLY deserves an "osu!" port or clone.

First, as someone has already said, what such a game would need are basics. I do agree that the biggest obstacle is 4mb of RAM, but stop saying that 10 frames of GIF would use 20% of it -.-
Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan do exist so it's fully doable.

In my opinion the best idea is to write a "clone" of osu! which would be able to read osu! beatmaps. That's cause in fact there are too many things in real osu! that cannot be implemented (or 'not now') and these elements that remains would have to be rewritten in a very different way.
Briefly speaking, as someone has already said too: we can't just port 'osu!' and would have to recode it.

PAlib really supports us with all the functions we need, just have to use them in a proper way.

I'd do something like this because it would give me a lot of satisfaction, even though I agree it's quite hard.
That's my question: anyone, who is not a programming newbie (not nesseserly in DS dev cause I'm new to it too) would like to take a part and help?

This is the point I achieved myself. Lots of things have to be done though, at this time I only have HitPoints working ;]

Imho we really can do this so let's team up and code xD
send me a PM if you're interested.
sorry for my bad english

bye

Nice progress man. Glad to see someone actually *start* something. I'm not C(++ or #) coder, but I'm trying to leaern python, LISP and haskell so I probably won't be able to help, but i support you all the way
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol