Correct Dump ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mat37, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Mat37
    OP

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Hi ! I dumped my 32GB mlc (on a 64GB sd) with nanddumper, and as output i got 15 files, 14 of 2GB, and the last one is about 1.1GB, is it normal or should all the files have same size ?
    NOTE : I didn't see if it gives an error, was not looking at the screen for 2hours ^^
    Thank for answers

Last edited by Mat37, Jun 17, 2017
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes that's normal. Since your sysnand is 32gb and you can't put a file on fat32 SD card bigger than 4gb the program splits it up. After you copy it over to your computer you can join them with a single command into one file. I don't remember the command. Ill look it up for you and edit my post.

3. Mat37
    OP

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Thanks, but i wasn't worrting about file splitting, but about last file size and completion of the dump

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    The last file size is never going to be exact same as other file sizes. It's all the leftovers after the last file creation. If there is only a gig or two left to dump then it's not going to make extra blank data so that it's exactly the same file size as the others. That's why everybody is going to have a different number of files and the last file is always going to be a different size. Here's the command to run on your windows machine to combine it to a single mlc.bin file. You'll need it as a single file if you ever want to use a teensy to flash it to nand.

Change the command to make it match your file names. From a cmd prompt run this in the directory of your nand dump:

copy /b mlc.bin.part01 + mlc.bin.part02 + mlc.bin.part03 + mlc.bin.part04 + mlc.bin.part05 + mlc.bin.part06 + mlc.bin.part07 + mlc.bin.part08 + mlc.bin.part09 + mlc.bin.part10 + mlc.bin.part11 + mlc.bin.part12 + mlc.bin.part13 + mlc.bin.part14 + mlc.bin.part15 mlc.bin

Mat37 likes this.
  5. Mat37
    OP

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Thank you for infos and command
    Last question : Do i need a 64GB SD in case I need to flash it ?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    There's no software nand writer (yet), and no SD is needed for a hardmod :)

7. Mat37
    OP

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    So where should the file be copied ?

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You just keep it on multiple drives, if your console hardbricks then you can consider whether to buy a programmer, little point in buying one before you know you need one